( Warning! This is a LEAK! Everything in here is subject to change and nothing is set in stone. )
I get lots of emails every day. A few of them tell me how cool the blog is, others tell me about emerging news, and the rest of them usually tell me about the legions of typos that plague my blog posts. Sometimes though, I get a special emails. I happened to receive a special email yesterday containing some information on a rework for Heimerdinger.
|The closest most players will get to Doran's Workshop.|
My special email was from someone inside DW, someone with access to all of this delicious work in progress information and someone who decided to share it.
|A Screen Cap of DW's testing forum which contains a lot of the QoL, Buff, and Playtest threads. I wouldn't over examine this if I were you.|
While all those forum topics and QoL threads are interesting, they are not the main focus of this particular blog post. That honor is reserved for a screen cap of a specific post, a post that happens to contain information on the long awaited Heimerdinger rework!
|The revised kit retains the same three core ( although obviously more fancy! ) ablities and a similar "MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER" ult. Click here for a bigger version.|
Here is a recap of the image's contents:
Base Statistics:We've known FeralPony and Xypherous been chugging away at a Heimerdinger rework for months and if you search for "Heimer" in these EUW and EUNE posts, you can see small inklings about the planned changes - smarter turrets, grenade speed, turrets and his ult being the primary focus of the remake, and changes to all of his abilities, yet no completely new ones. All of these posts mesh with the above rework, but my source assures me that they are only about midway through tweaking his kit ( numbers, ratios, ranges, whatever ). For the millionth time, I'd also utilize this time to remind you these changes are not final or concrete in anyway. As evidence of how dramatically prototype information can change, I submit the difference Shurelia's Evelynn prototype, a game designer who has since left Riot, and the actual Evelynn rework that was recently revealed.
* Move speed now 310 from 300.
* Mana per level now 40 from 65
* Mana Regen now .6 per level from 0.65
* Health Regen now .6 per level from .55
Passive - Magnetic Salvage
* Remade: Every 4 nearby minion deaths, minions drop scrap. Scrap can be picked up to restore 25-65 mana and reduce his cool downs by one second.
H29 Evolution Turrets
* Remade: Turrets now have both a short range machine gun attack and a long range skillshot energy blast attack. Turrets require ammo to function and can be recharged by standing near them.
* Turret health rescaled to 100 ( +0.15 AP) from 260 + 15 per heimerdinger level.
* Turrets now gain 3 armor and MR per Heimerdinger level.
* Turret placement range increased to 450 from 250.
* Turret base damage reduced to 24/30/36/42/48 (+.015 ap )
* Turret attack speed reduced to .9 from 1.
* Turret sight radius decreased by 33%
* Turret Range reduced to 450 from 550.
* Mana cost fixed to 80 from 70/80/90/100/110
* Maximum parts are 1/1/2/2/3 from 2/2/2/2/2
* Part Recharge Timer is 26/22/18/14/10 from 20
* Turrets now have an alternate attack : Energy Blast that fires every 9 seconds ( reducable by CDR )
* Energy Blasts do 72/90/108/126/144(+.45) with 200 AoE and have 850 range.
* Placed Turrets have 80% of the energy blast charge.
* Turrets now have ammo which is reduced every shot. Ammo can be recharged by standing near turrets.
* Turret maximum increased to 3.
* Turret AI overhauled.
Hextech Starburst Rockets
* Remade: Now fires a circle of 10 rockets that fly towards your cursor. Units can be hit by more than one rocket
* Rockets now do 40/65/90/115/140(+.3) from 40/60/80/100/120(+.4)
* Rockets now have 40% damage fall off, down from 50%
* Rockets Minimum damage is now 20% up from 15%
* Mana Cost now 80/90/100/110/120 from 60/70/80/90/100
CH-2 Electron Burst Grenade
* Missle Speed increased to 1000 from 800.
* Stun Radius increased to 200 from 190.
* Total Radius increased to 350 from 40.
* Now no longer blinds, instead it slows by 40%
* Durrection oc CC effect now 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2
* Evolution Turret within 450 range of the blast zone are healed for damage grenade would deal, get full ammo, and gain 80% of energy blast charge.
* Mana cost now 80/90/100/110/120 from 60/70/80/90/100
* Remade: Now Overtime!!! makes your next spell free and greatly increases the effectiveness of that spell
* Passive still grants 10/15/20% Cooldown reduction based on level.
* Mana cost is now 150/125/100
* Cooldown is now 100/80/60
* Makes Next spell free
* Greatly magnifies the effect of your next spell.
* H-29 Turrets: Places 3 turrets in a fan pattern.
* Starburst Rockets : Launches 3 waves of 10 missles each.
* Ch-2 Electron Burst Grenade: Launches 5 grenades in a cross pattern.
So what should the community do with this new, very hush hush knowledge? Nothing! You should enjoy it for what it is and hope that it survives testing long enough to make it to live. If you took the time to read the beginning of the post, you saw that I mentioned that DW was a place for tentative and experimental changes. Anything and everything could change between now and whenever Riot feels comfortable releasing details about the new kit.
So, if this information is sooo sensitive, why even bother to share it? I'm sharing it because I think it's cool. I think it's really cool. It's probably one of the most interesting remakes we've seen yet. They took Heimer, a notoriously hard to balance and certainly underplayed champion, and made him more awesome while retaining the same flavor and play style he currently has. The new ultimate alone gives him a ludicrous amount of viability and utility - sustained damage, burst damage, or an AoE CC.
On the morality of the secretive PTR being cracked open, I generally feel leaks can be fun and they can show whats coming down the pipeline, instilling hope and renewing the interest of the community. I've never been reserved about posting them before, but I did mull over releasing this one for a while. In the end I came to the decision to post it because it's what I would like to read about as a player.