With the 2016 World Championship starting up later this week, Championship Zed, the Championship Riven 2016, 2016 CS Ward, summoner icons, legacy content, and more are now available for purchase!
Table of Contents
- Release Announcement
- Championship Zed
- Championship Riven 2016
- Championship Ward Skin
- Returning Championship skins
- Returning Legacy skins
- New Summoner Icons and Temporary Emotes & Recalls
Release AnnouncementFrom the release announcement - "Worlds 2016 Hits the Rift":
"The 2016 World Championship is upon us, and we’re going bigger and better than ever on the Rift in celebration.
Have you been missing the spammy goodness of team emotes on broadcast? We made them even cooler! Want a new Championship skin? We’ve got just the ninja for you. Been waiting for us to bring back Championship Riven at long last? How about TWO RIVENS? Check out all the ways you can get into the World Championship spirit down below:
WHO’S THAT NINJA?
You’ve been waiting for a mid laner and he’s finally here! The fifth addition to the Championship lineup is Zed, the Master of Shadows. He’s hitting the store for 975 RP from September 26 through November 6 along with the rest of the esports legacy skins. 25% of sales from Championship Zed and the Championship Ward will contribute to the Worlds prize pool as part of our work to open new esports revenue streams.
We aim to put Championship skins on champions who are esports resonant in the past and present. With the five year anniversary of the skin line, we wanted to lean into something a bit more on the historic to match Riven’s impact on esports. We feel Zed is a champion who will remain esports resonant for a long time, even if his competitive popularity has currently dipped. Aside from esports resonance, we consider a lot of other factors as well, like fitting the skin theme and making sure a champion doesn’t get two skins at once.
Our skins are also many months in the making so it’s usually not possible to make an esports skin for current flavors of the month or latest metas with that fast of a turnaround. All this being said, we’re always assessing what champions could be good fits for upcoming esports skins and some of the top picks in competitive are being considered for Challenger.
Speaking of Championship skins, we’ve got five of them now! Just like we mentioned a while ago, that means we’ll be bringing back Championship Riven for the first time since 2012. In celebration of her relaunch and the completion of the Championship team comp, she’s getting a visual update to bring her up to par with our newer skins.
Even though we’re excited about bringing Riven back, we want to make sure that players who have owned her for all these years get something special to show that off. With that in mind, all players who currently own Championship Riven will get a special edition legacy Riven and a vintage loading screen border.
TEAM ICONS AND EMOTES
We loved how much excitement the team emotes stirred up for pros and players alike last year, so we wanted to make them feel like a more integral part of Worlds 2016. You’ll still be able to purchase team icons that come with a free temporary emote for 250 RP with 30% of the revenue going directly to the teams, but we’re adding a Hextech Crafting game on top of that. Let’s break down exactly how you can participate:
You’ll be able to purchase one Championship Jewels Token for 150 IP per game day (15 total), so make sure to check out the schedule here. Championship Jewels Tokens will contain Championship Jewels you can use to upgrade your team icon and emote to tier 2 - you’ll need 5 out of 15 tokens to get there!
How about another level up? To reach tier 3 and unlock these brand new team recalls you’ll need another 6 tokens (for a total of 11/15 available). Here’s a quick infographic guide to crafting your Worlds team icons and emotes, and make sure to check out the FAQ at the bottom for a little more information!
- Team icons come with a temporary emote to use during Worlds and can be upgraded with Championship Jewels through Hextech Crafting.
- Purchase Championship Jewel tokens for 150 IP on broadcast days. You can only receive one token per broadcast day. Check lolesports.com for the game day schedule! (Awards 2 Jewels)
- All purchased Hextech Chests come with regular Hextech drops and bonus Championship Jewels to upgrade faster. (Awards 3 Jewels)
Any Hextech Chests purchased during Worlds (Championship Chests during Worlds season) will contain all the shards and materials you’re used to but will also come with bonus Championship Jewels if you’re looking to get to tier 3 faster. Bundles of ten chests will get you enough Jewels for tier 3 and a free Championship Ward as well. Players who aren’t looking to spend RP will be able to get the 2016 Worlds icon and upgrade it to tier 2 with the same jewels, though the Worlds icon won’t have an emote or recall.
