With patch 4.21 headed to live, a new PBE cycle has started! Today's patch includes new Dauntless Ahri and El Tigre Braum skins, visual updates for Alistar, significant changes to Smite, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
- New Skins
New SkinsTo kick off the new cycle, we have TWO new champion skins - Dauntless Ahri, which is made to celebrate the start of the 2015 season, and El Tigre Braum!
975 RP [Confirmed as Legacy skin]
Here's Riot KateyKhaos with a bugs & feedback thread for Dauntless Ahri:
"The 2015 competitive season is about to begin, which means the climb to become world champions begins yet again! We're kicking off the 2015 competitive season with Dauntless Ahri!
It's a new season, which means all kinds of new beginnings - learning a new role or champion, playing with new teams, learning all of the changes.
It also means bettering yourself as a player - Improve your skills, excel in your main role, rank up higher than you ever have before.
Whether this is your first season, or your fifth, become a legend this season.
Dauntless Ahri will be 975 RP, and includes:
- A new recall animation!
- New model and texture!
- New particles! Note: Some particles could not be changed due to gameplay clarity. Her orb will remain the same colors. Her charm will remain the same.
Dauntless Ahri is now available to play on PBE! We always find bug reports and feedback super helpful, so feel free to comment in the thread below! Likewise, if you've got any questions, post 'em here, and we'll do our best to answer them!"
"Let me try to explain Dauntless a bit better. It's the antithesis of Championship. So, Championship Shyvana celebrates the end of the season, Dauntless Ahri is celebrating the start of the season. :]"
Here's Galetta with a bugs & feedback thread for El Tigre Braum:
"Ah! We are about to begin the fighting!
El Tigre Braum and his tag team partner poro have entered the ring! Tag in El Tigre to crush any bottom lane that might try and stand in your way! This skin includes:
- All new model - He's decked out in a tiger themed luchador costume!
- His poro has also dawned an orange mask and has grown a very impressive mustache!
- All new recall and re-spawn animations!
- All new golden particles with tiger and wresting motifs!
- All new SFX on his spells, re-spawn, and his recall!
This skin will be 975rp.
Your feedback and bug reports are extremely helpful to us, so please check out El Tigre Braum and let us know what you think! Feel free to drop any bugs you find in this thread as well.
See you on the Rift!"
Ququroon with more information:
"Move aside and witness Alistar, the Minotaur, in his new and updated form!
Known for his ability to change the shape of a teamfight, you can now spot this cow trampling in with his shape changing form! It's behoove of me to tell you what you can expect to see, so read up if you find yourself locking horns with the bull at any point! His model and textures are all sparkly and brand new, and his animations are tweaked a bit to make him run and look better on the fields. In addition, we've also given his ult a spitshine, so you'll see some nice shields here instead of... uh... spiky... things. His skins are receiving the same treatment as well, so be sure not to miss those as well*.
Some questions to keep in mind as you take a look at the new models!
- Does this still read as Alistar to you?
- Does the new Unbreakable Will still communicate the effect?
- Do you feel anything important to you was missed during this update?
We'd really appreciate it if you'd take a look at Alistar, and headbutt us with any bugs and feedback that come your way. Your feedback helps to guide changes we can make, as well as helps us grow as a team.
*Sweeper Alistar was fairly recent, so it did not receive larger updates."When asked about these smaller scope updates vs larger ones like Kartthus, Ququroon noted:
"Great question! I suggest you read this devblog for more context behind the smaller updates! tl;dr: We get to affect a broader amount of content."
Let's stampede on into a better look at this visual updates:
Here's a short video of the new run animation and R visual effects:
Here's a video comparison between the old and new Alistar!
There is also a file mentioning "HudSkin(HUD2015)" in one of the game mutator files. Nothing much else to share, could just be a placeholder name for a future game mode hud.
Guardian's Horn [Howling Abyss Only]
- HP increased to 200 from 180
- Base Health Regen increased to 120% from 100%
- Total priced reduced to 1015 from 1025
- [The tooltip now longer mentions +20 gold per large monster kill BUT it has received no functionality changes in game just yet.]
- Zz'rot Portal, an item first seen during the last PBE cycle, has been readded to the game!
- Smite now works on a charge (or ammo ) system. You gain one charge every 75 seconds (vs being able to cast it once every 60 seconds) and can hold up to two charges.
- Tool tip now includes: "Smite regains a charge every 75 seconds, up to a maximum of 2 charges."
- Recharge timer starts at 1:40
- There is a 15 sec cooldown between casting Smites.
Howling Abyss Global Aura
- Increased to 50% reduced healing effects on allies from 20%
- Movement speed increased to 310 from 285
- Now has Gift of Heavy Hands. which stuns the attacking champion every few attacks. [The debuff wears off after 1 minute and 30 seconds after spawning.] Using Smite will "steal" this bonus from the camp.
- Movement speed increased to 360 from 285
- Health increased to 800 from 750
- [Health Per Level decreased by 150]
- [Health now scales with monster level multipliers].
- XP and gold on death increased to 50 from 35.