The PBE has been updated! As we kick off the 6.6 PBE cycle, today's patch includes Aurelion Sol, new skins for Draven, Maokai, Tahm Kench, and Vel'Koz, a new ward skin, new summoner icons, DRAVEN minions, a pre-Alpha PBE test of the LCU, a ton of balance changes, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
- New Champion
- New Champion Skins
- League Client Update - PBE pre-Alpha tech test
- New Ward Skins
- New Summoner Icons
- "Draven" Minions
- Balance Changes
Following his champion reveal, Aurelion Sol is now on the PBE for testing!
While Aurelion Sol tests on the PBE, be sure to report bugs here.
Aurelion Sol, the Star Forger
Stats and AbilitiesStats:
- Range : 550
- Movement Speed : 325
- Base Health: 550
- Health Growth:80
- Base Health Regen: 1.3
- Health Regen Growth: 0.12
- Base Mana: 350
- Mana Growth: 50
- Base Mana Regen: 1.2
- Mana Regen Growth: 0.16
- Base AD: 57
- AD Growth: 3.2
- Attack Speed : 0.625
- Base Armor : 21
- Armor Growth : 3.5
- Magic Resist: 30
Center of the Universe (Passive):
"Three Stars circle Aurelion Sol, dealing 20-97 (+ [.17 + 0.01 per level] AP) magic damage and executing minions below 25 health.
Enemy effects that prevent the casting of spells will also disable these Stars."
- Base Damage is 20/22/24/26/28/31/34/37/40/45/50/55/60/67/74/81/88/97
8 Sec Cooldown
"First Press: Aurelion Sol creates a new stellar core, which grows over time and grants him 10% Movement Speed.
The core will detonate when it reaches his Outer Limit, applying 70/110/150/190/230 (+.65 AP) magic damage and a 1/1.25/1.50/1.75/2 second stun.
Second Press: Detonate the core early."
40 Mana plus 16/22/28/34/40 Mana Per Second
6/5/4/3/2 sec Cooldown
"Passive: Increases Star base damage by 10/20/30/40/50.
Toggle: Aurelion Sol's Stars orbit at his Outer Limit and deal 150% damage, for a total of X magic damage."
60/55/50/45/40 sec Cooldown
"Passive: Generate Escape Velocity while moving. Continuously moving in one direction grants increasing Movement Speed up to 30/35/40/45/50%.
Taking champion or turret damage resets this passive.
Active: at 100 Escape Velocity, fly for 3000/4000/5000/6000/7000 units in the chosen direction or until clicking to move. Aurelion Sol can see and be seen over walls while flying.
Taking champion or turret damage will force a landing."
Voice of Light (R):
120/100/80 Sec Coooldown
"Breathes out a blast of pure starfire, dealing 200/300/400 (+ .7 AP) magic damage and slowing by 60/70/80%, decaying over 4 seconds.
The blast will also knock nearby enemies back to Aurelion Sol's Outer Limit."
VoiceoverHere's Aurelion Sol's voiceover, clocking in at just over 30 minutes, including all sorts of champion and item special interactions!
[NOTE: We'll have a dedicated special interactions video up in the next day or two!]
LoreHere's Aurelion Sol's short form in-client lore entry:
"Aurelion Sol once graced the vast emptiness of the cosmos with celestial wonders of his own devising. Now, he is forced to wield his awesome power at the behest of a space-faring empire that tricked him into servitude. Desiring a return to his star-forging ways, Aurelion Sol will drag the very stars from the sky, if he must, in order to regain his freedom."As usual, expect a longer introduction and a champion story once he is ready to head to live!
Release SkinBurning across the night sky is Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol, Aurelion Sol's release skin!
Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol1350 RP
"Aurelion Sol is now re-imagined as the deity of fire and the ash it leaves in its wake. Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol is not your typical "fire dragon," as he is more aligned with lava and the destructive nature of volcanos!
As a little tidbit, the concept artist drew a lot of design references from India and incorporated it into the style of this skin!
As players who get the first look at this in-progress skin, it would be wonderful to hear your thoughts and feelings on the new Ashen Lord skin! The feedback and bugs you leave here will help us get a better idea of things we may still have to take a look at. :]
- Completely new model (fire dragon!)
- New particles for abilities! (much lava, wow!)
- New recall! (so regal!)
- New audio for abilities and recall! (burn-y!)
- Set to be 1350RP* (pricing always subject to change)
See you on the Rift!"
New Champion SkinsWith April right around the corner, we have a goofy batch of new skins for Draven, Maokai, Tahm Kench, and Vel'Koz!
Here's Galetta with a Bugs & Feedback Thread for Meowkai:
"Kitty cats and rainbows!
