The PBE has been updated and it's another big one! Sion's updated voiceover and new sfx have been added, including a slew of new unique taunts & jokes and over 13 minutes of audio! We also have texture rebalancing for Blitzcrank and most of his skins, updates to Masquerade Evelynn's texture rebalancing, Hexakill: Twisted Treeline up for testing, a tentative change to Gangplank's R's consistency, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Sion Voiceover and SFXAfter his debut in the 9/25 PBE update, Sion's updated voiceover and sound effects are now up on the PBE!
Sion has unique taunts for:
- "Time to cut your strings puppet!"
- "One of us will finally die today!"
- "I know you... I want to remember killing you"
- "We've clashed a thousand times... no more!"
- "Next in line, next to die!"
- "I'll plant that banner in your corpse!"
- "I killed you once... I'LL KILL YOU AGAIN!"
- "Today... we'll see if ghosts can bleed!"
- "I am not your pawn, Swain!"
- "You are not my general!"
- "You are weak, Swain! YOU ARE NO LEADER!"
- "Even death trembles before me!"
- "You will be privileged to die under my boot!"
- "How many Jarvans must I kill?"
- "You look just like your ancestor - dead!"
- "Four Jarvans and you're all still failures! That is funny."
- "So uh, Urgot... we can't hang out any more. I'm cool now."
- "Why don't I have coverage for prosthetics?"
and he has unique lines when purchasing specific items:
- "No mere spell will stop me."
- "This cleaver will be red soon."
- "A sword lacks heft"
- "This is not the first dead king's weapon I've taken."
- "Yeesssss... I like this weapon"
- "It longs to kill."
- "Good enough to stomp insects"
- "Nothing will keep me from battle!"
- "These will wade through the blood of thousands!"
- "Every step will crack the earth!"
- "Do you feel a shiver down your spine?"
- "Ah, cold fear."
- "I'll shatter the gates of Demacia with this hammer!"
- "Cold as the grip of death!"
- "I'll feel their bodies grow cold."
- "This will sever a thousand heads."
- "Spells... ha!."
- "Protection from the bites of gnats."
- "A dark omen for my enemies!"
- "They will break first."
- "All will burn in my wake."
- "They'll beg as they burn."
- "Fire... good"
- "Leave no wound unanswered."
- "This was made for war, as am I!"
- "This is the only fortress I need!"
- "This has seen many battles."
Sion also has unique lines he will say when purchasing any item!
If you are interested in listening to these clips individually, check out the LoL Wiki's entry for Sion's PBE voice.
In addition to the new VO, he also has a new champion Select Quote:
"Rest is for the Living"
Here's an updated video preview now that his VO and SFX are implmented:
As you may have noticed in the video, his E and R indicators have also been fixed!
[E's indicator shows the path that minions will be knocked back]
Lumberjack Sion also received a few texture changes, notably to his axe, belt, and glove.
[Continued] Texture Rebalance Round #2In addition to Brand, Evelynn, Nocturne, and Olaf earlier in this cycle, today's update includes texture rebalancing for BLITZCRANK!
The TL;DR of texture rebalancing is Riot is aiming to update nearly all champions and skins that were released before 2013 to better fit with the current art style and the upcoming Summoner's Rift update.
[ NOTE: OLD is on LEFT and NEW is on RIGHT ]
Boom Boom Blitzcrank
Piltover Customs Blitzcrank
Definitely Not Blitzcraznk
Masquerade Evelynn also received an updates to texture rebalancing from the 9/25 PBE udpate - her skin is now much more pale!
[Live vs 9/25 PBE vs Today's update]
Gangplank Ult ChangeHere's Riot GMang with a feedback thread:
"Should hit PBE at the next deploy. If you get a chance to try it, I'd love to know what you think!
To clarify, this is neither a "ult was the biggest problem" nor a "now Gangplank's in a perfect place." It was just a nice clean upgrade we thought people would like, and didn't have any big reason to hold it. :)
Hope you'll like it!"
Hexakill: Twisted Treeline up for testing!Hexakill: Twisted Treeline is now live and up for testing as of today's PBE update!
Here's L4T3NCY with more:
"The Hexakill: Twisted Treeline featured game mode is now live on the PBE! Please report any bugs & feedback you might find in here for us.
The original announcement post can be found here.
Thanks PBE peeps! ^_^b"
HEXAKILL: Twisted Treeline also has its own unique HUD skin!
OtherThere is a new "Character Inking" option that toggles on and off a "dark silhouette around units".
The launcher now prompts you to remove Pando Media Booster now that it is no longer in use.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Twilight Shroud (W) no longer grants 10/20/30/40/50 armor or mr .
- Twilight Shroud (W) now grants 60/70/80/90/100% burst of movement speed which decays over 1 second while in shroud.
- Cannon Barrage (R) now deals equal damage over the entire area in waves instead of random spots with cannon balls.
- Cannon Barrage (R) duration now 7 seconds from 6.
- Cannon Barrage (R) cooldown now 125/110/95 from 120/115/110
- Cannon Barrage (R) now listed a damge per second instead of flat damage per cannon ball.
- Passive - Cold Steel attack speed slow increased to 15% from 10%
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the new content in this PBE cycle or catch up with the links below !
- 9/24 PBE Update - Sion splash art, Dunkmaster Darius, Ravenborn LeBlanc, Championship Shyvana, and Underworld Wukong
- 9/25 PBE Update - Sion visual and gameplay update, Brand/Evelynn/Nocturne/Olaf texture rebalancing, 2014 championship ward, and more!
Reminder: The Summoner's Rift update is currently on the PBE for testing!