The PBE has been updated! As we continue the 7.5 PBE cycle, tonight's update includes splash art for Dragon Sorceress Zyra and Dragonslayer Xin Zhao, several tentative balance changes, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and subject to change - what you see below may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers at the end of the cycle! Manage your expectations accordingly.)
Table of Contents
- New Skin Splash Art
- Skin Tweaks
- Dragonslayer Xin Zhao login theme
- Balance Changes
- Notes and Context
New Skin Splash ArtThe splash art for the new Zyra and Xin Zhao skins are included in today's update!
Dragon Sorceress Zyra
Dragonslayer Xin Zhao
Dragonslayer Xin Zhao Login ThemeWe also have a new login theme featuring Dragonslayer Xin Zhao!
Skin TweaksDragon Sorceress Zyra has received changes to her passive and W egg colors:
From KateyKhaos on PBE boards:
"UPDATE - February 24th: We're making changes to her passive and (W) eggs to better differentiate them, both from each other, but also from Syndra orbs. You'll see a WIP version on the next PBE deploy. These are not final, especially the colors, so please hold your feedback until the final assets are in. :)"Passive:
- The experimental Legend of the Poro King: Portal Party mode is now on the PBE for testing! This mode is like normal LotPK except randomly teleportation portals spawn all over the map. More information [here].
- Ququroon has updated a few of the simple recalls for older champions on the PBE!
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn't make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
- "Exhausts target enemy champion, reducing their Movement Speed by 30%, and their damage dealt by 40% for 2.5 seconds."
- No longer reduced attack speed by 30%
- No longer reduced armor and MR by 10
Bond of Stone
- [reworked- context]
"Gain 5% total health.
Your crowd control effects brand enemy champions with an earthen rune for 4 seconds. Other ally champions who attack branded enemies heal for 5 + 2.5% of your maximum health over 2 seconds (halved if you are ranged)."
- [reworked - context]
"Moving or attacking makes an attack Energized. Energized attacks grant Lifesteal and Movement Speed."
- "Lifesteal for energized attack: 1-50% and 30% movespeed for 0.75 seconds." -src
- Charge rate the same as SS, RFC, and KS - roughly 6-7 autos while moving for ADC to fully charge - src.
- Shock Blast (Q) -
- Damage changed from 70/120/170/220/270/320 to 75/120/165/210/255/300
- Mana cost increased from 55/60/65/70/75/80 to 65/70/75/80/85/90
- Piercing Light (Q) new effect to tool tip - "Piercing Light's cast time decreases slightly as Lucian gains levels."
[NOTE: Her Q has changes on the PBE from earlier in 7.5 cycle. context.]
- Double Up (Q) changes following the Q pass through damage bonus removal in earlier update:
- Second shot damage lowered to match 1st shot damage
- [NEW] 20/35/50/85/80 (+85% total AD) (+35% AP)
- [OLD] 40/70/100/130/160 (+100% total AD)(+50% AP)
- [new effect] "The second shot can critically strike for [crit multiplier - 200% base], and it always critically strikes if the first shot kills its target. "
[NOTE: Follow up to changes from an earlier 7.5 pbe cycle ]
- Previous Vault (E) cooldown and mana cost nerfs reverted.
[NOTE: Follow up to changes from an earlier 7.5 pbe cycle ]
- Rune Prison (W) root duration changed to 0.75 sec
- [VS LIVE] lowered from 1 sec to 0.75 sec.
- [VS PBE] changed from 0.5 sec to 0.75 sec.
- Spell Flux (E) cooldown increased from 2.25 to 3.25/3/2.75/2.5/2.25
- Previous Noxian Diplomacy (Q) damage nerfs reverted.
- Previous Rake (W) cooldown nerfs reverted.
[NOTE: continuation of the earlier changes. Likely to be reverted but return in future. context]
- Health lowered from 100 to 80
- Health regen lowered from 100% to 50%
Notes and Context
1) Meddler has posted a set of quick gameplay thoughts for February 24th, including commentary on Bond of Stone changes that will hit PBE soon, Quinn, Talon, and Ashe PBE changes, noting the Doran's shield experimental PBE stuff will be reverted soon, and more.
"Bond of Stone
Has been in a sad state for a while. We've got a new version that'll be hitting PBE soon (today maybe?) aiming to make it a better choice while still positioning it as a thing you take if you want to be tankier and keep your allies alive. Mechanics we're testing are:
- You get 5% max HP for taking it.
- Enemy champs you CC get a mark on them. Other allies who auto attack that mark get healed. Healing scales with your max health.
Given the mechanics are pretty different, and it no longer directly absorbs damage, we'll also likely change the name if this approach continues to test well. Suggestions highly welcomed, in particular ones that thematically suggest big/tough (max hp boost/scaling) and helpful/protective (the heal).
Quinn, Talon and Ashe
We've been testing Quinn and Talon nerfs on the PBE on the assumption that after the Ghostblade, Edge of Night and Mastery nerfs they'll still both be too strong and will need individual attention. We're not confident we'll have a clear enough picture on that at this point by the time we need to lock 7.5 down (mid next week) so we'll be pulling those changes from 7.5 and reintroducing them into 7.6 if appropriate.
For Ashe we're on the fence as to whether the E nerf is currently needed. Thinking's trending towards not at present, looking to get some testing on it both for a possible future change if needed and so we've got the option for 7.5 if we decide it is needed. Might vanish from the PBE at some point soon.
Change has potential, but needs more time than just the 7.5 patch cycle to be done properly. Will vanish from the PBE at some point, with possible return in the next patch or two or potentially in mid-season with other defensive item changes.
On Bond of Stone, Wav3break added:
"Q1: Yep, works on all CC effects, including slows, blinds, grounded, etc. And yes this mastery is intended to be more powerful for more defensive champions who don't lean on initiation as much to express power.
Q2: There is no cooldown or limit. You can mark whole enemy teams if you buy Rylais as Amumu, constantly and forever. Thoughts here are that if item interactions prove to be overly game wapring, we would tone it down to being based off ability driven CC effects, preserving the synergies we wanted. From our tests, it hasn't been too oppressive in the infinite case, but obviously we could be off. In the meantime, letting it synergize with item purchases is pretty cool from a play style stand point. I think we've actually enriched your strategies for winning on a champion like Leona if you can see a new item path that enables a more supportive style in a particular game by taking this new mastery. If this proves to be abusive however, we will have solutions prepared."
2) ricklessabandon on a few of the changes in testing this cycle:
 "still testing leblanc changes, but based on what we've seen so far i think shipping something on the 'extreme' end is likely"
 "changes to kindred, botrk, and aatrox look to be pretty solid -- likely little-to-no changes before 7.5 outside of small tuning (if any)"
3) Here's phroxz0n with details on the Warlord's Bloodlust changes:
"Tentative numbers on warlords are 1-50% lifesteal on the energized attack (increasing per level exponentially) and 30% movespeed for 0.75 seconds.
It charges at the same rate as static shiv and rapid fire cannon and kirchesis shard and they will all proc at the same time. Takes roughly 6-7 auto attacks while moving for an ADC to fully charge."
Check out [THIS PAGE] for a comprehensive list of the new content & changes currently on the PBE as a part of this cycle or catch up with the individual update links below !