The PBE has been updated with, including a new Heartseeker Ashe skin, new visual effects for Ghost and Clairvoyance, loads of VO lines for Xerath, and more!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
New Skin: Heartseeker AsheJust in time for Valentine's Day, Heartseeker Ashe was included in this update but there have been some problems!
Here's RiotAether with a heads up on this new skin's PBE debut:
Wanted to let you know that we'll be adding Heartseeker Ashe to the PBE this morning in a few hours once we deploy. Like most of our recent skins, we're putting her up for testing before her new in-progress features are fully implemented in order to start the feedback and bug loops as quickly as possible.
In particular, the following skin components aren't implemented at all yet:
Please keep this in mind when you see Ashe in game!
- Sound effects
- New visuals for Hawkshot (E)
Hey all, something in the chain of client -> game isn't firing correctly for Heartseeker Ashe right now - our QA is showing that selecting the new skin will just load in all of Ashe's base files. To avoid confusion and false reports, we're going to wait to enable her for purchase until the skin actually shows up in game."
Even though she's disabled in the store, let's take a look anyway!
( Remember, this skin is a WIP ! They are subject to change or even incomplete )
|R mushroom cloud|
New Ghost & Clairvoyance VFXBoth Ghost and Clairvoyance have new visual effects on the PBE!
Updated Xerath VO & SoundsXerath has several new VO lines and ability sound effects in this build!
- The world may crumble, but I shall remain.
- I see the forces that hold the universe together.
- I am the will of man unbound by flesh.
- I stand at the brink of infinity.
- You can not fathom what I am.
- Emotions are only distractions.
- Bound, but not broken.
- Sacrifices must be made.
- I will unmake you
- Your demise beckons!
- You may stare but your mind may collapse.
Joke:* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Power, Immortality, Omniscience ... but no leg room!
Since it seems like his new VO and old VO are still sort of mixed together in game, here's the sound clips played over b-roll and examples of his new ability sound effects!
Here are Xerath's new, special interactions for Syndra and Thresh
- "Those chains can not hold me either, jailer!"
- "You chase power Syndra... I AM POWER!"
If you are concerned about changes being reverted, see this post by Meddler:
"Changes on the PBE are there to be tested. Often, they'll test well and we'll put them in the next patch. In some cases though, such as those you're talking about, we won't be happy with things and will pull them out again, either because our goals have changed, we haven't got enough testing on them yet or we want to try a different approach. "In a different thread , ricklessabandon also commented:
"... we're in this brief period in which we want to wrap up stuff for 4.2..."
- Hawkshot ( E ) tooltip now lists that Ashe gains gold on "enemy unit or structure" kill instead of just enemy.'
- [ Context: Same functionality, this is just a tooltip update ]
- Infected Cleaver ( Q ) slow back to 2 seconds instead of between 1 and 2 based on range.
- Burning Agony ( W ) cc reduction returned to 10/15/20/25/30% from 10/12.5/15/17.5/20%
- [ Context: Both changes have been reverted back to live values ]
- All kit changes reverted back to live values.
- [ Context: Over the last several PBE patches, Kassadin has seen changes to most of his abilities. While his Q/E/R were all heavily tinkered with, his W was reworked to his passive damage on his and be activated for more burst. All of these have been reverted for the time being ]
- Taste Their Fear ( Q ) reverted back to live values.
- Void Assault ( R ) reverted back to live values.
- [ Context: In previous patches, Kha'Zix Q damage was lowered and his R allowed him to ignore unit collision while stealthed. His upgraded R also doubled his R's normal mvspd. This have been reverted. ]
- Cull of the Meek ( Q ) seems to be reverted back to live ( need to check ratios in game )
- Slice and Dice ( E ) reverted back to live functionality
- [ Context: Cull of the Meek had it's base damage and ratio changed up and Slice and Dice's fury bonus was changed to movement speed slow in earlier patches. These have now been reverted back to live values/functionality. ]
( Reminder: Xerath's kit has been reworked on the PBE )
- Rite of the Arcane ( R ) damage increased to 180/235/290 ( +.43 AP ) from 170/220/270 ( +.4 AP )
- Regen lowered to .35/.675/1% of missing health every 5 seconds from .7/1.35/2%.
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Catch up with the links below or check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the balance changes currently in this PBE cycle!
- 1/15 PBE Update - Skarner and Xerath reworks return to the PBE
- 1/16 PBE Update - New Audio Engine, Kass + Ashe Changes
- 1/17 PBE Update - Tentative balance changes
- 1/17 PBE Update #2 ( AIR CLIENT ONLY )
- [ PBE Coverage ] Updates to SE Rene, New Rumble Q Particles, Pantheon Movement.
- 1/21 PBE Update: More Balance
- [Rolled Back] 1/22 PBE Update: SE Renekton Splash
- 1/23 Update: New Kassadin Particles, Lots of new icons, and more
- 1/24 Update: Hexakill, Thornmail particles, and more!
- 1/27 PBE Update: Bouquet Ward
- 1/28 PBE Update: Lots of Reverts