The PBE has been updated! New stuff includes Super Galaxy Rumble's Login screen & music, a Fist Bump Ward Skin, Lee Sin W changes, and oodles of other tentative balance changes!
Continue reading to check out the latest PBE content!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Super Galaxy Rumble Login
|This is the still image for Super Galaxy Rumble's Login Screen, presumably matching his splash art.|
We've just enabled the Super Galaxy Rumble login screen for testing! This guy is a bit long and also has some new tech:
If you've got any feedback for us let us know below, we'd love to add some more challenges to our challenge collection!"
- After first login it will start from the looping portion (with an option to replay the intro of course!)
- Disabling Menu Animations and re-enabling will also skip to the looping portion, so not to spam you with flashy sound effects.
New Ward SkinA brand new ward skin was included in today's update!
Fist Bump Ward Skin
( no RP price listed )
[4.5 ] The Changes to the Lee Sin Changes
Here's Statikk with more info on today's tentative changes to Lee Sin's W:
Statikk here - after reading your feedback on our Lee Sin changes (and after tons of internal discussions), we’ve decided to hold off moving forward with the majority of the changes for now. We still believe in the core philosophy behind the changes, but let’s talk about what we’re sticking with and why.
First, we’re no longer doing the changes that were directed towards shifting some of Lee’s early game power and moving that power towards late game in the upcoming patch. To be clear, our analysis of the situation remains the same: champions who have overly dominant early game power seem to be actively reducing champion diversity, especially at the competitive level. We’d like to continue to collect more data and feedback though to re-check 1) if this is true and 2) if there are other potential alternatives to help solve champion diversity.
Second, we’ll still be addressing Safeguard when used on wards and minions. Currently, Lee Sin makes very little tradeoffs in these situations and, with enough mechanical skill, Safeguard essentially becomes a free-target dash. In order to maintain the big playmaking ability of Safeguard while also ensuring there are different optimal use cases, we’re planning on the following changes (and these changes only):
• Increased base cooldown
• Cooldown is now reduced by 50% if cast on an allied champion (including himself) - this is lower than the current Cooldown on Live
• No longer grants a shield if he dashes to a non-champion unit
• Shield duration slightly reduced
• Duration slightly reduced
Essentially, we’re buffing Safeguard when used on allied champions but nerfing it when used otherwise (the duration changes are necessary to keep the total uptime of these spells in-line). This means that Lee Sin should feel extremely mobile and rewarded for his teamwork with allied champions, but still have the ability to initiate or escape on his own when he really needs to.
I’ve heard a lot of general concern on power curves and champion diversity and how we may be over-homogenizing the game, so I'd like to clarify our perspective here. We like champions with unique power curves, they provide awesome experiences and give LoL more strategic options. Our concerns lie in power curves that are so extreme that they effectively shut out the viability and diversity of large subset of other champions in the game. We’re working on getting these thoughts in front of you faster and earlier so we can have real conversations and less surprises about the changes we want to make.
Once again, we may ultimately ending up going forward with the rest of the Lee Sin changes in a future patch if it is appropriate or we might not. We're perfectly okay with being wrong, especially here where we feel we have to make changes to an already amazing champion. Hopefully you guys better understand where we are coming from here, and as always thanks for all your guys' input."
- H-28G Evolution Turret ( Q ) :
- Health increased to .55 AP from .5 AP
- Attack - Cannon: Damage changed to 12/18/23/29/34 ( .15 AP) from 15/22/29/36/42 ( .125 AP )
- Attack - Beam damage changed to 40/60/80/105/130 (.55 AP ) from 50/75/100/125/150 ( .5 AP )
- Help, Pix! ( E ) damage on enemy cast reduced to 80/110/140/170/200 from 80/130/180/230/280
- Help, Pix! ( E ) enemy cast vision gain reduced to 4 seconds from 5.
- Help, Pix! ( E ) ally cast shield now specifies only ally champions get shields ( can still cast on whatever )
- Help, Pix! ( E ) ally cast shield duration reverted to 6 from 5 seconds.
- Whimsy ( W ) movement speed ratio reverted to .1 from .07
- [Context: Revert to a previous change]
[ Context: While also linked above, see this post for more information on today's Lee Sin Changes ]
- Safeguard ( W ) cooldown increased to 14 seconds at all ranks from 9 seconds at all ranks
- Safeguard ( W ) shield duration lowered to 4 seconds from 5 seconds.
- Safeguard ( W ) no longer grants a shield if he dashes to a non-champion unit.
- Safeguard ( W ) cooldown is reduced by 50% ( to 7.5 from 14 ) if cast on ally or self ( tool tip incorrect)
- Iron Will ( 2nd W ) bonus lifesteal and spell vamp duration reduced to 4 seconds from 5 seconds.
[Reminder: Rengar has a full rework on the PBE. These changes are relative to the rework values, not live. ]
- Bola Strike ( E ) range reduced to 1000 from 1100
- Thrill of the Hunt ( R ) stealthed movement speed reduced to 15% from 20%
- Thrill of the Hunt ( R ) breaking stealth movement speed bonus decreased to 25/35/45% from 30/40/50%
- Crushing Blow ( Q ) armor reduction lowered to 10/15/20/25/30% from 30% at all ranks
- Cyclone ( R ) AD ratio reduced to 1.1 total AD from 1.2 total AD.
- Base HP reverted to 390 from 350
- Base Attack Range reduced to 550 from 575
Bone Tooth Necklace
- All the icons have been updated. There is also now a GREEN Variation for the non Summoner's Rift maps.
Here's each color and icon combo.
Spirit of the Elder Lizard
- Butcher - monster damage bonus reduced to 20% from 30%
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Catch up with the links below or check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the balance changes currently in this PBE cycle!