After a long weekend, the PBE has been updated! Today's update includes the new Definitely Not A Ward skin, Aurelion Sol's login theme, a suspicious Taric Hammer added to Summoner's Rift, files referencing a "Mecha Zero Sion" skin, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
- New Ward Skin
- Aurelion Sol Login Theme
- Taric's Hammer Added to Summoner's Rift
- Skin Updates
- Balance Changes
New Ward SkinWhile we saw a preview image and the name of this ward skin in an earlier update, the in-game assets for the upcoming Definitely Not A Ward have been added in today's update!
[NOTE: Ward purchasable but not selectable as of the 3/15 PBE build.]
Definitely Not A Ward
Aurelion Sol Login ThemeWith Aurelion Sol's PBE testing underway, his login screen has been added in today's update!
Taric's Hammer Added to Summoner's RiftCuriously, Taric's Hammer has been added to the red side shop keepers barrel. Outrageous! With a large scope Taric update due later this year, what could it mean???
Skin UpdatesDue to readability issues, there have been several changes Underworld Twisted Fate's cards. Check out the PBE boards post from KateyKhaos for more information.
For a while now, we’ve heard that Underworld Twisted Fate’s cards often causes readability issues, especially around colorblind visibility. Skins should be fun, alternative fantasies, and they shouldn't present an advantage when playing them, or a disadvantage when playing against them.
To solve for this, we've made the following adjustments to Underworld Twisted Fate -
- The cards on Underworld Twisted Fate actually spin differently than the base, which is part of the readability concern. We'll be adjusting the animation on Underworld Twisted Fate's (Q) to be the same as the base, so they'll spinning horizontally, as opposed to vertically.
- To adjust concerns around colorblind impact and general visibility, we've made some hue changes to make the cards as visible as base Twisted Fate's cards.
- Lastly, the cards on Underworld Twisted Fate for (Q) are smaller than the base, so they'll be resized to the base size. Hitboxes won't be affected.
We realize that this may not be the only case of hard to read particles, but this was only of the most egregious issues in the game. This doesn't mean other issues won't be addressed, but we felt this was a step in the right direction to resolving visibility concerns - especially in the realm of skins.
- Bonus: This should also resolve some visibility issues on Howling Abyss, as well as the main concerns on Summoner's Rift.
Please feel free to check out these changes in game, and drop a line in this thread if you have any feedback, questions or concerns!"
- A text reference to a new "Mecha Zero Sion" skin was added in today's update! Unfortunately there are no assets in-game yet! Best guess is this is a skin to be revealed in a future cycle.
- Shop image assets of a new ward skin - referred to as Ward 57 as it has no official name yet - have been added!
- Several more non English Aurelion Sol voiceovers have been added
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Triumphant Roar (E) heal amount for allies reduced to for 33% from 50%.
- Base Armor lowered to 19 from 21
- Armor Growth increased to 3.6 from 3.5
- Starsurge (Q) cooldown increased to 10 at all ranks from 8.
- Comet of Legend (E) movement speed cap lowered to 25/30/35/40/45% from 30/35/40/45/50%
- Feast (R) bonus health per stack increased to 100/140/180 from 90/120/150]
- Dragon Strike (Q) [tooltip update - now includes "This effect can be triggered even while immobilized.".]
- Taste Their Fear (Q) [bug fix! Kha'Zix Evolved Q should CD should now properly be lowered to 3 second cooldown to match the Q change earlier in the cycle]
- Void Spike (W) cooldown increased to 9 from 8 (current live value is 10)
- [NOTE: On live, W's cooldown is ten seconds, meaning this is still a buff vs live.]
- Base health reduced to 515 from 552.76
- [NOTE: In a boards thread discussing today's changes Riot Sotere noted "The plan as of right now is to not go forward with the base HP nerfs.]"
- Whimsy (W)
- AP ratio reverted to 10% per 100 AP from 5% per 100 AP
- Speed buff duration reduced to 3/3.25/3.5/3.75/4 from 3/3.5/4/4.5/5
- Wild Growth (R) bonus health reverted to 300/450/600 from 200/350/500
- Prismatic Barrier (W) Shield value lowered to 50/65/80/95/110 from 50/70/90/110/130
- [NOTE: Lux's W has several changes on the PBE atm. ]
- Bushwack (Human W) [no longer roots jungle monsters.]
- Pounce (Cougar W)
- [removed auto attack reset**]
- Damage increased to 65/110/155/200 from 50/100/150/200
- Aspect of the Cougar (R) - [has an auto attack reset again.**]
- Unique Passive "Bolt" naming and base damage increased reverted. Back to live functionality.
Check out [THIS PAGE] for a comprehensive list of the new content & changes currently on the PBE as a part of this cycle or catch up with the individual update links below !
- [Comprehensive 6.6 PBE Cycle Post]
- 3/8 PBE Update: Aurelion Sol, Meowkai, Draven Draven, Urf Kench, Definitely Not Vel'Koz, and more!
- 3/9 PBE Update: Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol splash and more tentative balance changes!
- 3/10 PBE Update: More Tentative balance changes
LCU Pre-Alpha PBE Tech TestFollowing the short break over the weekend, the League Client Update pre-alpha PBE tech test is now back online and up for testing! Here's the latest update from CapnBranFlakes:
"====UPDATE: 14 March 2016====
The client update tech test is now back ONLINE on PBE! If you've received an email invite, you should be able to log in again. Thanks for your patience.
REMINDER: When posting in this PBE board about the tech-test client, please put [League client update] at the start of your thread title. We were just able to go through and add these to existing threads on the topic, but please put that at the start of your title :)."