Just dropping the official Leona art spotlight for anyone who may have missed it.
I absolutely can not wait for Leona! It is a shame she has heels on though; those things look hard to fight in.
Over the last couple of months we’ve been working on an action plan to drastically reduce the amount of service impacting issues affecting our European platform. We’re finally at a point that we can share our plans to bring more stability to Europe.official forums.
Presently, the PvP.net service in Europe is supporting hundreds of thousands summoners playing League of Legends at any given time – orders of magnitude bigger than what a typical massively multiplayer environment supports! And while we’re extremely excited by the enthusiasm and passion that you have all shown for the game, it has presented complications that we have been trying to resolve. Specifically, we want to reduce lengthy login queues at peak hours, eliminate our reliance on New York based overflow servers, and drastically reduce the number of unexpected server outages.
For these reasons, we have been making preparations to split our European service onto two new platforms: EU West and EU Nordic & East. Once this split is complete, your summoner will only be accessible on the platform that you’ve landed on. Each of these platforms will be able to support the same number of players as the current European environment, dramatically increasing our service quality and paving the way for future growth.
That being said, switching over to our new, dual platform setup will be quite the logistical feat. In the coming weeks we will be assigning players to their new platform. We did our best to avoid separating groups of friends, but if you should find yourself unsatisfied with your destination platform, we will be facilitating one free transfer between the two platforms following shortly after the split. In the meantime, we’re putting restrictions in place to improve stability for those already in-game.
If you have a specific question about the split that hasn’t been answered here, please visit our European Platform Split FAQ. After a visit there, if you still find that your question wasn’t answered, please ask us in this thread.
It’s been quite a journey, summoners of Europe, and we’re excited to be able to bring you a service upgrade that should bring about a lasting resolution to your concerns! Thanks for your patience, and thank you for playing League of Legends.
Shurelia, Associate Game Designer, via the official forums.Kayle Update: Hi guys! Regretfully I have somewhat bad news: The Kayle remake has been delayed another patch, we really want to make sure its in tip-top shape before we release it. I feel we owe it to you guys to let you know as soon as we find out something like this happens.
However, I can update some information about the Kayle remake. The new passive is currently a percent armor/mr shred on hit (stacking) that really helps her out against tanks, especially since her itemization route really makes it hard for her to build penetration.
Weaknesses: Kayle's main weakness will be her downtime on her E. Enemies will be able to exploit this weakness early game, while her late game weakness is her squishiness if she is caught out of position. Her other weakness is that at equivalent stat values, she has less singe-target DPS than straight ranged carries (about 10% less than Miss Fortune).
Strengths: Kayle will have exceptional carry power that puts out hybrid-type damage (which is difficult to defend against), in addition to being able to itemize hybrid-items due to her dual-scalings. Hybrid items have a stronger stat:gold value than their pure counterparts. In addition, her reliance on farm has been reduced. Her other strengths include: High amounts of damage synergy-
* Reckoning: Grants percentage bonus damage.
* Righteous Fury: Grants splash and bonus flat magic damage
* Passive: Percentage Shred
as well as the fact that she has very strong supportive abilities/effects while being able to fulfill a ranged carry role.
I've seen Classick crush pretty hard using proc-hit items. = )
I'll continue to visit the 'KayleHotfix' channel in the League of Legends client, and I'll try to address your concerns and questions.
Again I apologize for the wait, we'll make it worth it!
Original Thread: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=882592
When he’s not being summoned to the Fields of Justice, grandmaster Explorer Ezreal is on the lookout for the newest dangerous destination. Where do you think he’ll be next?
In the spirit of exploration, we’d like you to show us where Ezreal has been lately by taking pictures of him around your house, where you play League of Legends, or other unexpected places! Just print and cut out the template below (or draw your own Ezreal if you don’t have a printer!) and show us where you found him. Get creative! For the next three days we’ll be awarding some 4-win IP boosts and 3 Explorer Ezreal skins per day to the submissions we feel best personify Ezreal’s insatiable urge for danger and discovery.
Riot Romulus, Community Assistant, via the official forums.
- Nothing rude, lewd, or inappropriate please! Let’s be reasonable.
- Though you can draw your own Ezreal, you have to take a picture of him out in the “real world.” No photo editing and no drawing scenery!
- Don’t steal anyone else’s pictures. This is YOUR picture.
- Be mindful of what you take pictures of! Personal information can sneak its way into pictures very easily.
Submit your pictures as a reply to this thread for your chance to win!
The results for the Dancing on Air contest are in! Below you'll find a full list of the community members whose submissions were picked.
Grand Prize Winner (Kayle + Your Choice of Kayle Skin)
Relleke : http://youtu.be/BWiqnPIxIdM
4 Win IP Boost Winners
Dangarembga : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHAnOWRZ9uk
Fuqer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X85Sp-tv7E
Tenebraex3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijRw-wNA-Jc
BetongApe : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQEKxlH2-GY
Atresha : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_nxtpH7ig
Spielzeugauto : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR_VhfxAnXU
Yamamoto22 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6e7sO1ss0
Joksas : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAXQ-YCYdsw
Wingash : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suvkz2y4wgQ
Kennykimi : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdRBWPKF1-A
MrSocky13 : http://youtu.be/tpFKPM8vkQM
FatherKong : http://youtu.be/Tm7hDLj-tKs
James Gravy : http://youtu.be/5L1tr0PIx20
Miotas : http://youtu.be/ugfB7UYiGNI
Loxley : http://youtu.be/zlfKdbWwruY
FabulousJeremy : http://youtu.be/TRBLmogRL4c
Waytobenoob : http://youtu.be/SreFIhPeKcw
Gunmist : http://youtu.be/uMlzv9Tr_HM
ApacheTomCat : http://youtu.be/4m1EFMoRFvY
Lgv : http://youtu.be/TRBLmogRL4c
RikezOr : http://youtu.be/zS1cLOIxsQ8
funnyzomby : http://youtu.be/oLnhSH-6HOQ
Eudaemons : http://youtu.be/YgD3OpkChf8
League Of Lux : http://youtu.be/q_RPZcSZWJo
Jiro : http://youtu.be/KQ6zr6kCPj8
Mattarias : http://youtu.be/Nll9Xr7Ks0Y
Magepie : http://youtu.be/IFabjc6mFk4
shufflestomper : http://youtu.be/-Q-nMvBsDCk
Hummin : http://youtu.be/Gn_wGtphizI
RocketSlug : http://youtu.be/Ch7iAWG6RCQ
Nagmolada : http://youtu.be/kdxIAWk7bog
Reepo : http://youtu.be/CE-EyKodD60
ArtifactMind : http://youtu.be/CS9OO0S5w2k
Moobeat : http://youtu.be/4JipHEz53sU
Fangy : http://youtu.be/GHBLQage_AA
We wanted to give you a glimmer of insight into the mechanics of our newest champion, Leona, the Radiant Dawn.official forums.
Leona is a bit special because she’s our answer to a pretty popular fan request; a female tank! I think a good place to start is to answer “what exactly does ‘tank’ mean to us at Riot?”
· Starts and initiates teamfights (usually via CC).
· Soaks up damage.
· May peel dangerous attackers off other vulnerable team mates.
· Presents itself as an attractive target by causing long-term “threat” as the fight continues.
Leona does this by providing a low-cooldown, low-duration, single-target stun with a skillshot gap-closer to start. After she closes the gap to the enemy, she’ll be performing regular single-target stuns that really disrupt the fight or peel off a target from an ally once a fight has begun. Additionally, she has a defensive stance that allows her to soak up punishment pretty effectively and also discharges a wave of sunlight outward that causes significant damage. This mechanic acts as a sort of “soft taunt” that causes her to have some threat when she’s about to unleash a big chunk of damage, and makes her an attractive target.
Finally, her passive, Sunlight, causes all of Leona’s spells to debuff the target, causing the next attack from an ally to do additional damage. This really encourages Leona to mark high-priority targets and let her set up opportunities for her teammates. Her power increases with the length of the fight, a common tank trait (like Singed’s Poison Trail or Amumu’s Despair, for example).
We’re excited to be able to deliver something we’re really proud of to meet our players’ requests and expectations. Keep letting us know what you want – we do take your feedback seriously.
I'm really sorry you feel that way, I can understand people being upset from the changes as they appear to be very thoughtless and un-impactful. I really want to take the time explain the changes and intent behind them which should provide some better context to why those decisions were made, and hopefully that'll help with the perception.
Holy Fervor is a problematic spell from a design standpoint since it grants a player a large amount of selfish, bonus gold. While it may not seem problematic at the surface, this causes the character to have to be intentionally a lot weaker in the early stages of the game and incentivizes hard farm to the point that the character's gold bonus causes them to quickly snowball out of control. We see the same problem with Jax who becomes intentionally weak early with the exception of stacking runes of the free-gold type. Overall we would like to remove these types of passives from the game whenever possible.
Reckoning was an ability intended to help Kayle sustain DPS onto a target, however since the missile speed was incredibly slow, the effect had some trouble kicking in when you really wanted it to. Because of this we increased the missile speed by about 30%, in addition the increased slow amount should help contribute more to "supportive type" players.
