A late night PBE update is heading our way! Tonight's update includes All Random URF up for testing, new esports themed hextech crafting assets, and several tentative balance changes!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and subject to change - what you see below may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers at the end of the cycle! Manage your expectations accordingly.)
Table of Contents
- All Random URF for the RGM queue now live for testing on the PBE
- New Hextech Crafting Assets
- Balance Changes
All Random URF for the RGM queue now live for testing on the PBE
All Random Ultra Rapid Fire is now on the PBE for RGMQ testing!L4T3NCY with information on All Random URF's PBE testing debut:
"Heya guys ^_^/
All Random URF is now live on PBE for testing. Here's some notes on stuff we'd like you guys to check out.
ARURF uses the same selection mechanism as ARAM. If anyone isn't sure how ARAM's random work either, I'll detail below here:
ARAM's RNG is true random from the champions you own + the free weekly rotation champs. There is no weighting on any groups or champs whatsoever. When using a reroll, you obviously can't reroll a champ that someone on your team already has, so the system randoms again from your remaining pool (you are also guaranteed to not reroll the exact same champion again, so your pool is technically n-1). Rerolled champs go back into the available pool for everyone else to random if they use any subsequent rerolls.
Shared with ARAM for this first version, but we'll increase the cadence that rerolls are earned at for the weekend ARURF is live.
Champ Mastery should be good to go, same as all other RGM modes.
Have been increased 20mins and 45mins for 1st and 2nd dodges respectively. I mean, the word "random" is in the mode's name. Be prepared to play whatever the dice rolls at you here. :)
The following champs have been updated since last time.
Have also seen a lot of chatter around ARURF being aimed at "balancing URF". This is not accurate. The pick type will have no impact on the relative strength of champions once in game . EG: If you random URF Yasuo and get into the game, he's not going to be any stronger than usual. He's still URF Yasuo. :( We are however hoping to see a more diverse selection of champions played.
As a general rule, we don't balance RGM modes. If you're interested in our philosophy on not heavily balancing RGM modes, I have extra details here.
I know that's a lot of finicky stuff but, we always appreciate your guys help for the RGM modes. Thanks. ^_^
New Hextech Crafting AssetsSeveral esports & World Championship themed assets have been added for Hextech Crafting and loot - presumably these are for another sort of crafting promotion or type of chest related to Worlds. Stay tuned for more information.
In addition to the two assets above, there are also assets for the various 2016 WC team summoner icons.
- Custom games are enabled on the PBE LCU Alpha but unfortunately the lobbies aren't launching yet. In the meantime, enjoy the screenshot:
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn't make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
[NOTE: As you may remember our 9/9 Update had AIR client balance only changes listed as we had no game patch that night. Below is "the entire" change list from 9/9 and 9/12, some of which have already been reverted or changed. Complete PBE changelists available here.]
- Q/E/R - The earlier "ICY" and "CHILLING" changes have been REVERTED .
- [NOTE: ManWolfAxeBoss noted these aren't scrapped, they are still working on them.]
- Frostbite (E) damage lowered to 50/75/100/125/150 from 55/85/115/145/175
- [Previously mentioned Passive, W, and E changes now full implemented for testing in-game.]
- Miasma (W) - Duration reverted to 5 seconds from 4 seconds.
- [NOTE: The slow nerf still in 25-65 on PBE vs 40-80% on live.]
- Feral Scream (W) [ all previous changes REVERTED. - W CD, silence duration, & target changes. SmashGizmo noted these are likely to return for more testing next cycle.]
- Attack growth increased to 3.5 from 2.5
- Infected Cleaver (Q):
- [Range increase reverted.]
- [Previous PBE change reverted - No longer applies Grievious Wounds
- Masochism (E)
- Cooldown lowered to 6 seconds from 7 seconds
- Attack damage increase based on % of missing health increased to .3/.5/.7/.9/1.1 from .2/.4/.6/.8/1
- Attack damage growth reverted to 1.7 from 2.5
- Attack Speed per level reverted 2.5 from 3
- Skaarl, the Cowardly Lizard (Passive) dismounted basic attack damage to minions/monsters increased to 100% from 80%
- [NOTE: Reduced AA damage while dismounted to champions still 80%]
- Chaaaaaaaaaarge!!! (R) Range lowered to 3500/4000/4500 from 5000
- Caustic Spittle (Q):
- [new effect] Passive added - "Kog'Maw gains 15/20/25/30/35% bonus attack speed."
- Bio-Arcane Barrage (W):
- Cooldown increased to 17 from 13/11.5/10/8.5/7
- [NOTE: Cooldown now starts when you activate the ability rather than after the duration.]
- Ability changed - now "For 8 seconds, Kog'Maw's basic attacks gain 130/150/170/190/210 range and deal 2/3/4/5/6% (+1% per 100 AP) of the target's maximum health as bonus magic damage."
- Blood Boil (W) REVERTED
[new effect added "Attacking enemies while under the influence of boiled blood will enrage all nearby Bloodboiled allies, increasing Attack Speed by X% per hit, up to 40/40/40/40/40% additional Attack Speed."]
- Absolute Zero (R) REVERTED
[new effect added "The Movement speed slow increases to X over the duration of the channel."]
- Astral Infusion (W) cooldown changed to 10/8/6/4/2 from 5/4.5/4/3.5/3 (live value is 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 seconds)
- Ambush (Q) attack speed bonus after leaving stealth lowered to 30/35/40/45/50% from 30/40/50/60/70%
- Contaminate (E) damage per stack REVERTED to 15/20/25/30/35 from 10/15/20/25/30
Check out [THIS PAGE] for a comprehensive list of the new content & changes currently on the PBE as a part of this cycle or catch up with the individual update links below !