Here's the full 6.18 patch notes with an introduction from Scarizard and friends:
Points of Interest from the 6.18 PBEHere's a brief look at a few of the new things included in patch 6.18 including things mentioned above in the patch notes and things discovered during the last PBE cycle! This coverage includes preview screen shots and video taken during the 6.18 PBE cycle and may vary slightly from what is pushed to live.
Yorick Champion Update
After a long wait, Yorick's champion update is available in 6.18! This is a LARGE scope champion update complete with new gameplay, visuals, updated skins, VO, and more!
Yorick, the Shepherd of Lost Souls
Check out his new champion spotlight for more on his updated kit - scaling and such available here.
Along with the new kit and look, both of Yorick's skins have been updated!
The 6.18 PBE cycle includes a total of five new skins: Championship Zed and new cooking inspired skins for Akali, Leona, Olaf, and Pantheon.
A shared splash art for the upcoming Sashimi Akali, Barbecue Leona, Baker Pantheon, and Butcher Olaf skins was also added in:
New Summoner Icon
A party hardy new poro summoner icon was also added this cycle. No details on release or availability yet!
Mysterious Voice TeaserA mysterious voice has been discovered during the 6.18 PBE, including both music and several lines that reference jungle camps - Gromp, Blue Buff, and Krugs.
Here's a video of the different lines with the music in the background:
For convenience, here are the VO lines:
- "Poor Gromp. He was a prince amongst toads. "
- "You will be missed old friend, warts and all. "
- "Goodbye Gromp, or as you would say, ribbit. "
- "Hop to that lilypad in the sky, old friend. "
- "Wait 'til you see Daisy's dance moves!
- "Everyone wins in a dance off."
- "Next time, more petting and less stabbing. "
- "A tragic end for such a noble friend."
- "Can I cut in? Yes? No. I'll- I'll come back later. "
- "Why kill when you can simply ask?"
- "What a shame, he could've been a mountain. "
- "How can anyone kill someone as cuddly as Krugs?"
- "Farewell Krugs, I shall miss our long talks."
Here is the VO in various non-English languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Latin American Spanish
These were all added in the MISC_Attachments_SFX_audio.bnk and MISC_Attachments_SFX_evvevnts.bnk files. There are also new several new files that start with "EE", these presumably the triggers for how to trigger the lines for Blue, Gromp, Krug, and jungle camps - including Killing camps and Dancing with blue.
SPECULATION: This seems to be in line with our usual sort of in-game teasers for new champions.
Elise and Maokai have had their in-game lore entries updated in the client! Please remember these are only the short form in client entries and typically longer form bio & stories follow!
''Beauty is power too, and can strike swifter than any sword.''
Elise is a deadly predator who dwells in a shuttered, lightless palace, deep in the Immortal Bastion of Noxus. Once she was mortal, the mistress of a once-powerful house, but the bite of a vile spider god transformed her into something beautiful, undying, and utterly inhuman. To maintain her eternal youth, Elise preys upon the innocent, and there are few who can resist her seductions.
''All around me are empty husks, soulless and unafraid... but I will bring them fear.''
Maokai is a rageful, towering treant who fights the unnatural horrors of the Shadow Isles. He was twisted into a force of vengeance after a magical cataclysm destroyed his home, surviving undeath only through the waters of life infused within his heartwood. Once a peaceful nature spirit, Maokai now furiously battles to banish the scourge of unlife from the Shadow Isles and restore his home to its former beauty
Yorick login theme
To go with his champion update in testing, an eerie Yorick login theme is now on the launcher.
Championship Riven 2016 - return details & skin updates
The skin will now be split into two "versions" -
- Championship Riven - "original"version of the skin for folks who previously purchased or obtained the skin, complete with extras such as in-game crown & R vfx, special loading screen, and vintage summoner icon! Will not go on sale.
- Championship Riven 2016 - version of the skin that will be returning to the store and available for purchase for 975 RP. Does not include extras.
Below is a comparison between the Champion Riven (left) unique R glow and normal Championship Riven 2016 (right) R. Notice the sword glows brighter around the base.
While there are two versions, both Championship Riven skins have received a texture and vfx pass on the PBE. Below is a comparison between LIVE and PBE versions of Championship Riven
- Arcade Ahri's splash art has been updated to include the whisker marks on her face.
- 2016 World Championship Summoner's Rift decals added!
- Here's a few examples of the invulnerability HUD added in this patch: