The PBE has been updated! We have a new voidling spawning Void Gate item, a texture rebalance for Malzahar and all of his skins, a new loading screen for LotPK, and several tentative balance changes!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
New Item - Void Gate
As briefly mentioned when the preseason itemization changes started a few months ago, a new voidling spawning VOID GATE item has been added to the game!
The new item has a total cost of 2630 gold and builds out of Raptor's Cloak + Negatron cloak + 780g and has the following stats:
+50 Magic Resist
+100% Base Health Regen
UNIQUE Passive - Point Runner: Builds up to +30% Movement Speed over 2 seconds while near turrets or void gates
UNIQUE Active: Spawns a gate at target location for 150 seconds (150 second cooldown, can't be placed near turrets). Every 4 seconds the gate spawns a volatile voidling that travels down the nearest lane. These voidlings explode when attacking structures and will ignore champions.
Voidlings and Void Gates get stronger based on champion level."
While it is not noted in the item description, these voidlings will grant you gold if they kill a minion.
*NOTE*: Void Gate is currently BUGGED in this PBE build and has no cooldown instead of the 150 second cooldown... which leads to some pretty interesting situations. Check out a video here.
Malzahar Texture RebalanceJoining Shen, Malphite, Xin Zhao, and Wukong from an earlier patch, Malzahar has received a texture rebalance - updates to his textures aimed at bringing him closer to today's art style. Remember, these do NOT replace future visual updates!
Shadow Prince Malzahar
and here's a video comparison for each of his updated skins.
Legend of the Poro KingLegend of the Poro King is now available for testing in custom games and has it's own unique loading screen background!
Loading Screen AssetsTo better match the new team colors, the loading screen frames for Summoner's Rift have been updated to red vs blue instead of purple vs blue.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Twin Fang (E) increased poison damage buff reduced to 20% from 25%
- [Context: Remember that Cassiopeia has several changes currently testing on the PBE, one of which is her E applying a debuff to enemies that increases poison damage taken.]
- Sentinel (W) minimum damage to minions now 75-125/100-150/125-175/150-200/175-225 based on missing health from 100/125/150/175/200
- Rend (E) several changes:
- Tooltip has been changed up a bit - instead of % damage increase per spear, it now displays the actual number the damage is increased by.
- Now restores 20 mana ( up to twice per cast ) if Rend kills target.
- Damage increase per extra spear increased to 10/14/19/25/32 (.2/.225/.25/.275/.3 AD) from 5/9/14/20/27 (.15/.18/.21/.24/.27 AD)
- Base attack speed lowered to 0.644 from 0.679
- Fury of the Xer'Sai (Passive) tooltip now reads "While Rek'Sai is un-burrowed, Basic attacks and spells generate fury" instead of "Dealing damage while un-burrowed generates fury"
- Fury of the Xer'Sai (Passive) tooltip now reads "Rek'Sai's next attack or ability that generates fury will grant 15 bonus fury" from "Rek'Sai's next attack that generates fury will grant 15 bonus fury"
- [Context: I believe these are just tool tip updates]
- Void Rush (R) cooldown reduced to 150/110/80 from 180/150/120
- Base Health increased to 600 from 599.6
- Base mana increased to 400 from 287.2
- Flail of the Northern Winds (W) mana cost reduced to 40/35/30/25/20 from 40 at all ranks
- [Context: Remember that Sejuani received significant changes to her Q/W/E in an earlier patch]
- Astral Infusion (W) the AP ratio of the passive effect that heals Soraka when she lands a Starcall on an enemy champion has been increased.
- Minimum AP ratio increased to .4 from .3
- Maximum AP ratio increased to .8 from .6
- [Context: Remember, Soraka has recevied base regen nerfs in an earlier patch this cycle. Current live values are .2 AP min and .4 AP max.]
- Infinite Duress (R) damage lowered to 150/250/350 from 200/275/350
- Infinite Duress (R) lifesteal during duration reverted back to 30% from 35%
- [Context: Both of these are follow up changes to changes in an earlier PBE patch. His current R damage on live is 250/335/420.]
Damage reverted back to dealing 40 damage on hit from 25.
- [Note: Seems to still be doing 25 on hit in-game despite the tool tip change. Hold off on this one.]
- Now grants "Unique Passive - Weapon Specialist: +10% physical damage to champions"
- No longer grants 10 armor penetration.
- See above for more information!
- Now lists that it can hold two charges and regains a charge every 60 seconds.
- [NOTE: NO IN-GAME CHANGE YET, ONLY TOOL TIP ]
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the new content in this PBE cycle or catch up with the links below !
- 11/19 PBE Update: Blood Moon Thresh, Poro Rider Sejuani, Winter Wonder Orianna, Snow Day Malzahar, Blood Moon Elise, New Summoner icons, SR music, and more!
- 11/21 PBE Update: Winter Wonder Orianna, Texture REbalances for Malphite, Shen, Wukong, and Xin Zhao
- 11/24 PBE Update: Legend of the Poro King featured game mode, Blood Moon Elise color changes, and more!
- 11/25 PBE Update: Rek'Sai, Eternum Rek'Sai, Three Poro Wards, and more
- 12/1 PBE Update: Baron's Holiday Hat, RS CS Quote, and lots of balance changes