The PBE has been update! New stuff includes new FNATIC themed skins for Corki, Gragas, Janna, Jarvan IV, and Karthus, tentative changes to Nidalee and the Soraka rework, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
New FNATIC SkinsTo celebrate them as our Season One champions from back in 2011, we have a set of FIVE new FNATIC themed skins. Like the TPA and SKT T1 team skins, these will all be priced at 750 RP and share a splash art but that art is not on the PBE yet.
Fnatic Jarvan IV
[His little book has the Fnatic logo on it!]
and here's Nurse Flan with a bugs and feedback thread for the Season 1 Fnatic Skin set!
"Fnatic was the first to rise to the top in the first competitive season of League of Legends. xPeke, Shushei, CyanideFI, LamiaZealot and Mellisan, this is for you guys! :D
LET'S HEAR IT FOR FNATIC! Champions they have used in their climb to the top are representing the team in their new digs! Check them out!
NOTE: We're aware their animations seem a little jittery, we'll be sure to clean that up :D
As players who get the first look at these in-progress skins, it would be wonderful to hear your thoughts and feelings on the Fnatic Set! The feedback and bugs you leave here will help us get a better idea of things we may still have to take a look at. :)
- Fnatic Karthus - He's got an awesome new Fnatic robe and a mini Champ's Cup on his staff!
- Fnatic Jarvan IV - Along with a new Fnatic outfit, he's got a new lance and a nice Fnatic fan flag on his (E) Demacian Standard!
- Fnatic Gragas - This dude gets to carry around the Champ's Cup! Does he remind you of anyone? :D He also get the cup "thunk!" sound after autoattacking with his (W) Drunken Rage! Note: We're working on getting the "thunk!" sound to play on tower hits, along with adding some tech to make that Champ Cup shiny! Hang tight!
- Fnatic Corki - He's got state if the art gaming gear on his aircraft, ready and able to win any game!
- Fnatic Janna - This lady has the most team spirit by having the Fnatic logo right on top of her staff!
See you on the Rift!"
Context on Nidalee ChangesHere's Riot Repertoir with context on the Nidalee changes in today's update!
Now that Nidalee has been out and about on the Live environment for awhile, we wanted to make some changes to her to address a few issues. There are all sorts of ideas floating around out there as to what to do about her, ranging from 'leave her alone' to 'please just delete her.' Not too surprisingly, I'm sure, we haven't opted for either of those, but here's what we have decided to do.
One of the paramount problems with Nidalee in from a playing against perspective is that she doesn't offer opponents meaningful windows during which they can put their guard down or feel like they have the upper hand, especially during the laning phase. Nidalee is intended to have short periods of time between Javelin Toss cooldowns where she is somewhat less dangerous, but when she builds primarily AD duelist items, that weakness seems like it's hardly there anymore. To that end, the approach we are taking is one that will hopefully help to emphasize her windows of strength and weakness, and we feel that moving her more toward the direction of AP or AP bruiser will help with that. AP builds almost always have lower power from basic attacks, so we think that if she can move a bit in that direction, she won't pose a such a high constant level of threat to opponents, particularly in the lane phase.
One final thing to note is that Nidalee is not exactly known for her incredible teamfighting capabilities, and a large contributor to that is that she actually offers opponents so many ways to play against her in a teamfight environment. As such, we've made a small change to the way the Pounce reset on Hunt works to give Nidalee players more consistent results on the mobility end when Hunting.
Here's the changelist you'll see playable on PBE today (9/11):
- Base Attack Damage reduced to 44 from 49
- Base Attack Speed reduced to 0.638 from 0.670
- Attack Damage ratio reduced to 0.8/2.0/2.67 from 1.0/2.5/3.33 (min/max/maxHunt)
- Ability Power ratio increased to 0.3/0.75/1.0 from 0.24/0.6/0.8 (min/max/maxHunt)
- Pounce cooldown reduction mechanic added to Hunted Pounce (removed from Hunted Swipe)
- Pounce cooldown reduction mechanics baseline effect increased to 1.5 seconds from 1.0
- Cooldown reduction mechanics on Pounce now affected by Nidalee's Cooldown Reduction stat
- No longer affects the cooldown of Pounce when used on a Hunted target
Feel free to check out the changes and let us know what you guys think.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
Be sure to check out the 4.17 Live Gameplay forecast for additional context some of the changes!
- Mirror Image (Passive) tooltip now reads she becomes invisible for 1 second instead of .5 seconds.
- Distortion (W) reactivate time increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds
- Vengeful Maelstrom (R) maximum bonus damage lowered to 150/200/250 from 200/250/300
[Context: Be sure to read Riot Repertoir's thread for more info!]
- Base AD lowered to 44 from 49
- Base Attack Speed lowered to 0.638 from 0.670
- Takedown (Cougar Q) attack damage ratio lowered to .8/2.0/2.67 from 1/2.5/3.33 (min/max/maxHunt)
- Takedown (Cougar Q) ability power ratio increased to .3/.75/1 from .24/.6/.8 (min/max/maxHunt)
- Pounce (Cougar W) cooldown reduction mechanic added to Hunted Pounce ( removed from Hunted Swipe)
- Pounce (Cougar W) cooldown reduction mechanic baseline effect inreased to 1.5 seconds from 1 second.
- Pounce (Cougar W) cooldown reduction mechanics on Pounce now affected by Nidalee's CDR.
- Swipe (Cougar E) no longer affects the cooldown of Pounce when used on a hunted target.
[Context: Soraka currently has a gameplay update testing on the PBE. The changes below are relative to that rework, not her current values on live.]
- Movement speed increased to 345 from 325
- Salvation (Passive) NO LONGER CONVERTS BONUS ARMOR AND MR INTO AP
- Salvation (Passive) now lists bonus movement speed range as 2500
- Starcall (Q) slow increased to 30/35/40/45/50% from 20/25/30/35/40%
- Astral Infusion (W) healing increased to 120/150/180/210/240 from 110/140/170/200/230
- Astral Infusion (W) self heal increased to 25/35/45/55/65 to 50/70/90/110/130 from 25/30/40/50/60 to 40/60/80/110/120
- Equinox (E) now deals damage both at the start and end of the ability.
- EACH instance of damage, at start and at end, is now 80/100/120/140/180 (+.4 AP)
- Wish (R) now notes it removes all instances of Grievous Wounds before healing.
- 9/9 PBE Update: Order of the Lotus Karma, Soraka Gameplay Update, Viktor Splash & Texture update.
- 9/10 PBE Update: Viktor Gameplay Update
Reminder: The Summoner's Rift update is currently on the PBE for testing!