( Warning: PBE content is tentative and iterative. What you see below may not be representative of what will be pushed to live servers. )
New Item: Orb of Winter
A new item called "Orb of Winter" popped up this patch.
Orb of Winter
- Total Cost: 2080
- 70 MR
- 20 HP5
- UNIQUE Passive: Grants a shield that absorbs up to 30 (+20 per level) damage. The shield will refresh after 9 seconds without receiving damage.
Xypherous confirmed it is an ARAM exclusive item.
"You are correct in that this item is for Howling Abyss as an option against poke-heavy compositions.
Nome will be watching the power level of the item on HA and release.Backend Chat Changes
However, to be fair - my current plans are aiming at retuning a lot of MR items for 3.10 - so hopefully those go well. Current idea being that the effectiveness of MR is probably where it needs to be - but everything about the build up and the clarity of the items just makes all of them feel really bad"
A few chat changes have been included in this PBE patch.
Here is Riot Azmodius with the details:
We’ve been working on some small backend changes to Buddy Chat (specifically, we mean chatting with a friend in the client, but not within chat rooms) and will be deploying those changes with today’s patch to PBE. There shouldn't be many obvious changes, but we want to make sure that the quality of life improvements do not affect the ability to chat with a friend. If you have a few minutes to jump in and chat with a friend on PBE, please let us know if you spot any bugs or issues that we should look into.Balance Changes:
Your feedback will help us continue to make improvements to this feature, so thank you for taking time to check it out and report anything you see here on the PBE forums!
- Sigil of Silence ( Q ) AP ratio reduced to .4 AP from .5 AP.
- Sigil of Silence ( Q ) mark damage changed to 55/80/105/130/155 from 55/85/105/130/155.
- Mana Charge now grants 8 ( 10 on Crystal Scar ) mana per cast up from 6.
- ( Summoner's Rift ) Mana charge Cooldown is now 2 times per 8 seconds down from flat 3 second cooldown.
- ( Crystal Scar ) Mana charge Cooldown is now 2 times per 6 seconds from flat 3 second cooldown.
- Mana Charge now grants 4 ( 8 on Crystal Scar ) maximum mana up from 3.
- ( Crystal Scar ) Mana charge Cooldown is now 2 times per 6 seconds down from 3 seconds flat.
- Mana charge now grants 4 ( 5 on Crystal Scar ) maximum mana up from 3.
- ( Summoner's Rift ) Mana charge cooldown is now 2 times every 8 seconds from 3 seconds flat.
- ( Crystal Scar ) Mana charge cooldown is now 2 times every 6 seconds from 3 seconds flat.
As requested, you can find a comprehensive list of balance changes included in this PBE cycle by visiting our new "Current PBE Balance Changes" page.
Miss one of the previous updates this PBE cycle? No worries, we got you covered!