Crafting materials will expire at 23:59 PST on November 6 along with the team emotes, recalls, and leftover PROJECT crafting materials as well."
Continuing the on-broadcast Mystery Gifting bonuses that you’ve seen in our past international esports events, Pentakills and Baron steals that happen during Worlds matches will trigger bonuses on Mystery Gifts. Just like with past events, each stage of the competition will be able to trigger up to 4x bonus legendary and esports skins before it resets - check out the dates below:
If a trigger happens on the last day of a stage, it will be active for the following 24 hours to make sure you don’t miss out!
- Sept 29 - Oct 2, 23:59 PST
- Oct 6 - 9, 23:59 PST
- Oct 13 - 16, 23:59 PST
- Oct 21 - 22, 23:59 PST
- October 29, 23:59 PST
We’re bringing the spirit of Worlds back onto the rift, with even more map customizations than last year. The Championship map accents will be live from September 26 through November 6 at 23:59 PST.
BUNDLES AND LEGACY SKINS
Just like every Worlds, all your favorite esports skins will return to the store individually and in bundles. Since the 2015 SKT Championship skins were just released, they will not yet be included in sales. Bundles will be:
30% off Championship Skins
3996 RP or 7211 RP (if you need the champions)
- RIVEN (REGULAR PRICE - 975 RP)
- THRESH (30% OFF)
- SHYVANA (30% OFF)
- KALISTA (30% OFF)
- ZED (REGULAR PRICE - 975 RP)
30% off Championship Team Skins
- FNC 2625 RP OR 5309 RP (if you need the champions)
- TPA 2625 RP OR 5001 RP (if you need the champions)
- SKT 2013 3073 RP OR 6078 RP (if you need the champions)
- SSW 2940 RP OR 5656 RP (if you need the champions)
30% off Challenger Skins
1365 RP or 2534 RP (if you need the champions)
50% off Esports Mega Bundle (excludes SKT 2015)Below you'll find additional previews of details on the newly available content. Remember that most of the legacy content, Championship Zed, and icons are all available through November 6th.
12429 RP or 22285 RP (if you need the champions)
- 50% OFF CHAMPIONSHIP SKINS EXCEPT ZED AND RIVEN (REGULAR PRICE)
- 50% OFF TEAM SKINS
- 50% OFF CHALLENGER SKINS"
Championship Zed2016's Championship skin Championship Zed is now available for 975 RP! This is a legacy skin and like the other skins in the line, it will only be up in the shop through November 6th!
975 RP (Legacy)
Championship Riven 2016
Championship Riven 2016
975 RP (legacy)
The skin will now be split into two "versions" -
- Championship Riven - "original"version of the skin for folks who previously purchased or obtained the skin, complete with extras such as in-game crown & R vfx, special loading screen, 2016 version of skin, and vintage summoner icon! This is not and will not go on sale.
- Championship Riven 2016 - version of the skin that will be returning to the store and available for purchase for 975 RP. Does not include extras.
Below is a comparison between the Champion Riven (left) with unique R glow & in-game crown and normal Championship Riven 2016 (right) R. Notice the sword glows brighter around the base on original.
2016 Championship Ward SkinNew this Worlds is the 2016 Championship Ward Skin:
2016 Championship Ward
Returning Championship Legacy SkinsIn addition to the return of Championship Riven and the newly release Championship Zed, Championship Kalista, Championship Shyvana, and Championship Thresh are also in the shop through November 6th!
975 RP (Legacy)
Returning Legacy SkinsIn addition to the championship skins, each set of Challenger and World Championship winning team skins are now available through November 6th!
