The PBE has been updated! Today's update includes another round of "They Are Coming" teasers including "Lamb" and "Wolf" masks, a mirrored display option for the Scoreboard, the ability to use recall animations in ARAM, and more tentative balance changes!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
"They are coming" teaser - Lamb & Wolf Mask
Several more files related to the "They Are Coming" champion teaser have been added! These new files reference "Lamb"& "Wolf" plus several references to death. One of the files also mentions "Kindred" (Kindred_Base_Death_Avatar).
For example, here is a file labelled "TheyAreComing_Base_Promo_Mask", showing a white and purple mask that each have what appears to be half of the "Swirl" seen in the original teaser.
These two masks are observable in-game and seem to appear randomly on death, although they will not appear every time. Here's an example of the white mask:
and here's what they look like without being greyed out by the fog of war on death:
Here's a video of the effect forced to activate in-game, which include various vfx in addition to masks:
[For anyone interested, Iniquitee has posted to dispel the rumor that this is based on a fan concept.]
HUD ChangesYou can now mirror the display of the scoreboard using a new option in the option menu!
Recall Animations on ARAMWhile you won't actually recall since that is disabled on ARAM, you can now use your recall hotkey to play your recall animation in ARAM!
Here's Griftrix with context on this change:
"Yeah. I had this idea last week. I was in voice chat with some friends, and we went against an arcade Riven. In voice I said "she has one of the best recall ani.... oh... nevermind." That's what inspired me to chase a couple things down, ask the right people, and with a little help (cause I have almost no experience with actually changing spell stuff) I got something working Friday. It's on PBE now. I just checked in a fix 30 min ago to remove the icon for the "recall buff" because you're not actually doing anything. In any case, press B, see animation (if you have one). It will not have the blue beam, or a cast bar, or a channel bar, and it will still be interrupted by damage like other recall, but it will play the animations just fine.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Decimate (Q) mana cost increased to 30/35/40/45/50 from 30 at all ranks
- [NOTE: Darius currently has other balance changes on the PBE, check them out here.]
- Ravage (E) damage lowered to 50/90/130/170/210 from 70/110/150/190/230
- [NOTE: Check this post for context]
- Base HP lowered to 550 from 570
- [NOTE: Fiora currently has other balance changes on the PBE, check them out here.]
- Powder Keg (E) bonus physical damage to champions lowered to 40/50/60/70/80 from 80/110/140/170/200
- Base armor increased to 29 from 27
- Base armor reduced to 20 from 22
- [Current live value is 24.88]
- Mace of Spades (Q) health cost reverted to 20/23/26/29/32 from 25/30/35/40/45
- Harvesters of Sorrow (W) damage reverted to 140/180/220/260/300 from 140/200/260/320/380.
- [NOTE: Mordekaiser currently has other balance changes on the PBE, check them out here.]
- Fracture (E) slow reduced to 25/35/45/55/65% from 45/50/55/60/65%
- [NOTE: For reference on the E change from earlier update, FeralPony has explained this is a non-gameplay impacting change and Zac's E behavior & channel time should be just like on live. more info here.]
- Stranglethorns (R) knock up duration reverted to 1 second from 1.5 seconds.
- [NOTE: Context on revert from FeralPony.]