As we kick off the 5.24 PBE cycle, the PBE has been updated with a cool batch of new content! New stuff includes Snow Day skins for Bard, Gnar, & Syndra, several new summoner icons, a slew of balance changes, Snowdown minions, and much more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
- New Skins
- New Ward Skins
- New Summoner Icons
- Lore Changes
- Snowdown Minions
- Balance Changes
New SkinsJust in time for the holidays, the 5.24 PBE cycle includes three new frosty new Snowdown skins - Snow Day Bard, Snow Day Gnar, and Snow Day Syndra!
Snow Day Bard
Here's Riot LoveStrut with a bugs and feedback thread for Snow Day Bard:
"jolly chimes jingle in the distance, cups of hot cocoa magically manifest at the edge of your vision, ethereal penguins let out excited honks from the cosmic ether
Everyone's favorite snowy Caretaker has arrived! Snow Day Bard is here to take you on a jolly Magical Journey, full of hot chocolate, snow balls, and magical penguin companions!
Snow Day Bard will be 1350 RP* and will include:
Snow Day Bard is now available to play on PBE! Please note that PBE content is still a work in progress. Bug reports, constructive feedback and just general reactions are always welcome and appreciated, so please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, and we’ll do our best to address them! <3
- New models and textures - Bard's bundled up for his travels and donning a new icy instrument! The Meeps have been magically penguinified too!
- New particles - From icy tethers to magical snowflakes to hot chocolate health packs, lots of new particles here!
- New wintery sound effects - From the sounds of ice freezing your enemies upon a successful tether to mystical penguins honking into existence at Bard's side, tons of new sounds here too!
- New recall animations - Bard's helping his playful little snow-friends build a SnowBard!
*Prices on PBE subject to change."
Snow Day Gnar
975 RP / Legacy
Here's Galetta with a bugs and feedback thread for Snow Day Gnar:
"Watch out for icy boomerangs and frozen penguins, Snow Day Gnar has hit the PBE!
This skin includes:
This skin will be 975RP (PBE pricing subject to change)
- New model and textures!
- New recall animation(s)! (One for both little and big Gnar!)
- All new particles! (FROZEN PENGUIN BOLDER?! )
- New recall SFX!
Your feedback and bug reports are extremely helpful to us, so please check out Snow Day Gnar and let us know what you think! Feel free to drop any bugs you find in this thread as well!
See you on the Rift!"
Snow Day Syndra
1350 RP / Legacy
[Max Rank E]
Heres Riot KateyKhaos with a bugs and feedback thread for Snow Day Syndra:
"Snowball fight! Snow Day Syndra is ready to toss some snowballs on the Rift!
Snow Day Syndra will be 1350 RP* includes:
Snow Day Syndra is now available to play on PBE! Please note that PBE content is still a work in progress! We always find bug reports and feedback super helpful, as well as constructive feedback, so feel free to comment in the thread below! Likewise, if you’ve got any questions, post ‘em here, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
- A new model and texture - she's all bundled up and ready for a snowball fight!
- New particles consisting of snow and ice! (Keep an eye out for when she maxes out her skills!)
- New wintery sound effects!
- New recall animations - do you want to build a Syndra? ;)
*Prices on PBE subject to change."
New Ward Skin
Files referencing a chilly new Penguin Skier Ward have been added but no assets yet! Check back in a future PBE update.
[NOTE: While not on the PBE just yet, the Snowdown Preview post mentions this legacy ward skin will be available for 640 RP]
New Summoner IconsWe also have a cool batch of new summoner icons, release details for these are available here.
Icy Minion Icon
1500 IP or 250 RP / Legacy
Bundled Minion Icon
250 RP / Legacy
While you won't be able to purchase them specifically for yourself, these next four new legacy summoner icons will be available to send to friends for 100 IP each!
"We’re also launching four new Legacy “snowball” icons that you can toss to your friends (or enemies who you want to make friends) for 100 IP each. Anyone who gets a snowball icon to the face will get to keep that icy icon and will also get a one-win IP boost. (Legacy - 100 IP)"
Several champions have received minor lore changes in today's update, mostly geared at scrubbing out minor references to the retconned Institute of War, League of Legends, and Summoners.click here.
Snowdown Minions[NOTE: As of 11/23 Update, doesn't look like these are active quiet yet!]