SKT T1 2015 Team Skins
- SKT T1 Alistar - 975 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Ryze - 975 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Renekton - 975 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Elise - 975 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Azir - 975 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Kalista - 975 RP (Legacy)
Samsung White Team Skins
- SSW Rengar - 750 RP (Legacy)
- SSW Singed - 750 RP (Legacy)
- SSW Talon - 750 RP (Legacy)
- SSW Thresh - 975 RP (Legacy)
- SSW Twitch - 975 RP (Legacy)
SKT T1 2013 Team Skins
- SKT T1 Vayne - 750 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Zyra - 750 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Lee Sin - 750 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Jax - 750 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Zed - 750 RP (Legacy)
- SKT T1 Ward -640 RP (Legacy)
TPA Team Skins
- TPA Ezreal - 750 RP (Legacy)
- TPA Mundo - 750 RP (Legacy)
- TPA Orianna - 750 RP (Legacy)
- TPA Nunu - 750 RP (Legacy)
- TPA Shen - 750 RP (Legacy)
FNATIC Team Skins
- Fnatic Gragas - 750 RP (Legacy)
- Fnatic Jarvan IV - 750 RP (Legacy)
- Fnatic Janna - 750 RP (Legacy)
- Fnatic Corki - 750 RP (Legacy)
- Fnatic Karthus - 750 RP (Legacy)
975 RP (Legacy)
975 RP (Legacy)
New Summoner Icons and Temporary Emotes & RecallsAs explained above oodles of new 2016 World Championship team summoner icons are now available for purchase and ready to be upgraded using the new Championship Jewels (available for IP during broadcast days or extras included in the Hextech Chests purchased during Worlds 2016.)'
Each icon costs 250 RP and are permanent. Tier 2 requires 10 champion jewels. Tier 3 requires 12 champion jewels. While upgrading your icon, you get to keep each of the lower tier versions as well.
These icons also come with temporary emotes at tiers 1, 2, and 3 as well as a temporary team recall for tier 3. These effects will last through the Worlds event and are equipped by using the appropriate team icon.
For an example, here are the tier 1, 2, and 3 icons & emotes / recall for TSM:
- Cloud9 - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- CLG - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- TSM - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- G2 Esports - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- Splyce - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- H2K - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- Edward Gaming - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote* / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- Royal Never Give Up - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- I MAY - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- ROX Tigers - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- SKT - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- Samsung Galaxy - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- Albus Nox Luna - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- Flash Wolves - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- ahq e-Sports - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
- INTZ - T1 Icon, T1 Emote / T2 icon, T2 Emote / T3 icon, T3 Emote, T3 Recall
[Note: EDG Tier 2 Emote is currently missing.]
A generic 2016 World Championship summoner icon is also now available for 1 IP and is able to be upgraded!
BundlesSeveral champion and skin bundles are also now available, featuring many of the returning legacy skins!
- Challenger Nidalee
- Challenger Ahri
- Championship Riven 2016
- Championship Zed
- Championship Thresh
- Championship Kalista
- Championship Shyvana
- All Championship Skins
- All Team Skins
- All Challenger Skins
- Jarvan IV
- Fnatic Corki
- Fnatic Gragas
- Fnatic Janna
- Fnatic Jarvan IV
- Fnatic Karthus
SKT T1 2013 Team Bundle - 2625 RP (or 5631 RP if you need the champions)
- Lee Sin
- SKT T1 Jax
- SKT T1 Lee Sin
- SKT T1 Vayne
- SKT T1 Zed
- SKT T1 Zyra
- SKT T1 Alistar
- SKT T1 Azir
- SKT T1 Elise
- SKT T1 Kalista
- SKT T1 Renekton
- SKT T1 Ryze
- SSW Rengar
- SSW Singed
- SSW Twitch
- SSW Thresh
- SSW Talon
- TPA Mundo
- TPA Ezreal
- TPA Nunu
- TPA Orianna
- TPA Shen
FAQLast up, here's the FAQ from the Worlds 2016 hits the Rift page:
- What if I just want to buy the Championship Ward?
- The Championship Ward comes free with bundles of 10 Championship Chests, but it will also be available for purchase at the normal price of 640 RP (25% of sales contribute towards the Worlds prize pool).
- Can I get the team icon recall without purchasing RP chests?
- The team recall and tier 3 emote can only be used by crafting the tier 3 icon, but if you bought the team icon you can upgrade to tier 3 using IP only.
- Can I unlock all three levels right away without waiting for game days?
- Yes! If you don’t want to wait to get your team recall, purchasing 8 Championship Chests will allow you to craft it right away. Just like in the above, the upgrades won’t cost any additional RP and you’ll still get all the content you normally would in a regular Hextech Chest along with the Worlds bonuses.
- Can I unlock more than one team icon and emote to level up?
- Yes, you can purchase as many team icons and emotes as you’d like."