With 5.10 heading out to live, today's update starts the 5.11 PBE cycle! The first update in the new cycle includes new skins for Anivia, Cho'Gath, Renekton, updates to Twisted Treeline &Crystal Scar, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
- New Skins
- Cross Map Consistency pass - updates to Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar
- Balance Changes
"Hold on to your buffs!" - To kick off the 5.11 PBE cycle we have three new Prehistoric themed skins for Anivia, Cho'Gath, and Renekton!
Here's Riot Katey Khaos with a PBE bugs & feedback thread for the three Prehistoric skins:
""They don’t even look scary – more like six foot toys."
"Okay, try to imagine yourself on Summoner’s Rift. You get your first look at these ‘six foot toys’ as you enter mid or top lane. In mid, Prehistoric Anivia moves like a bird, lightly bobbing her head and arms. And you keep still in top lane because you think that maybe Prehistoric Renekton’s Slice is based on movement like Kalista's Sentinels – he’ll lose you if you don’t move. Then there’s Prehistoric Cho’Gath. You stare at him and he just stares right back. And that’s when the Feast comes – not from the front, but from the side."
This Prehistoric trio consists of Anivia, Renekton and Cho’Gath!
Cho’Gath – 750 RP
- New model and texture!
- Quality of life particles for his Rupture (Q) and Vorpal Spikes (E)!
Anivia – 750 RP
- New model and texture!
- New Rebirth (Eggnivia!) model!
Renekton - 750 RP
- New model and texture!
These guys (and gril ;D) are now available to play on PBE! We always find bug reports and feedback super helpful, so feel free to comment in the thread below! Likewise, if you've got any questions, post 'em here, and we'll do our best to answer them!
*Prices on PBE are subject to change."
[There are a TON of changes here! Read carefully! Most of it is in today's update but Riot Nekomaru noted all the changes should be up on the PBE for testing by the end of the week. ]
Here's JxE with a look at a ton of changes coming to Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar maps!
We have some more updates to our other maps to conclude our Cross Map Consistency Pass. Here’s some of the changes you’ll see going up on PBE soon.
Gameplay Changes; The Black Mist Arrives:
After chatting with some of the most dedicated Twisted Treeline players (shoutouts to Koella and everyone else for their awesome posts!) we found some opportunities to make some phantasmic gameplay changes to Twisted Treeline to improve the experience.
Jungle; Smite & Ignite:
The meta currently favors a duo lane, because it’s too easy for them to fast push and invade the jungler to deny their farm. Camps now spawn 5 seconds sooner, start at level 2 and have slightly less health and deal less damage. Yes, this means you can jungle again.
Vilemaw; Like a Spiderboss :
Currently Vilemaw is undervalued and only taken when there are no other available objectives. He can also be solo'd through some loopholes. To solve this problem we’ve increased Vilemaw’s health and decreased his damage. Damage over time should remain roughly the same, but this will create a window for other teams to react.
Killing Vilemaw now lets you summon the darkness and lead a legion of ghost minions to swarm the enemy base. Players will enhance nearby allied minions (allied minions gain increased combat stats, MS, and briefly terrify enemy minions) Champions will also cross over to an other realm and become “ghosted”.
Finally, we added a Vilemaw timer to the tab menu and an epic monster healthbar to Vilemaw.
Altar changes; Only Spirits Should Be Hidden:
We’ve changed a few of the altar buffs to be more meaningful and to have more visible power. The first altar buff will give a movement speed bonus to your team, the second one will restore player’s max health on minion/monster kills which should help teams siege towers for longer and end the game faster.
Tower changes; More Things To Kill!
We’ve added a third low health turret to lanes to give teams an early treat to grab. This should also help reset minion waves sooner and smooth out early game flow. We’ve also tweaked the health and damage of all turrets. Early turrets should be easy to destroy while your Nexus turret won’t die from a couple of sneaky super minions in your base.\
New Trinket; Call Down The Reckoning:
Not having wards on Twisted Treeline adds a level a fear you would expect from the shadow isles, but it also means squishier champions have a hard time taking objectives without knowledge of enemy locations. We’ve taken the Hextech Sweeper active and turned it into a trinket (Note, not the passive, so traps won’t be revealed) We’re hoping this gives our players who are sensitive to hidden presences a chance to uncover the enemy so they can safely get objectives.
Because of that we’ve removed the Vision items on the map as they’re not needed anymore:
Grez’s Lantern, Hextech Sweeper and Lightbringer have been removed
Item changes to both Dominion and Twisted Treeline; Make Them Bleed:
Lord Van Damm’s Pillager now has Lightbringer’s passive and no longer has IE crit bonus
Overlord’s Bloodmail - Builds out of Crystalline Bracer, price has been reduced and now has HP regen
Map & Art Changes; Gnomes Weren’t Spooky:
We’ve continued to skin some of the art from Summoner’s Rift to match our other maps and bring some consistency between them. Check out these screenshots for more details.
