The PBE has been updated! As the 6.22 PBE cycle starts to wind down, today's update includes new splash art for Victorious Maokai and Karthus Lightsbane, and more!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and subject to change - what you see below may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers at the end of the cycle! Manage your expectations accordingly.)
Table of Contents
- Upcoming Skin Splash Art
- Skin Tweaks
- NOTE on PBE LCU Alpha
- Balance Changes
Upcoming Skin Splash ArtThe last two splash arts for 6.22's upcoming skins were added in today's update - Victorious Maokai, the 2016 season ranked reward, and the 975 RP Karthus Lightsbane.
Skin TweaksFew minor tweaks to Bard Bard today. Color adjusted a bit (golds, belt) and there's his cuff changed.
PBE LCUA Issues - Read if you've patched alpha since 4pm PDT Nov 2nd
Here's Wiot Wittwock with context on recent deploy related bug for PBE LCU Alpha users that may result in them having to reinstall the PBE and LCU Alpha.
"Hello brave PBE League client update alpha players!
Yesterday at approximately 4pm PDT, November 2nd, we applied an update to the alpha that involved some hefty architectural changes to the way we're doing patching, installation, and organizing files on your computer for League.
Unfortunately, that update came with bugs. If you patched between then and now (5am November 3rd) your installation is likely to be in a broken state. Symptoms may include persistent crashing, failure to receive new updates, inability to install, and errors when patching.
If you're having issues or patched during this time, I'd recommend completely deleting your PBE installation folder, then reinstalling the PBE and the PBE client alpha from these installer links:
If you'd like to avoid completely re-installing, you can also try the following:
1. Run "Uninstall League client alpha PBE" found in your PBE install folder.
2. ALSO delete the following folder: ...\PBE\RADS\solutions\league_client_sln
Let me know if you're still having patching or installation issues after trying the above in the comments, or need any clarification on the above steps - I'll be lurking in this thread for the next couple days. Thanks all!"
- After missing during the debut of the new Twitch Skin splash arts, a vintage Medieval Twitch loading screen slice added - [Loading Screen Slice]
- With open beta start soon, the PBE launcher now automatically starts the PBE LCU Alpha. To return to using the legacy client, click the button on the bottom right of the login screen.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn't make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
As we move through the cycle, check [THIS PAGE] for a comprehensive list of the new content & changes currently on the PBE as a part of this cycle!
- [6.22 PBE Cycle]
- Pre-season updates - Stealth system, Lethality, Jungle changes & plants, Masteries, & more
- Assassin Updates - Katarina, LeBlanc, Rengar, Talon + many other smaller updates
- Nine new champion skins - Victorious Maokai, Karthus Lightsbane, Jayce Brighthammer, Bard Bard, Sejuani Dawnchaser, & Worldbreaker Hecarim, Nasus, Nautilus, and Trundle
- New Chroma - Battle Regalia Poppy and Dragonslayer Braum
- New skin splash arts for Twitch
- Tentative balance changes and much more