Continue reading for a look at the results for the IEM World Champs, an update on Promise's Situation, and more!
- [NA] After a break this week, the NA LCS will return for week 9 on Saturday, March 22nd
- [EU] After a break this week, the EU LCS will return for week 9 on Thursday, March 20th.
- [All] IEM World Championships, an international event with a $150k on the line, wrapped this weekend with the following results:
- 1st - KT Rolster Bullets
- 2nd - Fnatic
- 3rd - Cloud 9 and Gambit Gaming
- VODs and an event overview can be found here.
- [KR] During a broadcast of OGN Masters, the president of KeSPA announced that the OGN Master's tournament would be an automatic qualification spot for the Korean Regionals towards a spot at the Season 4 World Finals.
Team News & Roster Changes
- [OCE] Dignitas picked up a new team in OCE! Full details can be found over on their website.
Promise's Health and Situation
A lot of you have been asking about what the situation is with former AHQ-Korea member Promise and his current health. Since this is a complicated and tragic turn of events, I'd like to offer a brief overview of the situation as it's a more serious situation than we are used to in our typical scene news.
First and foremost, Promise is recovering and no longer in critical condition. He has been talking and regained a lot of mobility in his left hand but doctors say he will need approximately three months of recovery before they re-evaluate his condition.
Here's a quick breakdown of the events that unfolded:
- AHQ-Korea's manager was betting against his own team and coercing them to throw games purposefully. He would threaten team members to keep them with the team. Shady acts continued until it reached a peak and the team disbanded after winning no games in OGN.
- One of the members, Promise, blew the whistle on the whole situation in a Facebook post and attempted to take his own life.
- A manhunt is currently underway in Korea for the former manager. Betting of this nature is considered highly illegal and both KeSPA and the police are involved.
If you'd like to show your support and donate to help Promise's recovery, here's a link to the fundraiser.
On a personal note, if you're ever thinking about doing something drastic like taking your own life TALK TO SOMEONE. There's plenty of people here who will listen to you in our community. Here are some other resources if you don't feel comfortable talking online: