This morning's red post collection includes a preseason spotlight for Rengar, League Client Update Alpha sign ups closing as Open Beta nears, Legend of the Poro King live this weekend in the RGMQ and more!
- Red Post Collection: LeBlanc preseason spotlight, Meddler on Shen/Azir/Kalista, Founding Interns Of League, & more!
- 11/4 PBE Update: All-Star 2016 Summoner Icon and WV Twitch Vintage Loading Screen
- Elementalist Lux Teaser
Table of Contents
- Rengar Preseason Spotlight | Gameplay - League of Legends
- [LCU] Thank You, Alpha Testers! Sign-Ups Now Closed
- RGMQ - Legend of the Poro King + Updated Schedule
- Best. Worlds. Ever. | /ALL Chat
- Quick Hits - Tryndamere on Cinematics & Rengar
Rengar Preseason Spotlight | Gameplay - League of LegendsWith his assassin class update coming in 6.22, check out the preseason spotlight for Rengar!
"Rengar's a knifecat that haunts the dreams of squishies everywhere and this preseason he’s getting more tools for the hunt (while giving his opponents more space to react)."Preseason Spotlights:
6.22 / Preseason PBE Cycle coverage.
[LCU] Thank You, Alpha Testers! Sign-Ups Now ClosedIn preparation for the open beta of the League Client Update open beta, the live LCU Alpha signups are now closed. Here's Cactopus with the scoop, as well as mentioning that all users who were signed up for the LCU Alpha will be getting access for the short remainder of the alpha.
"When we kicked off the client update alpha earlier this year, all we had was ARAM, blind pick, and a firm belief that players, as voluntary testers, could make the client better. We were right.
Throughout the alpha, our testers tanked some pretty crazy bugs for us. At one point, the client could actually install a patch while you were in the middle of champ select. On Mac, there was a bug that allowed you to drag the client right off the screen, and never get it back. Being an alpha tester is like walking around in an active construction zone. You need a hard hat.
But our testers have persisted. In a span of six months, we received over 150,000 feedback submissions (in 22 languages!) from players around the world. In turn, we've fixed bugs and tweaked our designs to address testers' concerns.
Player feedback was at the core of all our discussions—we got pretty good at understanding each other about the things we have to prioritize now (like making all the AIR client's features work in the updated client) and the much-requested things we have to look into later (like a separate page in the client where you could view all your owned skins).
Now we're finally ready for the next phase: open beta. In preparation, we’ve turned off alpha signups and granted access to *everyone* who has already signed up. For anyone who hasn't applied, you'll still have a chance to try out the client very soon, when we kick off the open beta."When asked about folks who already signed up getting LCU Alpha access, Cactopus noted:
"We're working right now to approve every player who signed up for the alpha (before signups closed, obviously). I'm seeing some players saying that they applied but still can't get in—it may take 24 hours.
If you applied, you'll receive an email notification with instructions.
If you missed signups for the alpha, it's all good baby. Open beta is starting sooner than you think winkyface.jpg"He continued, reiterating that open beta is right around the corner:
" open beta is coming in a matter of weeks and everyone will get in"
cCc Grumbles cCc added:
"If you have signed up for the alpha and haven't gottten access yet, you will have the chance to experience it before it's over. The alpha hasn't ended yet just the signups have. Once beta begins everyone will be able to upgrade without needing to sign up."cCc Grumbles cCc also noted it may take a while for access to be applied:
I was signed up for the alpha but didn't get acess yet, when should I expect to be granted acess?Yes. Anyone who has signed up but didn't get access yet should be getting access sometime in the next 24 hrs."
[UPDATE] On the timing of the invites, Cactopus noted it could take another day or two to get Alpha LCU access out to all who applied:
"It's taking longer than we thought to verify a lot of the accounts. I was passing people's info along manually but instead I've just gotta say to hang on for now. Don't spaz if you applied and haven't received your email invite. There are just some delays in the entitlement process. And, regardless, The open beta is coming either way within a matter of weeks."
 "You're correct except if people applied they're still gonna get in. There's just been a problem with the process and it could take another day or two."
More on the LCU Alpha can be found here!
To catch you up to speed, here's a gallery showing off the PBE Client Alpha as of the 6.22 PBE Cycle:
RGMQ - Legend of the Poro King + Updated ScheduleWhile the Doom Bots may have retired to their hellish home, Legend of the Poro King is back in the rotating game mode queue for the weekend! One for All has also been added to the RGMQ schedule.
"From the original clone-tastic One For All to the frenetic manatee magic of Ultra Rapid Fire, featured game modes provide unique spins on the classic League formula. It’s time to kick off the next game mode in the rotation: Legend of the Poro King is now live!
As a refresher on the mode, let’s go over the basics:
- When you jump into a match, you’ll be joined by two poro pals in your quest to call forth and aid the majestic Poro King
- The Poro King is a mega-classy super minion that heals your team, regenerates mana, and deals AoE damage while handing out royal beatdowns to enemy towers
- The King will serve as a sieging dynamo for you until he is killed by the enemy team in a regicide most foul
- Activate Poro Toss once to toss your teeny poro pal across the map, if the lil fella hits a target, you can reactivate Poro Toss to Poro Dash, which will send you soaring towards an unlucky enemy
- Land 10 Poro Tosses as a team and the Poro King himself will plop down to begin his royal wreckery
- Once you or your team has summoned the Poro King, activate To The King! To transform into one of the king’s loyal (fluffy) subjects and fly to his side
Don’t forget you can ping the King to coordinate sieges with him or assaults on his royal person. Just as in any rotating queue game mode, we’ve specially tuned Champion Mastery so you can earn points in the mode. You’ll also be able to earn keys for your wins and loot chests for your (or your premade’s) S-, S, and S+ games.
Legend of the Poro King is now available and lasts through the evening on Monday (we’ll shut it down very early Tuesday morning--usually between 1:00 AM and 3:00 AM).
We’ll be trying out different things with the rotating game mode queue over the next few months, changing the mode cadence or what modes are available. We’re looking for your feedback as we go, so let us know. GLHF, and we’ll see you on the snowy battlefield of Legend of the Poro King!"
Best. Worlds. Ever. | /ALL ChatNext we have an /ALL CHAT music video straight from the 2016 World Championship!
"/ALL Chat -- Every MONDAY and FRIDAY!
Where were you when they played Silver Scrapes for ten thousand people inside the Staples Center? The entire cast of All Chat (five hosts!) reunites and delivers all of the feels, color, and energy of the Finals in 178 seconds. Along the way, they run into Faker, Zedd, and the world’s greatest cosplayers!"
Quick Hits - Tryndamere on Cinematics & Rengar[Quick hits is our own mini news collection inside a red post collection, often including shorter or easy to digest stories and repeat information you may have missed in other posts! ]
- Tryndamere dropped by Reddit to reply to a user asking for a new cinematic, similar to A New Dawn - his lone comment was an ominous "Your wish is our command".
- With the Rengar assassin update headed out in 6.22, Riot Repertoir has posted a lengthy response on reddit sharing thoughts on the update, community feedback, and more. - [link via reddit]
To round out tonight's red post collection, here are a few reminders on current promotions or limited time events!
- The last day of the 2016 ranked season is NOVEMBER 7th! For more on the end of season and an FAQ, check out Ranked Rewards: The Unabridged Version! Countdown here.
- 2016 All-Star Voting is open through November 7th! Vote for who you want to see represent each region at the international all-star event in early December and score a free summoner icon.