The PBE has been updated! This evening's update includes Dauntless Ahri being renamed to Challenger Ahri, tentative balance changes for Renekton, and much more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Dauntless Ahri renamed to Challenger Ahri
Check out our earlier PBE coverage for a better look at this upcoming skin.
Ranked 2015 Season Start - PBE TestingHere's Socrates with information on the :Ranked 2015 season start" testing that is currently on the PBE
"Hey summoners, starting last Friday we began testing for the start of the 2015 ranked season on PBE. This means that your league standing in ranked solo and ranked teams has been be reset. Players and teams will need to play the required number of seeding games in order to be placed into a league and given a ranked standing. In order to make testing easier on PBE we've reduce the number of seeding games for ranked solo and teams to 1. As always, please let us know if you encounter any issues and good luck in your placements."
Context on Renekton ChangesSmashGizmo with context and more details on this update's batch of Renekton changes:
"Hey guys, SmashGizmo here to give some context on the Renekton changes that just hit PBE today. Essentially, we're looking to do two things here:
1) Give Renekton a lot more Fury when he's fighting champions and a little less Fury when he's not interacting with champions.P - Reign of Anger
- FURY DECAY RATE:: 2/second >>> 4/second
Q - Cull the Meek
- FURY GENERATION ON NON-CHAMPION HIT:: 5/target >>> 2.5/target
- FURY GENERATION ON CHAMPION HIT:: 5/target >>> 10/target
W - Ruthless Predator
- NEW - FURY GENERATION BONUS VS CHAMPIONS:: 10 Fury
E2 - Dice
- NEW - FURY GENERATION ON NON-CHAMPION HIT:: 2.5/target
- NEW - FURY GENERATION ON CHAMPION HIT:: 10/target
We really wanted to give Renekton some new ways to spike his Fury generation in teamfights without making his laning power go crazy, so we've put conditional Fury generation on all of his non-empowered abilities that is stronger vs. Champions than vs. minions. We also increased the decay rate on Fury so that Renekton doesn't sit on full Fury without staying in combat.
Also, a small note here, Renekton has never generated Fury when using empowered abilities, so while the tooltips are being more explicit about this interaction, the mechanics haven't been changed with regards to empowered abilities.
2) Smooth out Renekton's healing from Cull the Meek so that it is still relevant later in the game.Q - Cull the Meek
I apologize for how mathy this ends up being, but the tl;dr here is that healing vs. minions is unchanged and the healing vs. champions is better vs. targets with higher armor. Basically, we wanted Renekton to still have the choice to heal himself with Empowered Q after opponents built armor, since the ability's main function breaks down in the middle of teamfights on live right now. The current tuning on this healing is that he's going from 20%/40% post-mitigation healing to 15%/30% pre-mitigation healing, which is almost always a buff for him (except at very very low armor values).
- HEALING VS MINIONS (Non Fury Enhanced):: 5% damage >>> 3/4.5/6/7.5/9 (+0.04 Bonus AD)
- HEALING VS MINIONS (Fury Enhanced):: 10% damage >>> 9/13.5/18/22.5/27 (+0.12 Bonus AD)
- HEALING VS CHAMPIONS (Non Fury Enhanced):: 20% damage >>> 9/13.5/18/22.5/27 (+0.12 Bonus AD)
- HEALING VS CHAMPIONS (Fury Enhanced):: 40% damage >>> 27/40.5/54/67.5/81 (+0.36 Bonus AD)
All in all, we're just hoping to get Renekton into a better spot where his late game is not so impotent, while still leaving him with the strong early power curve we've come to know him for."
MiscLots of assorted UI / HUD related files but nothing is different in-game. Looking at them individually doesn't reveal much, some look dated.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Valkyrie (W) mana cost increased to 80 from 50.
- Neurotoxin (Human Q) Max bonus damage to monsters increased to 75/100/125/150/175 from 50/75/100/125/150
- Venomous Bite (Spider Q) Max bonus damage to monsters increased to 75/100/125/150/175 from 50/75/100/125/150
- Shadow Walk (Passive) now regenerates 2% of her missing mana every second up from 1% maximum mana.
- Ravage (E) now states applies on-hit effects.
- Boomerang Throw (Mini Gnar Q) cooldown reduction on catching Boomerang now 45% and scales up to 50/55/60% based on his R's rank, down from 60% on all ranks.
- GNAR! (R) now increases Boomerang Throw's (Q) cooldown reduction on catch to 50/55/60%
- Spirit of Dread (W) maximum heal from minions and monsters increased to 90/120/150/180/210 from 60/90/120/150/180
- Hyper Charge (Cannon W ) attacks now deal 60/70/80/90/100% damage from 70/85/100/115/130%
- [Context: Several changes here, primarily to healing from Q, fury generation, and tooltips! Additional context from SmashGizmo available here.]
