This mega post was last Updated on 2/9 with the 2/9 PBE Update
( With the release of patch 6.3 to live on February 10th, we started the new 6.4 PBE cycle. )
Previous PBE Cycles in 2016
Below you will find a comprehensive list of new content, balance changes, and whatever else is included in the current PBE cycle! Be aware that these changes are extremely tentative, there is a possibility that things you see below will be changed or even reverted prior to the live patch.
- New Champion Skins
- New Summoner Icons
- Lore Changes
- Balance Changes
- New Champion Skins
- New Summoner Icons
- Lore Changes
- Balance Changes
- Continued Testing/Unreleased Content
New Champion SkinsTwo new Blood Moon skins to start off the 6.4 cycle - Blood Moon Kennen and Blood Moon Yasuo!
Blood Moon Kennen
Here's Galetta with a bugs & feedback thread for Blood Moon Kennen:
"The blood moon electrifies.....
Bathed in the light of the blood moon, he waits for his mark....
Blood Moon Kennen includes:
- New model and textures!
- New particles!
- New recall animation!
This skin will be 975RP! (PBE pricing subject to change)
Your feedback and bug reports are extremely helpful to us, so please check out Blood Moon Kennen and let us know what you think! Feel free to drop any bugs you find in this thread as well!
See you on the Rift!"
Blood Moon Yasuo
Here's Nurse Flan with a bugs & feedback thread for Blood Moon Yasuo!
"The story of a sword is inked in blood. For the Blood Moon, Yasuo appears in crimson garb ready to sharpen his sword on the night.
- Completely new model (masked and crimson!)
- New particles for abilities! (dark red!)
- New recall! (fancy blood moon decal!)
975 RP* - always subject to change
As players who get the first look at this in-progress skin, it would be wonderful to hear your thoughts and feelings on Blood Moon Yasuo! The feedback and bugs you leave here will help us get a better idea of things we may still have to take a look at. :]
See you on the Rift!"
New Summoner IconsIn addition to the new skins, we have three new Blood Moon themed profile icons - one featuring Blood Moon Kennen, one featuring Blood Moon Yasuo, and one of the Blood Moon Seal!
Lore ChangesSeveral Mount Targon champions have had their lore changed, in the past, this has been followed by longer bios & stories on champion pages - such as with the Shadow Isles champions last Harrowing.
Here is the new shortened in-client lore for Diana, Leona, and Pantheon:
''I am the light coursing in the soul of the moon.''
Bearing her crescent moonblade, Diana fights as a warrior of the Lunari, a faith all but quashed in the lands around Mount Targon. Clad in shimmering armor the color of winter snow at night, she is a living embodiment of the silver moon's power. Imbued with the essence of an Aspect from beyond Targon's towering summit, Diana is no longer wholly human, and struggles to divine her power and purpose in this world.
''If you would shine like a sun, first you must burn like one.''
Imbued with the fire of the sun, Leona is a warrior templar of the Solari who defends Mount Targon with her Zenith Blade and Shield of Daybreak. Her skin shimmers with starfire while her eyes burn with the power of the celestial Aspect within her. Armored in gold and bearing a terrible burden of ancient knowledge, Leona brings enlightenment to some, death to others.
''Bring forth one true champion, or a hundred more like you, and then we shall have a battle that will be spoken of until the end of time.''
The peerless warrior known as Pantheon is a nigh-unstoppable paragon of battle. He was born among the Rakkor, a warlike people living on the flanks of Mount Targon, and after climbing the mountain's treacherous peak and being deemed worthy, he was chosen to become the earthly incarnation of the celestial Aspect of War. Imbued with inhuman power, he relentlessly seeks the enemies of Targon, leaving only corpses in his wake.
- Few profile page icons updated, including the first win of the day bonus.
- Lots of backend air client store (where you purchase skins/champions) file changes went through in this update. Nothing drastic appears to be changed but the directory is "SVU" - I'd think that "Shop visual update" or something is appropriate but we'll have to wait and see.
- What appears to be a few new UI assets were added in today's patch, although new nothing appears to be functional or player facing. . No official context yet on what these are for but there appears to be a red "record" button included in there.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
[NOTE: As of this cycle, Riot has significantly changed how champion data is stored. While this isn't something Until we get things sorted out and our tools updated, it's going to be hard for us to datamine everything so apologies in advance while we manually hunt for changes! Thanks for sticking by and let us know if you notice any changes missing! ]
- [Silver Serpent generation on Twisted Treeline, Dominion, and ARAM reduced to 1 every 2 seconds from 1 per second.]
- Parrrley (Q) gold and silver serpents plundered now 4 at all ranks from 4/5/6/7/8
- Powder Keg (E)
- Now Stores 3 barrels max (up from 2 & 3/4/5 based on R rank)
- Recharge cooldown changed to 20/18/16/14/12 from 18/17/16/15/14
- Cannon Barrage (R) :
- Upgrades now cost 250 silver serpents down from 500.
- No longer increases number of Powder Keg stored
- Bouncing Blades (Q):
- Bio-Arcane Barrage (W) tooltip now notes it does maximum of 60 damage to monsters.
- Ricochet (W) bounces can now critically strike.
- [The changes from last cycle are back with a few additional number tweaks!]
- Starcall (Q) :
- Mana cost lowered to 70 at all ranks from 70/75/80/85/90
- Updated Tooltip:
"Calls down a star from Soraka to a target location. Enemies standing in the explosion radius take 70/110/150/190/230 (+ .35 AP) magic damage and are slowed by 30% for 2 seconds.