Minions are dressed up for Snowdown and will be jingling through Howling Abyss and Summoner's Rift during the Snowdown patch.
- All of Poppy files were removed in today's update and she is no longer available for play... What could it mean? Hrm....
- Several "Personalized Offers" files added to AIR Client.
- These are likely related to the upcoming Snowdown Shop, which is "an in-client destination outfitted with discounted Champs and Skins unique to you."
- Raw Files:
- The Elderwood Hecarim splash was updated to include several more birds on the two trees near Hecarim.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Caretaker's Shrine (W):
- Initial AP ratio is up to .3 from .2
- Maximum Charge AP ration increased to .6 from.45.
- Pillar of Flame (W) mana cost increased to 70/80/90/100/110 from 70/75/80/85/90
- Meditate (W) **
AP radio reduced to .15 from .3
- [**NOTE: Meddler has commented: This is a tooltip correction only. The actual ratio's been 0.15 for a long time.]
- Pounce (Cougar W) damage increased to 75/125/175/225 from 50/100/150/200
- Powerball (Q) slow duration lowered to 2 seconds from 3 seconds
- Base Health Regen Per Second increased to 1.068 from .668
- Ricochet (W) - bonus damage 60/65/70/75/80% from 50/55/60/65/70%
- Crystal Slash (Q) total AD ratio reduced to 33/35/37/39/41% from 33/36/39/42/45%
- Star Call (Q) range reduced to 800 from 950
- Astral Infusion (W) Mana cost increased to 40/45/50/55/60 from 20/25/30/35/40
- Wish (R) no longer removes Grievous Wounds.
- Nevermove (W) root duration reduced to 1/1.3/1.5/1.8/2 seconds from 2 at all ranks
- Wild Cards (Q) damage lowered to 60/105/150/195/240 from 60/110/160/210/260
- Destiny (R) range changed to 4000/5000/6000 from 5500
- Short Fuse (Passive) now deals double damage to structures, up from 150% damage.
- Mega Inferno Bomb (R)
- Damage increased to 300/450/600 (1.1 AP) from 250/375/500 (.9 AP)
- Enemies further away now take "two-thirds" damage from 80%
- Health reduced to 500 from 600.
- Now reads "UNIQUE Passive: Gain increasingly more Cooldown Reduction from Critical Strike Chance provided by other sources (maximum +20% additional Cooldown Reduction at 30% Critical Strike Chance)" from "UNIQUE Passive: Gain up to +20% additional Cooldown Reduction equal to your Critical Strike Chance from other sources."
Feast [Ferocity- Tier 2]
- Cooldown instead to 25 seconds from 20
Deathfire Touch [Ferocity- Tier 6]
- [Damage changed]
- Base Damage changed to [8 + 50% bonus AD & 20% AP over 4 seconds] from [6 + 50% bonus AD & 20% AP over 3 seconds]
- [Duration changed]
- Burn Duration for Single target increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds.
- Burn Duration for AoE increased to 2 seconds from 1.5 seconds
- Burn Duration for damage over time decreased to 1 second from 1.5 seconds.
- [Specifies attacks & spells that hit an enemy champion]
- Duration increased to 6 seconds from 5
Precision [Cunning - Tier 5]
- Armor penetration increased to [ 1/2/3/4/5 (+.1/.2/.3/.4/.5 per level) ] from [ 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3.0 + .06/.12/.18/.24/.3 per level) ]
Windspeaker's Blessing [Cunning - Tier 6]
- Heals/Shields now grants flat armor and MR based on level instead of increasing resistances by 15%
- 5-22 Armor
- 2.5-11 MR
Unyielding [Resolve - Tier 1]
- Bonus Armor/MR reduced to 1/2/3/4/5% from 1.2/2.4/3.6/4.8/6%
Explorer [Resolve - Tier 2]
- Movement Speed in Brush & River increased to 15 from 12
Veteran's Scars [Resolve - Tier 3]
- Now gives 9/18/27/36/45 health from .8/1.6/2.4/3.2/4%
- Base damage reduction increased to 3% from 2%
- Damage reduction & damage transfer when near ally lowered to 6% from 8%
- Base HP: 1300 from 1320
- Base Armor: 10 from 9
- Base HP: 1450 from 1440
- Base Armor: 10 from 12