This afternoon's red post collection includes Meddler noting the Darius updates will "very likely" be within next 3 patches, a note on Windows 10 and League of Legends, a rundown of who is competing on the Black Market Brawlers Show Match on July 31st, and more!
- Champion & Skin Sale 7/28 - 7/31
- Free Champion Rotation, week of July 28th
- [Updated] Red Post Collection: Bilgewater / SRU Music Toggle, Meddler on new Fighter Items, 2015 World Championship finals tickets on July 29th
- 7/28 PBE Update: Cassiopeia Chroma, HUD Tweaks, Tentative Balance changes & more
Table of Contents
- Darius Update "very likely" within next 3 patches
- No Changes for Gangplank in 5.15
- Happy with the 5.13 AP Changes
- Windows 10 and League of Legends
- Between Two Turrets - Chat with Morello
- Battle and Brawl: Black Market Brawlers Show Match
Darius Update "very likely" within next 3 patchespreviously mentioned Darius updates would be out within the next 3 patches, Meddler noted:
Scruffy said it was coming very soon so I was wondering if it's within 3 patches.
It's very likely it will."
No Changes for Gangplank in 5.15Meddler also noted that there will be no changes for Gangplank in the next live patch, 5.15.
No changes in 5.15 at the very least. Right now there are a lot of people playing GP who've never played him before and even those that have are having to learn some new stuff given the kit changes. That's making it a bit hard to get a gauge on what his long term power's like, initial reaction though is that it's in roughly the right ballpark.
Happy with the 5.13 AP ChangesBuilding on his comments from yesterday, Meddler also commented that the team is happy with how the 5.13 AP itemization changes have panned out, noting that fighter/general defense item changes are coming soon and potentially more after that.
"So far we're happy with how the AP changes have gone, which bodes well for the fighter/general defense item changes coming soon. If that goes well we'll likely look at marksmen items afterwards, with AD assassins one of the likely possibilities after that. Again though, that's dependent on these changes producing the sort of results we're hoping for. If the upcoming changes don't work out well we'll have to reassess our plans."
Windows 10 and League of LegendsHere's dArtagnan with a thread regarding League of Legends and the newly released Windows 10:
The answer is yes! We have been been extensively testing Windows 10 here at Riot, and we will be fully supporting Windows 10. If you haven’t heard already, you will be able to freely upgrade to Windows 10 as long as you have Windows 7 or 8.1 (8 users need to update to 8.1) already installed. If you do decide to upgrade, here is what you need to know:
- Make sure to check whether your computer meets the requirements for Windows 10
- If you do update, Windows 10 should download all the necessary updates or latest drivers for your hardware automatically. If you do have problems afterwards, you may need to contact your computer manufacturer (Dell, HP, etc) or your hardware manufacturer (MSI, Gigabyte, Nvidia, AMD, etc) to manually download the latest updates or drivers. Since it was just released, some manufacturers may not have updated drivers/updates ready
NOTE: Older hardware not directly supported by its own manufacturers anymore may not have new drivers for Windows 10.
- Make sure to play a Custom Game first after updating to make sure everything works normally! You don’t want to be in a Ranked Game if suddenly your mouse stops working
- If you encounter any problems with League of Legends immediately after upgrading to Windows 10, make sure to run a repair first, to see if it resolves any problems. If not, try completing a full and clean re-installation as well.
- If all else fails, make sure to submit a ticket! This way we can easily track any compatibility issues that may occur with Windows 10. Make sure to include the following in your ticket as well:
Lastly, if you are experiencing any issues, make a post with the following information filled out:
Operating System: Windows 10Should you run into issues, be sure to post in this thread.
Between Two Turrets - Chat with Morello
Morello, who has been working on an R&D project, is currently on the boards hosting a Q&A as part of the latest edition of Between Two Turrets!
"Welcome to the latest installment of Between Two Turrets, a new Q&A series from the NA Community team in which we'll connect you with various Rioters to chat about League, life, and anything in between. You can expect an installment every couple weeks or so, with Rioters from all over jumping in to spend some time with you on the boards.
This week, we've got game designer Morello!
My name's Ryan Scott, and I work as part of the design team at Riot. Previously, I served as League's Lead Champion Designer for a couple years, then as a member of the design leadership team more broadly. These days, I'm working on an R&D project, which is part of why I've not been able to answer LoL questions as much or engage in the topical issues. Still, I wanted to use this chance to get back out talking with folks and come up for air a bit (I missed you guys <3).
I know there will be a lot of questions about what exactly "R&D" means at Riot. While you're of course free to ask anything, I've obviously gotta be a bit stingy with the details. I can potentially field very broad philosophy or "why" questions, but "what" and "how" (and especially "when!") are things I won't really be able to address.
As for non-Riot stuff, I play a ton of games in a lot of genres - video and physical. I've been spending a lot of time lately in CS:GO Ranked (SO close to AK!), a bunch of board games with the likes of Meddler, FeralPony, Reinboom, VitzKreig and Ezreal, and catching up on some Rogue-likes and other random smaller titles during the summer release lull. I have two Corgis, Professor Phineas T. Wigglebutts, and Ruby Evangelyne McNubbins. I'll try to get some pics in because Corgis > Morello. I'm also into UFC, go to Disneyland with my wife far too often, and like to drown myself in Mexican food and waterparks.
I do like the "anything" in the ask me anything theory, so feel free to ask personal or non-LoL-related stuff if interested. I'm pretty forthcoming and don't mind sharing things about my personal or professional life, or just discuss the nerf patches with old NMST :)
It's been awhile, community. I'm excited to chat for a bit - let's have at it!"Got questions for Morello? Hop on over to the boards and submit them now that the Q&A is underway!
Battle and Brawl: Black Market Brawlers Show MatchWith the new Black Market Brawlers featured game mode coming out with Bilgewater: Burning Tides ACT THREE, don't forget to check out the GANK vs IKS showmatch on July 31st!
"Cutthroat casters, plundering former pros, and rambunctious Rioters will face-off on the LCS stage at noon PDT on July 31 in a Black Market Brawlers showmatch.
WHAT’S BLACK MARKET BRAWLERS?
Black Market Brawlers (BMB) is a new game mode where Runeterra’s biggest black market takes over Summoner’s Rift. You can purchase new illegal items and recruit new brawler minions straight from Bilgewater to fight on your behalf. For tips on how to play BMB, check out some tips from the veterans of the criminal haven.
Before the showmatch, our EU LCS on-air team will provide plundering pre- and post-match analysis, host highlights, breakdown the team matchups, and review some scourging strategies.
WHAT ARE THE TEAMS?
International Kraken Society
- James “Skippy” Patterson
- Joshua “KittyStomper” Leesman
- Abe “MeyeBabe” Nguyen
- David “PhLeak” Turley
- Aidan “SaltyDoge” Moon
Gangsters Against Nice Kids
- Nicholas “2CrayCray” Wu Smith
- Sam “KingKobe” Hartman-Kenzler
- Clark “CrayCray” Smith
- JD “NotoriousGG” Wu
- Rivington “Roughington” Bisland III
WHAT’S ON THE LINE?
The winners will live another day as clandestine leaders of the foulest districts of Bilgewater. Fallen foes will become deader than sea scum stuck to the bottom of the Slaughter Docks.
HOW DO I CATCH ALL THE ACTION?
Watch the battle for dominance of Bilgewater and Summoner’s Rift on Friday, July 31 at noon PDT.