This change reflects the direction we would like to take support-type characters in. Our intention is for all support-characters to have dual-type builds based on purchased items. The base values of Divine Blessing increasing, will greatly help supportive characters (who want to not compete for farm with their teammates), and lowering the AP ratios in compensation enables support-types to purchase more team-centric items (which we intend on introducing more of).
The increase in mana cost also creates a heavier attrition state in the early game, meaning that player cannot simply spam to stay in lane. Doing so should run the player out of mana which forces them back. (We have the same intent towards all other types of this as well). So while this IS a nerf for offensive type characters support power, we are compensating with reduced costs to their offensive types abilities, which we DO want people to spam. Since supportive-types can also itemize regen heavily, this will be less detrimental to them. I can write a whole article on this so I'll leave it at that for now.
The movement speed was also changed to a long duration MS buff to a burst MS buff, which feels a lot more clutch in a defensive sense and is much stronger for engaging a fight as well.
The cooldown was reduced drastically on this spell to help with its total uptime. This will really help Kayle in the early laning phase. In addition, the mana cost was also reduced so you should never feel bad about using it!
The intent of the spell is for Kayle to be much more powerful than a standard carry (early) in combat power with the spell active in addition to using Reckoning, but weaker without it. The counter-gameplay is to try to bait the Kayle's Righteous Fury.
With the cooldown reductions and 40% CDR (Which is core.) The spell should have 100% uptime, which will greatly contribute to teamfights.
The damage was also increased and the range, to really give it that "ranged carry power" that it deserves.
She still benefits from hybrid items here, since she gains damage from both AP/AD and hybrid items have superior gold efficiency due to the odd stat combinations. (not to mention more damage on your Qs)
No changes here, with the exception of a possible mana cost reduction. The spell should function as a team utility-saver for support-types, and a Tryndamere-esque ulti for attacker-types.
Currently Kayle's new passive gives her a rageblade style armor/magic pen buff. This should greatly help out Kayle since its difficult for her to itemize penetration with her optimized build paths for hybrid items. In addition, for a supportive twist, anytime she casts a spell on an ally she "throws" the buff onto them as well, temporarily granting her targeted ally her passive.
This is of course still in testing, so the numbers and exact mechanics aren't set into stone.
I hope this helps with understanding, and I really encourage you guys to continue to be critical of our changes. Overall it leads to a more fun game for everyone. = )"
the official forums."Not limited. Sorry for the confusion."
"Riot’s mission is to be the most player-focused company in the world. League of Legends has grown from an idea to a worldwide phenomenon at a pace that’s both thrilling and humbling. Our player base is now several million strong and spans over a dozen countries. Unfortunately, this has garnered us some extra attention from cyber bullies. Some of which has been detrimental to your gaming experience.
You’ve probably heard rumors of the DDoS attacks that we’ve been experiencing. Unfortunately, these rumors have been a reality, and are a big part of why our service has been suffering. We’ve been working around the clock to maintain stability, but the malicious nature of our internet assailants have made that difficult.
In any case, we understand that the service that we’ve been providing you has been unacceptable and we will not rest until we provide the phenomenal service that you all deserve. So to thank you for your patience during this period, we’re happy to provide the following:
- 550 RP to every summoner who has logged in between 12:00 a.m. CEST on June 1st, 2011 and 11:59 p.m. CEST on June 23rd, 2011
- Leaver amnesty from games going back to June 1st. Many disconnections weren’t your fault, and we don’t want unintended leaves to reflect negatively on you.
We know that the best form of compensation we could provide you with is consistently stable access to League of Legends, but as we strive to make that a reality, we want to give you this as a token of our appreciation for your patience and support. Also know that a long-term fix to these stability issues is on the horizon, and we’ll have more information regarding these coming changes in the near term.
In the meantime, thank you for your support, your passion, and your patience.
Edit: We will begin distributing the 550 RP on June 24th and we currently anticipate all RP to be distributed by July 1st."
"Things we're looking at: This means we may do one, some, all, or none of these. These are just current possibilities.Phreak, Community Coordinator, via the official forums.
Ghoul durability vs AoE specifically
Ultimate duration / durability (considering removing the -10% per sec portion of it)
Damage output of various abilities "
|Click to Listen or Right Click and Save As to download.|
"Yes, this is planned."
- Udyr, Associate Producer, via the official forums.
