The PBE has been updated! As we continue the chilly 6.24 PBE cycle, today's update includes a set of new Hextech crafting assets, new LotPK Poro Snax icons, several tentative balance changes, & more.
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and subject to change - what you see below may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers at the end of the cycle! Manage your expectations accordingly.)
Table of Contents
New Hextech Crafting Assets & ChestsSeveral new Snowdown themed hextech crafting assets were added in today's update. No details yet.
- The new Legend of the Poro King Poro Snax have updated and new item icons -
- Here's a preview for the Santa Penguin Ward skin, which debuted in the 11/21 PBE update.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn't make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
- Shurima's Legacy (P):
- Turret AD per minute increased to 4 from 3.*
- Gold reward for enemies killing Azir's turret lowered to 50g from 100g.
- Arise! (W) recharge time lowered to 10/9/8/7/6 from 12/11/10/9/8
- [Q2's true damage can no longer critically strike.]
- Voracity (Passive)
- Damage changed to 75-287 from 75-285
- AP ratio increased to 62.5/75/87.5/100% from 55/70/85/100%
- Unleashed Power (R) 70/115/160 from 90/135/180
- [This puts the minimum damage 210/345/480 from 270/405/540]
- Living Vengeance (Passive):
- Attack speed bonuses now scales with attack speed.
- 50% bonus AS ratio on champion kills & assist.
- 25% bonus AS ratio on minion/monster kills.
- Buff duration changes:
- Lowered to 5 seconds from 6 seconds on champion kills & assist.
- Increased to 5 seconds from 3 seconds on minion/monster kills.
Fervor of Battle
- Stack duration increased to 6 second from 5 seconds (currently 4 seconds on live)
- AD per stack increased to 1-8 from 1-6
- Max stacks lowered to 8 from 10.
LCU Updates & ChangesA new "potato mode" option was added to the PBE LCU. While no tooltip or explanation, I'd hazard a guess this is related to a "low spec" mode or otherwise some sort of upcoming performance enhancing option for lower end PCs.
EDIT: Looks like "potato mode" went to PBE a bit early and is not hooked up yet. Context from Riot Credo:
"hey, so this is a feature we're currently working on (it accidentally slipped to PBE, sorry!). We've gotten the framework for setting potato mode, but we havent actually connected it to anything yet. The reason for this is that there are multiple efforts to try and improve performance and some of our other efforts have made the client as a whole faster especially on machines powered by potatoes. So, once we figure out how far we can go with that, we'll see how much we need to be able to switch on and off with the potato mode button. Makes sense?"
While not in today's update, here's a few notes for future PBE update or changes:
- Repertoir tweeted there should be Rengar passive changes on the PBE soon.
- Riot Axes noting Rylai's Crystal Scepter changes should be on the PBE soon - less cost, less stats, passive flattened out, etc.
"Should be on PBE soon (today or tomorrow), ship in 6.24. Will still be an AP/Health item.
The direction is going to be shrinking it down a bit - less cost, less stats, exact numbers still in flux a bit - and flattening the passive out to 20% in all cases, which makes it preferentially better on champions who can apply that slow repeatedly (or when it matters) rather than having the passive attempt to make it comparably valuable over many different types of AP champions."
- Riot Jag noted on the PBE Camille stream that he'll be removing her Q2's ability to crit true damage.
Check out [THIS PAGE] for a comprehensive list of the new content & changes currently on the PBE as a part of this cycle or catch up with the individual update links below !