- Reign of Anger (Passive)
Decay Rate changed to 4 per second from 2 per second
- Cull the Meek (Q):
8 second cooldown.
Renekton swings his blade, dealing 60/90/120/150/180 (+.8 bonus AD) physical damage to nearby enemies and healing himself for 3/4.5/6/7.5/9 (+.04 bonus AD) health for each non-champion hit and 9/13.5/18/22.5/27 (+.12 bonus AD) health for each champion hit, up to 50/75/100/125/150 Health
In addition, he generates 2.5 fury for each non-champion hit and 10 fury for each champion hit, up to a maximum of 30 fury.
50 Fury Bonus: Damage increased to 90/135/180/225/270 (+1.2 bonus AD). Heal increased to 9/13.5/18/22.5/27 (+.12 bonus AD) per non-champion and 27/40.5/54/67.5/81 (+.36 bonus AD) per champion, up to 150/225/300/375/450. No longer generates Fury.
- Ruthless Predator (W):
13/12/11/10/9 second cooldown.
Renekton's next attack strikes twice, stunning his target for .75 second and dealing 5/15/25/35/45 (+.75 total AD) physical damage per hit (10/30/50/70/90(+1.5 total AD) total damage)
Each hit applies on-hit effects and generates Fury. Renekton generates an additional 10 fury for hitting a champion
50 Fury Bonus: Renekton attacks three times, stunning his target for 1.5 seconds and dealing a total of 15/45/75/105/135 (+2.25 total AD) damage. No longer generates Fury.
- Slice and Dice (E):
18/17/16/15/14 second cooldown
Slice: Renekton dashes, dealing 30/60/90/120/150 (+.9 bonus AD) physical damage. Hitting an enemy grants the ability to use Dice for 4 seconds.
Dice: Renekton dashes, dealing 30/60/90/120/150 (+.9 bonus AD) physical damage. In addition, he generates 2.5 fury for each non-champion hit and 10 fury for each champion hit, up to a maximum of 30 fury.
Dice - 50 Fury Bonus: Damage increased to 45/90/135/180/225 (+1.35 bonus AD). Enemies hit have 15/20/25/30/35% reduced armor for 4 seconds. No longer generates fury.
- Crystal Slash (Q) mana cost lowered to 16/17/18/19/20 from 16/18/20/22/24
- Fracture (E) cooldown reduced to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds from 12 at all ranks.
- Hymn of Valor (Q) Power Chord bonus damage reduced to 40% from 50%
- Passive - Jungler: Magic damage on hit to monsters over 2 seconds increased to 44 from 30.
Skirmisher's Sabre, Ranger's Trailblazer, Poacher's Knife, Stalker's Blade
- Passive - Jungler: Magic damage on hit to monsters over 2 seconds increased to 60 from 45.
- [Looks like Stalker's Blade either didn't get the buff or (more likely) the tooltip is just wrong.]
- Passive Scavenging Smite - Tooltip now states you gain half a charge of Smite rather than reducing the cooldown of Smite by half
- Passive - Chilling smite now steals 20% movement speed for 2 seconds but sets smite on a 60 second cooldown rather than reducing enemy champions movement speed by 50% for 2 seconds.
- Critical Strike Chance reduced to 20% from 25%
- Recipe cost increased to 880 from 680
- Total Cost increased to 2300g from 2100g
- Critical Strike Chance increased to 35% from 30%
- Our newest item continues to received mechanics tweaks:
- [REMOVED] No longer grants bonus AD / AP while near Void Gates and minions also no longer get this bonus.
- [REMOVED] Tooltip No longer mentions that Voidspawn and Gates get stronger based on Champion Level
- [ADDED] Now includes "After the third Voidspawn made by a Void Gate, Additional Voidspawn gain 50% of your armor and magic resist as damage"
- All camps all now spawn at 2:00 instead of 1:55.
- Crimson Raptor base HP increased to 1340 from 1200
- Raptor base HP increased to 300 from 250
- Raptor damage decreased to 18 from 20
- Greater Murk Wolf base HP increased to 1440 from 1320
- Murk Wolf movement speed increased to 500 from 450
- Ancient Krug base HP increased to 1560 from 1440
- Krug hp increased to 620 from 540
- Gromp base HP increased to 1800 from 1600
- Blue Sentinel base HP increased to 2100 from 2000
- Sentry base HP increased to 450 from 400
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the new content in this PBE cycle or catch up with the links below !
- 12/9 PBE Update: Dauntless Ahri, El Tigre Braum, Alistar Visual Updates, and much more!
- 12/10 PBE Update: Minor El Tigre Braum tweaks, new icons for jungle items, and more!
- 12/11 PBE Update: New SR Base Gates/Openings, Zz'Rot Portal Updates, Dragonslayer Braum unique passive indicator, and more!
- 12/12 PBE Update: Alistar's Nose Ring returns, three new poro ward skins, and more!