The PBE has been updated! Today's patch includes the new "Legend of the Poro King" featured gameplay mode, color changes for Blood Moon Elise, and much more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents:
L4T3NCY with information on "Legend of the Poro King":
"This year’s Snowdown brings with it our next featured game mode… and a legend. The “Legend of the Poro King”. We’ve dramatically changed what fights on the Howling Abyss will look like, so let’s get straight into the rules:
Played on the Howling Abyss, Legend of the Poro King is a 5v5 Blind Draft game mode, where your goal is still to destroy the enemy team’s nexus. However, you’ll have some Poro companions with you (to throw at each other of course), be diving deep to make #bigplays and work together to summon some help from the legendary Poro King himself.
New summoner spells
When playing the Legend of the Poro King, your regular summoner spells are replaced with two new ones, made just for the mode:
1) Poro Toss / Poro Dash:
Throw a Poro a long distance, dealing true damage to the first enemy unit hit. This ability can be recast for 3 seconds after it hits an enemy to cast Poro Dash, which will dash your champion to the target hit. Dashing to the target will reduce the cooldown of Poro Toss by 5 seconds.
2) To the King!:
Passive: Hitting an enemy champion with a Poro gives your team a Poro Mark. Upon reaching 10 Poro Marks, your team summons the Poro King to fight alongside them. While the Poro King is active, no Poro Marks can be scored by either team.
Active: Quickly dash to the Poro King’s side. Can only be cast when the Poro King is summoned for your team.
The Poro King
The Poro King is benevolent and will aid whichever team has summoned him. He can be dispelled, but only to return again when enough favour has been curried with him. As a tanky siege minion, he brings an impressive power boost to whichever team he’s aiding.
His powers include:
-- Tanky siege minion with a LOT of health. Let him be your front line!
-- The Poro King absorbs all Poros within his range being thrown by the enemy team, making him a powerful pushing force.
-- The Poro King will heal nearby allied champions every 5 seconds for health and a smaller amount of mana based on the team’s average level.
-- Every 5 seconds, the Poro King will lob out Poros in an arc around him, dealing magic damage to enemies where they land.
-- Play flow art placeholder. Coming soon.
-- Loading screen art placeholder. Coming soon.
-- Some VO still missing from the poros.
Also, for fans wondering where Showdown is this year, never fear. We’re looking to make some tweaks to that one and hopefully bring it back at some point as a smoother experience than it was the first time around. We wanted to try something new and light-hearted this year and can’t wait to see what you guys can pull off with the Poro King. Your collective mechanics are waaaaay better than anything we can manage in our playtests, so we’re looking forward to it. The dives.. oh the dives...
See you guys on the Abyss. o^_^O"
The super start of the new game mode is the giant Poro King!
Normal Poros ( no icon )
Shadow Isles poro
Astronaut and Battlecast Poro
Dragon Slayer Poro
Interested in watching a game of Legends of the Poro King? Check out this VOD from Woops' stream or SkinSpotlight's automated spectator stream!
Here's complete and up to date set of screen shots:
Team Builder UpdateHere's Riot Blackrook with info on a few Team Builder updates in this PBE cycle:
Today we're excited to show you a few quality of life changes we have planned for the Team Builder experience. While most of our efforts recently have been behind the scenes (like addressing queue times and matchmaking improvements) this patch we have two changes improving the usability of the system.
- Your last played spec (Champion, Position, and Role) now auto-populates when you start a new Team Builder match. This information is also saved across multiple play sessions.
- Both Captains and their premade Buddies can now change their spec all the way up until the group is actually searching for Solos. (Previously, all selections would be locked in as soon as the Captain started speccing Solo slots.)"
Battlecast Poro, Gentleman Poro, Shadow Isles poro, Dragon Slayer Poro, Astronaut Poro
The turret inventory items that denote their special abilities "Vanguard" and "Lightning Rod" have received updated icons!
- Terrify (Q) tooltip now lists that it applies Dread (passive).
- [Context: Fiddlesticks' passive was changed from an aura to applying on attacks and spells during an earlier update. ]
- Electrical Surge (W) active tooltip now also includes " Sends a surge of electricity through all nearby targets afflicted by Mark of the Storm or caught in Slicing Maelstrom,"
- Slicing Maelstrom (R) - tooltip has been expanded and a few things have been changed.
- Time between strikes strikes now .25 from .5/.4/.33
- Time between strikes on same target now .5 from .5/.4/.33
- [Context: Going to just say now that I'm not 100% on if I have sussed out all the changes for Kennen's R here. His old tooltip is very minimal and there are so many parts the file is a bit hard to read. I did my best with info from the new tooltip and the old expanded tool tip here.]
- [Note: The duration listed in the tool tip goes 6/10/15 but the actual spell does not last near that long. Ult duration is unchanged and this is a typo.]
- Now builds out of the newly readded Negatron cloak + Blasting Wand instead of 2x Null Magic Mantles + Blasting Wand
- Magic damage on hit lowered to 25 from 40
- Unique Passive: Spoils of War 's Execute range increased to 400 from 200.
Overlord's Bloodmail (TTL / DOM )
- Health restore over 5 seconds on kill or assist increased to 300 from 200
- Challenging Smite tooltip now reads "While Marked, basic attacks deal true damage over 3 seconds..."
- Unique Passive: Spoils of War 's Execute range increased to 240 from 200.
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the new content in this PBE cycle or catch up with the links below !