A small patch, containing the Shadowfire Kindred splash art and changes for the in-game latency bar, has been pushed to the PBE!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
Shadowfire Kindred splash artThe splash art for Kindred's release skin Shadowfire Kindred is now on the PBE!
Check out our 5.19 PBE Megapost for a look at Shadowfire Kindred in-game!
Changes to Latency Bar in HUD
The red/yellow/green latency bar in the top corner of the UI has been removed in today's update.
Here's Chager with information on changes to the latency bar and removal of the colored bars:
When we playing on the new HUD one thing that stuck out to us is how we represent latency (ping). We tried shifting to the bar icon but after playing on that for a while we don't feel its accurate enough and felt arbitrary. Colored ping bars can be pretty arbitrary to the average player, as there is no accepted 'standard' of what someone should do when they see yellow - or red - bars instead of green.
In lieu of this we maked a simple change so there's more clarity around what a player's connection speed is to the game server and can derive meaningful information from that. This is a long line to say we want to show you real information, not colors.
To that end we've removed the colored bars and have the actual latency number displaying right below where the bars were by default. If you don't like these numbers there or find them distracting, you can use the CTRL+F function to turn them off.
Let us know how this feels.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- [The weird Abyssal Scepter bug / mismatch has been fixed. back to live functionality & values.]
- [Comprehensive 5.19 PBE Cycle Post]
- 9/15 PBE Update: Kindred debut, five new skins, and more!
- 9/16 PBE Update: Ironside Malphite, Marauder,& Warden splash art, Private Chat Room updates
- 9/17 PBE Update: HUD options, Kindred non-English VOs, MF R buff, and more
- 9/18 PBE Update: Kindred tweaks
- 9/21 PBE Update: Kindred Login & more
- 9/22 PBE Update: New Summoner icons, Worlds Login, & more
- 9/23 PBE Update: Warden Karma Load screen slice and Marauder Olaf Texture Tweaks