The PBE has been updated! Today's new goodies include several new Snowdown summoner icons, Vintage loading screens for the All-Star skins ( which won't return to live until June 2014 ), Yasuo's unique taunts being enabled, and more!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
[ Updated ] Snowdown Login Screen
and for those who requested a version with the login pane up:
Snowdown 2013 Summoner IconsWe are now privy to several new Snowdown summoner icons! No details yet on how summoners will earn these once they make it to live.
This summoner icon was also added, although it seems to not be as festive as the others.
World Cup Vintage Loading Screens
As as the Snowdown 2009/2010 and Winter Cup 2010 skins in previous PBE patches, the vintage edition load screens for the four World Cup skins popped up in this PBE patch.
REMEMBER: These skins will be returning in June 2014. See this post for more info.
Changes to End of Snowdown Match
( I didn't notice anything new or crazy cool in today's PBE update - might go right to live)
Here's BuffMePlz mentioning that they have made significant changes to "what happens" when a game of Snowdown ends:
"Yeah we've made significant changes to what happens when the game ends to make it feel more epic. I won't spoil the surprise here, but be sure to try it out when it goes live - you'll know it when you see it. =)"
[ Reminder ] Rune Pages and Mystery Champion Gifting
Here's Saberprivateer with more info on the new gift options currently testing on the PBE:
"Howdy Summoners from your friendly Unlock Team,
We've recently enabled Rune Page Gifting and Gifting a Mystery Champion on PBE. Please let us know what you think and if there are any suggestions.
FYI: For Mystery Champion: Similar to Mystery Skin your friend must have a pool of at least 10 champions available in order for it to work.
Yasuo Unique TauntsMost of the unique taunts we heard in Yasuo's VO are now hooked up in game
He has three special taunts for any of the League's Ninjas - Akali, Zed, Shen, and Kennen
- "Scurry back to your shadows ninja."
- "Ninjas... I hate those guys."
- "Cute mask.. Your, uh, mom sew that?"
He also has three special taunts mocking Master Yi.
- "Nice... sword... boots?"
- "Wuju? Hmph! Never heard of it."
- "Wuju? No, I wouldn't."
He IS still missing several special taunts and interactions for Riven.
- "Which weighs more, Riven? Your blade, or your past?"
- "Everyone faces a reckoning, Riven."
- "You can't run from yourself, Riven... I've tried."
- "Broken sword. Broken spirit."
- "Huh, three swift strikes."
- "Wait, that technique... ."
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Catch up with the links below or check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the balance changes currently in this PBE cycle!
- 11/22 PBE Update - Yasuo!
- 11/22 PBE Update ( Cont ) - Anivia TU
- 11/25 PBE Update - High Noon Yasuo and New skins for Lulu and Singed
- 11/26 PBE Update - Snowstorm Sivir
- 11/27 PBE Update - Balance Changes
- 12/2 PBE Update - WW Lulu Polymorph
- 12/3 PBE Update - New Icons, Summoner Icons, "Firstblood" resources
- 12/5 PBE Issues and Rollback
- 12/6 PBE "Update" - Features Rollback, High Noon Yasuo Splash, and S3 Ward
- 12/6 PBE Update - Yasuo Login and Loadscreens for Snow Day Singed and Snowstorm Sivir.
- 12/7 PBE Update - S3 Ward Skin and Winter Wonder Lulu, Snow Day Singed, and Snowstorm Sivir Splashes