The PBE has been updated, including several balance changes and a new Triumphant Urf ward skin!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
- New Urf Triumphant Ward Skin
- Loyalty Rewards (PC Cafe Rewards System) Updates Testing on PBE
- Balance Changes
Urf Triumphant Ward
MFrequency with info on updates to the "Loyalty service" ( PC Cafe rewards system) that will be testing on the PBE over the next week:
We’re going to be testing some fixes and updates to our Loyalty service (PC café rewards system) on the PBE, so for the next week, you will all once again be receiving Loyalty rewards!
For those who are unfamiliar with Loyalty, it is our way of giving players extra perks for playing League of Legends in PC cafes in certain regions. In many Asian and European countries (Korea, for example), players tend to play League of Legends primarily in these PC cafés instead of on personal computers, where they pay by the hour to play the game of their choice in a social environment. Within this environment, most game titles (regardless of retail market price) are offered to players at a reduced cost (or at no cost) to offset the café’s usage fee and keep the playerbase healthy. Riot’s approach is to allow players to temporarily select any champion when playing League of Legends from PC cafés, as well as earn a small amount of additional IP. This feature does not reward any players when they log in outside of PC cafés, even if they are using the same account.
As a reminder: When this feature is active, you will see a small medal icon in the top-right corner of the League of Legends client, earn an additional 20% IP at the end of matches (visible as a segment of the IP bar on the postgame screen), and all champions will appear unlocked (similar to the weekly free Champion selection). The only champion we are not awarding at this time is Bard, since we still need to make sure he’s able to be purchased! Like the Free to Play rotation, Loyalty does not actually apply champion ownership to an account, so you will still need to purchase champions before you can buy skins for them.
Please reply to this thread if you play this week and do not receive Loyalty rewards, so that we can investigate!
"Good Question! Loyalty is currently available in Korea, and while we are looking to expand into other markets, we don't have any specifics to share at this time. In the meantime, we do have that list of PC cafes in EU to meet friends and play!"
For easy reference, the PC Cafe reward system looks like this when enabled for testing:
- Noxian Guillotine (R) has been reverted back to live functionality.
- Mana cost reverted to 100 mana at all ranks from 100/50/0New Effect: At rank 3, Noxian Guillotine's cooldown resets entirely on kill removed.
- [Note: Meddler commented on these reverts, saying they are still planning to them with mana refund instead of just reduced cost but it will not be coming in 5.6]
- Movement Speed (Human Form) changed to 330 from 325
- [Live value 335 atm. Spider form currently increased to 355 from 345]
- [Tooltip Only] Spider Form (R) movement speed bonus increased to 25 from 10
- [This is the tooltip update reflecting the current PBE change of her spider form being 355 movement speed and human being 330]
- Permafrost (E) damage reverted back to 60/90/120/150/180 from 60/95/130/165/200
- [Note: E's damage has been reverted back to live values. Her W and R changes remain.]
SionCheck out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the new content in this PBE cycle or catch up with the individual update links below !
- Roar of the Slayer (E) bonus damage to enemies that the knocked back non-champion unit passes through decreased to 30% from 50%.
- [Comprehensive PBE Content List for the 5.5 Cycle]
- 3/11 PBE Update: New Amumu, Nami, Nasus, Soraka, & Udyr April Fools' skins, Champion Mastery system, and more
- 3/12 PBE Update: Surprise Party Amumu, Hunter's Machete changes, and more!
- 3/13 PBE Update: Skin Updates, New Champion Select music, and more!
- 3/16 PBE Update: Archduke Nasus R texture, new Urf summoner icon, and more!
- 3/17 PBE Update: Several tentative balance changes