The PBE has been updated! In addition to a few other small bits, we have a slew of tentative balance changes for Gragas, Kassadin, Riven, and the Xerath rework!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Strings referencing a "Hexakill" have been added to the game files.
"X has slain X for a hexa kill!"
"X has ended X's killing spree for a hexa kill! (Bounty: X)"
No in-game audio yet but the criteria for it lists "Mutator1= 6v6" . [ Speculation: a replacement for the above penta kills such as Legendary kill or perhaps a signal for a future featured game mode ]
Education AIR Client Animation
A new, poro-rific animation for "ContextualEducation" was added to the AIR Client .
The text is placeholder taken from the .swf, can't figure out how to trigger it or if it's even hooked up yet.
[Update] Regarding the Riven Changes
It turns out today's changes for Riven were a little off. After a bunch of discussion on the PBE community, Xypherous has both confirmed the intended change was :
Riven's base regeneration is now 2.5 from 5.5and, as a result of the discussion, that the shield change will also be going up even more.
Riven's Valor is now 90/120/150/180/210 from 70/100/130/160/190
Let's take a look at the discussion which contains a lot of edits due to the realization of the error on the regen value and good discussion on the intended change:
"You're very upset here - so let's talk through the change a little bit.
By lowering a champions initial hp/5 by 4 - she effectively loses 24 48 health per minute. This is clearly a huge hit to her laning phase, especially early.
Her shield has been increased by 10 points and her shield has a 10 second cooldown. With Rank 1 shield, assuming you can use it fully 3 times a minute - any further uses of this simply nets you upside - assuming you block damage that is actually significant enough to pierce the shield.
Riven's durability is meant to be virtual - it's as strong as her opponent's mistakes and as good as her timing in using it.
The intent here is to make Riven more like Riven - a character who avoids damage entirely though good play - not regenerate it like every other bruiser in the game. Going the opposite direction (HP/5 + nerfed shield value) - simply makes Riven closer to every other Bruiser in terms of playstyle in lane.
What further changes could further push this goal?
EDIT: I realize that anyone following this post has now realized that I have made a math error by a factor of 2 or so. This is why you don't work on GP/10 and HP/5 at the same time. :("
"You're absolutely correct that no one can avoid every ounce of ranged harass you get thrown at.
However, if you simply block 3 full attacks with this shield - you come out ahead in terms of health. You are healthier than before - so long as you can mitigate the full damage.
I would assume this a nerf to your Riven play. Is the fact 3 shields impractical to pull off in lane?
Does the value need to be closer to 2 shield attacks? Is it the fact that you're going to waste the extra shield value a vast majority of the time? I'm all for readjusting the numbers if you feel like the current crossover point is impractical - but I'd need to understand the essential disconnect on regeneration and what the equivalent conversion value to shield is."
Following feedback about not being able to block much now that her shield duration was reduced last patch, Xypherous agreed that the E shield value could be more:
"Awesome - 3 full shields is completely impractical with the new duration. That's great feedback to hear - it means that we're missing the mark on what is practical in reality.
Is there a value between her current regeneration and shield value that seems practical? 3 full shields is impractical - but how does 2 full shields sound?
EDIT: Sweet - Okay, I'll raise her base HP/5 to 2.5 and try for 15 shield - that'll be 1 and 1/2 shields. When you get a chance with those updates, let me know how that feels!
Thanks for the feedback!"
He also noted that the changes are on the PBE and will be available for testing for at least 2 weeks.
"They'll be on PBE for at least 2 weeks so hopefully we can make further adjustments if it feels impractical in game. If you get opportunity to - try playing with it on PBE.
Also - reading this - I seriously messed up my math in the initial post. Ergh. I fail - This is why you don't do math at 4 a.m."
Finally he edited another psot to confirm the regen at 2.5 hp5 and the additional increase to E
Riven's base regeneration is now 2.5 from 5.5
Riven's Valor is now 90/120/150/180/210 from 70/100/130/160/190
Effectively, this means that she regenerates 36 less health per minute - but has a 20 point stronger shield - so two full shields will recoup the effect rather than the FIVE previously because I critically failed at math.
Again, thanks for the feedback - hopefully we can get this pattern to a good spot."
- Barrel Roll ( Q ) AP ratio down to .8 from .9
- Explosive Cask ( R ) AP ratio down to .9 from 1
- Explosive Cask (R) damage lowered to 150/300/450 from 200/325/450
[ Reminder: Kassadin's W was reworked and he received heavy balance changes in earlier PBE patches. ]
- Force Pulse ( E ) damage increased to 115/150/185/220 from 110/140/170/200
- [ Context: This is a buff to a nerf from the 1/15 update. Still lower than the live value of 80/130/180/230/280]
- Rift Walk ( R ) cooldown lowered to 7/5/3 from 7/5.5/4
- [ Context: Buff to previous PBE change from the 1/15 update , lower than live value of 7/6/5 ]
- Base health regen per second lowered to .2 from 1.1 ( 1 hp5 from 5.5 hp5 )
- [ XYPHEROUS HAS CONFIRMED THERE WAS AN ERROR AND THE VALUE WAS REDUCED TOO MUCH. He commented it going up to 2.5 base HP5 from 5.5 HP5 - see above for more info]
- Valor ( E ) shield amount increased to 80/110/140/170/200 from 70/100/130/160/190
[ Remember, Xerath was reworked in the 1/15 PBE patch. See this post for more info and intial numbers, which these will be relative to. ]
- Locus of Destruction ( W ) slow for enemies in center of the blast increased to 60/65/70/75/80 from 40/45/50/55/60.
- Locus of Destruction ( W ) now lists slow duration at 2.5 seconds.
- Ascension ( R ) base damage lowered to 130/170/210 from 140/190/240
- Ascension ( R ) duration increased to 10 seconds from 6 seconds.
- Ascension ( R ) extra damage to single champion hit lowered to 50% from 75%
- Butcher lowered to 15% bonus damage from 20% bonus damage
- Health increased to 400 from 350
- Attack damage increased to 35 from 30
- Butcher lowered to 20% bonus damage from 30% bonus damage.
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Catch up with the links below or check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the balance changes currently in this PBE cycle!