League of Legends will be updated during scheduled maintenance on 6/22 from 1:30AM until 8AM
League of Legends v220.127.116.11
Yorick, the Gravedigger
- Omen of War: Yorick’s next attack will deal bonus physical damage and summon a Spectral Ghoul that deals additional damage and moves faster than Yorick’s other ghouls. While the Spectral Ghoul is alive, Yorick moves faster as well.
- Omen of Pestilence: Yorick summons a Decaying Ghoul that arrives with a violent explosion, dealing damage and slowing nearby enemies. While the Decaying Ghoul remains alive, nearby enemies continue to be slowed.
- Omen of Famine: Yorick steals life from his target and summons a Ravenous Ghoul that heals Yorick for the damage it deals.
- Omen of Death (Ultimate): Yorick conjures a revenant in the image of one of his allies. If his ally dies while its revenant is alive, the revenant sacrifices itself to reanimate them and give them time to enact vengeance.
- Unholy Covenant (Passive): Yorick’s attacks deal more damage for each summon that is active. Meanwhile, Yorick’s ghouls deal some percent of Yorick’s Attack Damage and have some percent of his total health.
- Fixed a bug where Molten Shield wouldn't trigger if the damage was shielded
- When Blitzcrank grabs a champion with Rocket Grab, he will now attempt to attack them as well
- Feast will now correctly show a particle on an enemy target when they can be killed by it
- Hate Spike missile speed increased
- Shadow Walk now applies a 3 second 30/35/40/45/50% slow instead of a stun
- Malice and Spite
- Passive heal reduced to 150/225/300 from 350/500/650
- Attack speed bonus reduced to 25/50/75% from 50/75/100%
- Range increased to 475 to 450
- Heal is no longer reduced if the damage is shielded
- Dark Wind damage increased to 65/90/115/140/165 from 65/85/105/125/145
- Ability power ratio increased to .45 from .4
- Channel duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2
- Idol of Durand will now correctly increase its damage when the damage taken is shielded
- Grog-Soaked Blade
- No longer reduces healing and regeneration, but now slows movement speed by 7%
- Now stacks up to 5 times, but duration reduced to 3 seconds from 10
- Damage changed to 4-21 from 5-19
- Fixed a bug where Parrrley could sometimes restore gold to other players
- Now applies Grog-Soaked Blade
- Raise Morale duration increased to 7 from 6
- Cannon Barrage damage increased to 75/120/165 from 65/110/155
- Fixed a bug where Recuperate could sometimes activate immediately after taking damage
- Now marks Garen as being in combat even if the damage is shielded
- Now shows the particle on Garen even if at 100% health
- Fixed a bug where his turrets would not assist him if damage from an enemy champion was shielded
- H-28G Evolution Turret mana cost reduced to 70/80/90/100/110 from 120/125/130/135/140
- Transcendent Blades
- Now heals Irelia based on the actual damage dealt (instead of a % of the raw damage dealt), but the heal is not reduced if the damage is shielded
- Heal versus Champions increased to 25% from 20%
- Tailwind now deactivates while dead
- Demacian Standard
- Armor reduced to 10/13/16/19/22 from 10/14/18/22/26
- Attack speed reduced to 10/13/16/19/22% from 10/14/18/22/26%
- Martial Cadence damage reduced to 8% from 10%
- Leap Strike attack damage ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1
- Fixed a bug where Leblanc's clone would be permanently disabled if disabled when it spawns
- Nether Blade
- Passive mana restore increased at earlier ranks to 8/11/14/17/20 from 4/8/12/16/20
- Active changed to 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.15 ability power) bonus magic damage dealt on hit instead of 7/15/25/38/50 armor penetration
- Null Zone
- Damage reduced to 4/5/6/7/8% from 5/6/7/8/9%
- Ability power ratio reduced to 1% per 100 ability power from 1% per 80 ability power
- Cooldown reduced to 14 seconds from 16
- Nether Grasp's ability power ratio reduced to 1.3 from 1.5
- Damage that is absorbed by a shield now properly removes Strut
- Iron Man's shield generation is no longer reduced if the damage done is shielded
- Fixed a bug where Children of the Grave could steal enemy passive abilities permanently
- Black Shield magic damage absorbed adjusted to 95/160/225/290/355 from 100/150/200/250/300
- Javelin Toss and Bushwhack will no longer target the wrong location when cast immediately after transforming back to human form
- Consume damage reduced at earlier ranks to 400/525/650/775/900 from 500/600/700/800/900
- Ice Blast slow reduced at earlier ranks to 20/30/40/50/60% from 40/45/50/55/60%
- Clockwork Windup
- Fixed a display error on the tooltip.