If Starcall damages a champion, Soraka gains Alignment, restoring up to 30/45/60/75/90 (+ .4 AP) health and 20/30/40/50/60 (+ .2 AP) mana over 5 seconds."
- All enemies hit are slowed rather than only those in center.
- Slow reduced to 30% at all ranks from 30/35/40/45/50%
- Enemies in center no longer take 50% extra damage.
- [NEW MECHANIC] "If Starcall damages a champion, Soraka gains Alignment, resturing up to 30-90 (+ 40% AP) health and 20-60 (+20% AP) mana over 5 seconds.
- Astral Infusion (W) :
- Updated Tooltip:
"Restores 70/100/130/160/190 (+ .6 AP) health to another champion ally.
If cast while affected by Alignment, Soraka will transfer the effect to her target with a refreshed duration.
Cannot be cast if Soraka is below 5% health."
- Heal value lowered to 70/100/130/160/190 from 120/150/180/210/240
- [REMOVED] No longer heals Soraka on champion Q hit.
- [NEW MECHANIC] "If cast while affected by Alignment, Soraka will transfer the effect to her target with a refreshed duration".
Continued Testing/Unreleased ContentBelow are few features that have been testing on the PBE for multiple cycles!
CLUBS testing on PBE!As mentioned in the 2016 season announcement, Riot is currently working on the CLUBS feature and it is up for PBE testing! While originally introduced as private chatroom updates, CLUBS are :
"Clubs are player-named (names must be unique), player-organized, and player-controlled social groups. The idea is to help you grow the amount of available friends at any given time so you can head to the Rift with the right teammates, every game. "
As mentioned above, you can either make your own club or be invited to one! Once created or invited, you'll have access to the club's chat room and can display their tag.
By clicking the CLUBS tab, you can switch your default club if you are in multiple clubs and you can toggle on and off displaying your clubs tag!
Once you join a club, your default clubs tag will show up in various places! On the PBE, I've made the club "Surrender at 20" with the tag FF20. As you can see in the screenshots below, this tag displays on lobbies, chatrooms, and in-game!
Hextech Crafting & Loot
[NOTE: No global release date yet! Socrates has noted it will test on TR for several weeks prior to wide launch.]
Be sure to check out the Hextech Crafting & Loot announcement page for more information, as well as all the red posts over on the Hextech Crafting and Loot Q&A! Bug reports for Hextech crafting can be left in this PBE boards thread.
The new Hextech Crafting and Loot system is now on the PBE for testing! Check out the 2016 season announcement to get acquainted with the new system!
Here's a short video previewing the new system:
You can access the new crafting system by pressing the gem looking button next to shop and profile.
In short the new system allows you to earn and/or purchase chests and keys then open them for loot! Keys can be earned by winning matchmade games or purchased in the shop. Chests can be earned by getting S ranks in matchmade games (limit of 4 per month, 1 per champ per season) or purchased in the shop - more details available here.
Opening chests awards loot - unlocks, champion shards, skin shards, ward skins shards, summoner icons, rare gems, and more. Note that you CAN acquire multiple shards for the same champion or for content you already own. You can get shards for any tier of champion or skin, as well as shards for legacy skins!
Once you have a shard- champion or skin - you can combine it with the appropriate essence - champion or cosmetic - to create a permanent unlock for that content! In the screen shot below I need 580 champion essence to make my Trundle champion shard into a permanent unlock of Trundle. unfortunately, I don't yet have enough essence yet!
To get more essence, you can DISENCHANT any of your shards into essence based on their normal value. Below I can disenchant Kennen, who is normally 880 RP, for 290 champion essence.
With my new champion essence in hand, I can now create a permanent Trundle unlock!
If you'd simple like to try out content, each individual champion or skin shard can be redeemed for a temporary 7 day rental of content by selecting "Activate rental" on the right click drop down. This only requires a shard and does not consume any essence.
You also have the option of REROLLING three permanent skin unlocks or three shards to obtain a random permanent unlock for that type of content. You will always reroll into an unowned champion or skin!
In the shot below I'm rerolling 3 skin shards and end up creating a new permanent skin unlock for Workshop Nunu!
The permanent skin unlock goes into your inventory where you can redeem it to permanently unlock the skin, RE-ROLL it again, or simply disenchant it for more essence. Permanent unlocks have a gold border rather than the teal border for shards.
Unlike skin unlocks, Champion permanent unlocks go right to your account rather than hanging around in your inventory.
You can also open up a RARE GEM that, in addition to also including a random shard, will give you a free chest and key! *NOTE: Socrates mentioned these may be for something else.
As you can only earn four chests a month, you can track how many you have left to earn on your profile page:
As you can only earn 1 chest per champion per season, you can track who you have earned a chest with so far on your champion page:
While things may change, here are a few notes on current values:
- Disenchants yield essence equal to ~33% of the normal RP price for the content
- Example: 975 RP skin will disenchant into 322 cosmetic essence.
- It currently takes the content's RP cost minus 300 to upgrade a shard into a permanent piece of loot.
- Example: Gnar costs 975 RP. To upgrade Gnar's shard into a permanent unlock, it will take 675 champion essence.
- For Hextech Crafting and Loot - Looks like a few new assets added for various types of chests including "New Player" "Day One" and "Promotion".
- Introductory message for the Hextech crafting and loot system added, which includes granting the user a free chest containing a skin shard, ward skin shard, and some essence.