Meow! Meow! Meowkai is here with his collection of magical cats!
This skin will be 1350RP! (PBE pricing subject to change)
- New model and textures!
- New particles!
- New recall animation!
- New SFX on his Q,W,E and Recall!
Your feedback and bug reports are extremely helpful to us, so please check out Meowkai and let us know what you think! Feel free to drop any bugs you find in this thread as well!
Meow Meow Meow Meow!! :3"
Definitely Not Vel'Koz
Here's Galetta with a Bugs & Feedback Thread on Urf Kench and Definitely Not Vel'Koz:
"A manatee and a businessman walk onto the Rift....
Urf Kench and......Definitely Not Vel'Koz, he's not even remotely close to Vel'koz.
These skins include:
These skins will be 750RP each! (PBE pricing subject to change)
- New models and textures!
Your feedback and bug reports are extremely helpful to us, so please check out Urf Kench and Definitely Not Vel'Koz and let us know what you think! Feel free to drop any bugs you find in this thread as well!
See you on the Rift!"
Last up is the big headed and mysterious Draven Draven, who does not have a context thread or price yet!
League Client Update - PBE pre-Alpha tech testEmails invites for the LCU pre-alpha PBE tech test are going out and the new client is available for testing if your PBE account has been approved!
Here is a brief look at the new client, although be aware for this test most features are not implemented or not enabled yet - really all you can do is chat and queue up for Howling Abyss as the other tabs and pages are disabled.
Need more? Check out our video preview:
For more on this short duration pre-alpha PBE text test, check out this thread.
New Ward Skins
[NOTE: Unfortunately, looks like no in-game assets for this new ward yet! We do have the shop assets to preview though!]]
Definitely Not A Ward
New Summoner IconsTo go along with the new skins and the Draven minions, we also have a batch of six new summoner icons!
"Draven" MinionsAlong with the large headed Draven Draven skin above, there are also assets for a set of Draven themed minions on the PBE - each with their own very large Draven head!
- The Store visual update is on the PBE for continued testing!
- Hextech Crafting remains on the PBE for additional testing!
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Z- Drive Resonance (Passive) haste duration increased to 3 seconds from 2/2.5/3
- [NOTE: The slow is still 2/2.5/3 seconds]
- Phase Drive (E) Cooldown lowered to 11/10/9/8/7 from 13/11.5/10/8.5/7
- Eye of the Storm (E) bonus AD lowered to 10/20/30/40/50 from 14/23/32/41/50
- To The Skies (Q)
- Mana cost reduced to 40 at all ranks from 40/45/50/55/60/65
- Bonus AD ratio increased to 1.2 from 1
- Damage increased to 40/80/120/160/200/240 from 30/70/110/150/190/230
- Attack speed growth reduced to 2.5 from 3
- Base attack speed changed to 0.644 from 0.694
- Sentinel (W)
- [new mechanic] Kalista now gains [9 + 1 % per level] attack speed when near her Oathsworn.
- Active's lap reduced to 3 from 7.
- Fate's Call (R) range to cast ability lowered to 1000 from 1400
- Defiance (R+E)
- Bonus shield value increased to 30/100/170/240 from 30/90/150/210.
- AP Ratio increased to .6 from .3
- Taste Their Fear (Q) cooldown lowered to 3 seconds from 3.5
- Void Spike (W) cooldown lowered to 8 seconds at all ranks from 10
- Prismatic Barrier (W)
- AP ratio lowered to .2 from .35
- Shield value lowered to 50/70/90/110/130 from 80/105/130/155/180
- Shields now stacks on double hits rather than refreshing. **
- Missile now decelerates on the way out, accelerates in. **
- Prowl (Passive) Triggering a hunt on a neutral monster no longer roots it for 2 seconds.
- Aspect of the Cougar (R) [no longer resets AA.]**
- Command: Attack (Q) mana cost reduced to 30/35/40/45/50 from 50 at all ranks.
- Blinding Assault (Q)
- Cooldown increased to 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 from 11/10/9/8/7
- Vision reduction duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2.
- Twin Bite (Q) second hit's % of AD bonus physical damage lowered to 40/55/70/85/100% from 80/85/90/95/100%
- [NOTE: So total damage reduced to 140-200% AD from 180-200%.]
- Burnout (W) [effect removed] no longer deals extra 20% damage vs monsters.
- [No gameplay change, tooltip updated to now specify that Rift Herald gives 2 stacks,]
- Unique active:
- Renamed to "Capture Bolt"
- Notes it the active shares a cooldown with other Bolt items.
- Damage increased to 200 from 150.
- Armor reduced to 55 from 60
- Magic Resist reduced to 55 from 60
- Void Gate now takes 5 hits to kill but regens out of combat (similar to wards)**