- Fixed a bug which was causing Clockwork Windup to add less damage than intended
- Fixed a bug with Command: Protect that was causing the shield particle to not display
- Fixed several interactions with clones or unusual movement types
- When Poppy Heroic charges a champion, she will now attempt to attack the target immediately afterward
- Fixed a bug where Defensive Ball Curl had an ability power ratio
- Cull the Meek's heal is no longer reduced if the damage is shielded
- Fixed a bug where damage absorbed by a shield wouldn't mark Renekton as in combat
- The Equalizer
- Burning damage reduced to 100/140/180 from 120/160/200
- Burning damage ability power ratio reduced to .2 from .25
- Cooldown increased to 105/90/75 from 90/75/60
- Hallucinate clone now correctly benefits from critical strikes
- Fixed the dance animation to loop properly
- Cannibalism is no longer reduced if the damage is shielded
- Fixed a bug where shields and Ignite could sometimes cause her spell sounds to get cut off early
- Ravenous Flock now heals Swain for 50% of the actual damage he deals (instead of 50% of the raw damage he deals), but the heal is not reduced if the damage is shielded
- Move Quick is now removed even if the damage is shielded
- Fixed a bug where Rocket Jump's cooldown reset could fail if Tristana's damage output was fully absorbed by a shield
- Fixed a bug where Undying Rage improperly showed "Endless Rage!" to represent damage being prevented
- Blue Card mana restore is no longer reduced if the damage is shielded
- Loaded Dice now deactivates while Twisted Fate is dead
- Fixed a bug with Gate where activating Zhonya's Hourglass during the channel time would not interrupt it
- Mana cost of shifting decreased to 55/50/45/40/35 from 75/65/55/45/35
- Turtle Stance now heals Udyr based upon the actual damage dealt (instead of the raw damage dealt), but the heal is not reduced if the damage is shielded
- Phoenix stance's activation damage increased to 15/25/35/45/55 from 10/18/26/34/42
- Fixed a bug with Terror Capacitor where when attacking a champion, it was slowing for less than the tooltip stated
- Fixed a bug with Terror Capacitor where when using Acid Hunter with Terror Capacitor, it was slowing based upon Acid Hunter's rank rather than Terror Capacitor (but for the correct 20/25/30/35/40%)
- Silver-Tipped Bolts will no longer interact with spell shields
- Tumble bonus damage reduced to 40/45/50/55/60% from 55/60/65/70/75%
- Final Hour
- Movement speed bonus now triples instead of quadruples
- Attack damage reduced to 25/40/55 from 35/55/75
- Condemn damage reduced to 45/80/115/150/185 from 50/90/130/170/210
- Cooldown adjusted to 12/10/8/6/4 from 12/10/8/6/3
- Damage adjusted to 90/125/160/195/230 from 70/115/160/205/250
- Hungering Strike's heal is no longer reduced if the damage is shielded
- Crescent Sweep
- Percent health damage reduced to 15% from 20%
- Bonus armor and magic resist per champion hit reduced to 5/8/11 from 7/10/13
- Boots of Mobility will now mark you in combat for receiving/dealing any damage, even if it is shielded
- Fixed a bug where Spirit Visage was granting too much bonus regeneration
- Philosopher's Stone health regen per 5 reduced to 18 from 22.5 and mana regen per 5 reduced to 8 from 10
- Eleisa's Miracle cost increased to 500 from 400
- Quicksilver Sash cooldown decreased to 90 from 105
- Hextech Revolver spell vamp reduced to 15% from 20%
- The gold per 10 component of Philosopher's Stone, Heart of Gold, Kage's Lucky Pick, and Avarice Blade is now unique to itself
- Fixed a bug where minions were playing their particles multiple times when attacking
- Updated tooltips for many Champions
- Lifesteal and spell vamp are no longer reduced if the damage done is shielded
- Healing reductions now reduce lifesteal and spell vamp
- Spirit Visage now increases your lifesteal and spell vamp
- Maximum gold for killing a player on a long kill streak reduced to 500 gold from 1000
- Minimum gold for killing a player on a long death streak reduced to 15 gold from 90 gold
- Gold rewards for kills where the target is on a 3 kill or 3 death streak or less should give comparable amounts or even more gold than before
- Experience granted for kills is now determined by the dying champion's level. Killing champions higher level than you will now grant more experience while killing champions lower level than you will now grant less experience. Killing equal level champions is unaffected
- Wards and spawned minions that don't attack are no longer targetable/manipulated by spells (except Summoner Teleport). This means, for example, that wards will no longer be able to block Rammus' Powerball, Mushrooms will not block skillshots, and Jax is no longer able to Leapstrike onto a ward