New structures on TT:
Crystal Scar Texture and Color Update:
If you discover any bugs, please post them here!
TL;DR of changes mentioned above:
- Jungle camps spawn 5 seconds earlier, start at lvl 2, and have less health + deal less damage
- Vilemaw has more HP and deals less damage, damage over time should be same.
- Killing Vilemaw gives a new buff that buffs nearby allied minions (combat stats, movespeed, and they terrify enemy minions). Champions also become "ghosted"
- Altar bonuses changed - first buff gives movespeed bonus, second buff restore player's max health on minion and monster kills.
- A third low health turret has been added to lanes.
- Health and damage of all turrets tweaked
- New trinket for Twisted Treeline, has Hextech Sweeper active (NOT passive)
- Item changes
- Several visual improvements including new golem texture, new structures for towers, inhib, & nexus, new loading screen, updated minions.
- Map textures and colors have been updated
- Now uses updated minions from the SR update
- New loading screen
While number and balance changes can be found in the Balance section, here's another look at some of the visual changes for the maps:
New loading screens for Crystal Scar, Twisted Treeline, and the Tutorial.
Skin UpdatesSandstorm Ekko has received a few more texture tweaks in today's update, including minor design and color changes to his vest, lighting up his hair, a brighter green on his gauntlet, and more.
- A "SRU_Porowl" critter has been added to Summoner's Rift. All shall bow to the Porowl.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Parallel Convergence (W) tooltip now reads maximum damage vs minions and monsters reduced to 150 from 400
- [Note: This is just a tooltip change, 5.10 Ekko will have this already.]
- [The tentative rework we first saw during the 5.10 PBE cycle is back!]
- Total Cost: 2500 Gold
- Recipe: Amp Tome + Ruby Crystal + Negatron Cloak + 815g
- New Stats & Effects:
- +40 Ability Power
- +250 Health
- +60 Magic Resist
- Unique Passive: Every 2 seconds emanates a pulse dealing 40 (+2 per champion level) magic damage to nearby enemy champions and reduces their magic resist by 5% for 6 seconds (stacking up to 6 times, up to 30%)
- [This experimental item back on the PBE for more testing, although we've been told it is not actively being worked on.]
- Now a TT exclusive Trinket.
- UNIQUE Active - Hunter's Sight: A stealth-detecting mist grants vision in the target area for 5 seconds, revealing enemy champions that enter for 3 seconds (120 second cooldown).
- [Note: Active also detects traps]
- Controlling 1 Altar now grants "+10% Movement Speed" instead of "+3 gold per kill"
- Controlling 2 Altars now grants "Restore 3% of you Maximum Health on minion and monster kill instead" of [+10% Bonus AD and +10% Ability Power]
- Health increased to 5500 from 3500
- Rather than his old buff of +increased damage, on death Vilemaw now gives players a buff that allows them to ignore unit collision and applies "Too Spooky" to nearby minions.\ and "ghosts" them.
- "This unit is too spooky! It has increased movement speed, attack damage, attack speed, armor, magic resist, and fears enemy minions that get too close"
- In addition to armor and magic resist, Vilemaw's attacks now debuff targets attack speed.
- Gold value increased by 3
- [Context: This increase is to make up for the Altar change!]
- Base HP reduced to 1240 from 1440
- Base damage reduced to 70 from 73
- Gold increased to 69 from 66
- Base HP reduced to 480 from 540
- Base Damage reduced to 33 from 35
- Gold Increased to 21 from 18
- Base HP lowered to 1050 from 1200
- Base damage lowered to 52 from 55
- Gold increased to 45 from 42
- Base HP reduced to 230 from 250
- Base damage lowered to 18 from 20
- Gold increased to 15 from 12
- Base HP reduced to 1120 from 1320
- Base damage reduced to 40 from 42
- Gold increased to 51 from 48
- Base HP reduced to 390 from 420
- Base damage lowered to 15 from 16
- Gold increased to 17 from 14
- [NOTE: A third turret is being added to lanes but it is not in today's update.]
- [ Looks like most turrets received an increase to armor but a reduction to damage. Gold and xp from kill reduced.]
Twisted Treeline & Crystal Scar items
Lord Van Damm's Pillager [Twisted Treeline & Crystal Scar]
- NO LONGER has unique passive increasing critical strike damage to 250% from 200%
- New Unique Passive - Critical Strikes cause enemies to bleed for an additional 150% of bonus Attack Damage as magic damage over 3 seconds and reveal them for the duration.
Overlord's Bloodmail [Twisted Treeline & Crystal Scar]
- Total cost now 2500g.
- Recipe changed to Giant's Belt + Crystalline Bracer + 900g.
- Health reduced to 800 from 850
- Now grants +100% base health regen.
Wicked Hatchet [Twisted Treeline & Crystal Scar]
- Bleed from unique passive is now magical damage instead of physical damage
Grez’s Lantern, Hextech Sweeper and Lightbringer