The PBE has been updated! Viktor's gameplay update is fixed up and ready for action, the Summoner's Rift update is once again available for testing, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Viktor Gameplay Update
Let's take a look at his updated kit:
(Passive) Glorious Evolution
Viktor stars with the Prototype Hex Core that can be upgraded three times in the store to augment his abilities.
[ AP varies based on level. gives + 3 AP per level at first tier ]
[ The Perfect core grants +75 base AP and +6 AP per level as well as +500 Mana ]
Hex Core icons
After each upgrade you are prompted with a Kha'Zix style Augment point which you can use to upgrade whichever ability you prefer.
Additional notes on PASSIVE from Solcrushed's thread:
- Viktor starts with a Prototype Hex Core that he can upgrade 3 times for 1000 gold each. Each upgrade grants +25 AP, +150 Mana and +1 AP per level, cumulating in +75AP, +6 AP per level, +500 Mana for the Perfect Hex Core.
- Each upgrade will allow Viktor to augment one of his basic abilities and when Viktor has upgraded all 3, the Chaos Storm will be augmented also.
(Q) Siphon Power
Mana Cost: 45/50/55/60/65
Viktor blasts an enemy unit for 40/60/80/100/120 (+.2 AP) magic damage, granting him a 30/50/70/90/110 (+.2 AP) damage shield for 2.5 seconds. Viktor's next basic attack deals 15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50/60/70/80/90/110/130/160/190/220/250 + (+ .5 AP) bonus magic damage (The bonus damage scales with Viktor's level).
Augment - Turbochage: Viktor gains 30% Movement Speed for 2.5 seconds
Additional notes on Q from Solcrushed's thread:
- Range changed to use bounding boxes (Effectively 100 range increase)
- Cooldown changed to 10/8.5/7/5.5/4
- Damage reduced to 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.2AP)
- Empowered autoattack that deals 15~250 (depending on Viktor's level) (+0.5AP) bonus magic damage on next basic attack.
- NOTE: The entirety of the damage of the next basic attack is converted to magic (ex: Poppy Q)
- Shield amount changed to 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.2AP)
- Shield and speed boost (Augment) duration reduced to 2.5
- Shield, speed boost and empower all granted immediately upon cast
(W) Gravity Field
Mana Cost: 65 Mana
Viktor deploys a gravitational imprisonment device for 4 seconds, slowing enemy units by 28/32/36/40/44% and adding a stack every .5 seconds. At 3 stacks the target is stunned for 1.5 seconds.
Augment - Implosion: Enemies stunned by Gravity Field are dragged to the center.
[ Augmented W has a pulsing blue ring in center ]
Additional notes on W from Solcrushed's thread:
- Range increased to 700
- Particle starts playing as soon as Viktor starts cast, time between start of cast and enemy being slowed is unchanged
- Stunned enemies are no longer affected by the slow
(E) Death Ray
Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110
Viktor uses his robotic arm to fire a chaos beam that cuts across the field in a line, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+ .7 AP) magic damage to every enemy in its path.
Augment - Aftershock: An explosion follows the Death Ray's wake, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+ .7 AP) magic damage. Enemies already hit by Death Ray will take 40% damage
[ Augmented E follow up explosions]
Additional notes on E from Solcrushed's thread:
- Augment Explosion missile speed significantly faster than the original laser
(R) Chaos Storm
Mana Cost: 100
Viktor conjures a singularity at the target location, dealing 150/250/350 (+ .55 AP ) magic damage and interrupting enemy channels.
Viktor can redirect the singularity for 7 seconds, causting 30/60/90 (+ .2 AP ) magic damage every second to nearby enemies. The singularity will move slower as it attempts to move farther away from Viktor.
Augment - Velocity: Chaos Storm Moves 20% faster.
Additional notes on R from Solcrushed's thread:
- Cast time reduced to 0.25 (from 0.33)
- Cooldown reduced to 120/110/100
- Radius of initial impact increased to 325 (from 250)
- Radius of DOT zone reduced to 325 (from 350)
- Storm always moves at maximum speed when moving towards Viktor
- DOT damage changed to 30/60/90 (+0.2AP)
- DOT damage interval now 0.5 seconds (from 0.25)
- No longer silences on impact, interrupts channels instead
Now here's a look at his gameplay update and his texture updates in action!
Full Machine Viktor
While he didn't receive a texture update, Creator Viktor also retains his own versions of each of the updated Viktor particles. Here's a full set for reference.
[Q auto attack enhance]
Have thoughts you want to share on the Viktor update? Check out Solcrushed's feedback thread!
"Are you excited for the Glorious Evolution? We will be collecting your feedback here to make it easy for everyone.
Below are some central points of feedback that we are most interested in but feel free to offer others!
When you give feedback, please state the extent of your familiarity with Viktor
(Plays often, has played once or twice, never played) as I am very interested in what effects the changes have on players of differing familiarity level.
- How do you feel about his abilities working with each other, do they have a natural flow to them?
- How enticing are the augments in various points in the game? When / what do you think is the best time / order to upgrade them?
- Do you notice an improvement in the usability of Chaos Storm? / How does Chaos Storm feel to use for you as a player new to Viktor?
- Is the empowered attack's damage on Siphon Power adequate during throughout the game? If not, when does it feel out of line?
- Do you feel a noticeable power spike at a certain point in the game? If so, when do you feel it?"
Don't forget to check out the 9/9 PBE Update, which includes:
- New Viktor Splash Art
- Texture Updates for Viktor, Full Machine Viktor, Prototype Viktor
- New Ability Icons
Soraka Rework Feedback Thread9/9 PBE update, Vesh has also whipped up a feedback thread for Soraka's rework!
"Sorry this took so long to get up.
Please leave all feedback about the Soraka changes here! We're especially interested in how different costs feel (mana especially) and how safe vs useful you feel at various points in the game."
For more details on Soraka's rework, see this post!
Summoner's Rift Update is backThe Summoner's Rift update is back up and ready for more testing!
Crowd Control Fix Bug ThreadHere's Bozzar with info on some crowd control related bug fixes that are currently testing on PBE!
We've got a pretty major bugfix planned a few patches in the future (we're hoping 4.18), but wanted to get coverage on it as soon as possible. A TLDR of what we're doing:
Since launch, there's been an issue with overlapping crowd-control abilities where if a champion was affected by multiple CCs they could use abilities after the first CC wore off (even if they were still CCed by others). Meaning they could Flash even while stunned or silenced.
A better way to explain through Cho'Gath: when he was comboing his Rupture + Feral Scream on an opponent, they'd get double debuffed with a knockup (Rupture) and a silence (Feral Scream). After the Rupture debuff wore off - even if they were still silenced - Cho's victims could flash away due to this bug.
It's a little complicated but the end result for you guys is that stacking crowd-control abilities on someone will be far more reliable than it currently is. There are a few fringe abilities still doing this (tracking them right now!), but if any of you run into issues with CCs, please feel free to let us know. Thanks! "
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
[Reminder, Soraka currently has a gameplay update testing on the PBE. The changes below are relative to that rework, not her current values on live.]
- Equinox (E) mana cost lowered to 60 at all ranks from 80 at all ranks.
- Viktor currently has a gameplay update testing on the PBE!
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the new content in this PBE cycle or catch up with the links below !