[Warning: This post contains event spoilers!]
Continue reading for details on the 2016 World Championship group draw & schedule, various team & player news, roster updates, and more!
Table of Contents
- Worlds 2016 Group Draw Show
- Worlds Schedule
- Worlds Pick'em Live - Group Stage 9/10 - 9/29
- Team, Player, Event & Organization News
Worlds 2016 Group Draw Show2016 Worlds Group Draw show aired September 10th at around 11 AM Pacific time. This show was to decide which of four groups the sixteen 2016 Worlds teams will be assigned to for group stages.
The 2016 Worlds Group Draw Show determines who will play whom in the Group Stage of the 2016 World Championship.The first half of the show is the actual draw and a run down of each team with the second half focused on discussion and commentary of each group. A full rundown of the rules and such are available [here].
Here's the Worlds 2016 Groups following the show:
Group A:In the first part of the 2016 WC, teams will be facing off against other teams from all groups throughout the group stage with the top two from each group then moving on to the next stage.
- Rox Tigers (LCK)
- G2 Esports (EU LCS)
- Counter Logic Gaming (NA LCS)
- Albus Nox Luna (CIS)
- Flash Wolves (LMS)
- SK Telecom T1 (LCK)
- Team I May (LPL)
- Cloud9 (NA LCS)
- Edward Gaming (LPL)
- AHQ e-Sports Club (LMS)
- H2k Gaming (EU LCS)
- INTZ e-Sports (CBLoL)
- TSM (NA LCS)
- Royal Never Give Up (LPL)
- Samsung Galaxy (LCK)
- Splyce (EU LCS)
Worlds ScheduleThe full Worlds 2016 Schedule has been released, click here for the full schedule in your local time zone!
Day 1, September 29th (times in PST)
Worlds Pick'em Live - Group Stage 9/10 - 9/29Worlds Pick'em is live now through September 29th! For those who may not remember or weren't around last year, the Worlds Pick'em is where players login to the Worlds Pick'em website and try their very best to predict which teams will win and lose at the upcoming world championship. Full rules & guidelines can be found [here].
Our first stage of pick'em runs September 10th through the 29th to predict who will make it out of group stages. After the matches take place and the knockout stage is decided, players return October 9th though 13th to predict who will make it through the Knockout Stage and will be crowned the 2016 World Champions! The better your picks, the better your prizes!
By playing, you can earn a few different rewards including summoner icons and a grand prize for the extremely rare perfect pick (everything correct at every stage):
- Participate in Pick'em - Obtain this summoner icon by completing your picks during either Group Stage or Knockout Stage**
- Earn 34 points - Obtain this summoner icon by earning at least 34 points throughout the duration of the game**
- Grand Prize - Earn 3 Ultimate Skins (DJ Sona, Spirit Guard Udyr, Pulsefire Ezreal) by getting every single pick correct -- the very rare, perfect pick! (Last year, only 1 player made a perfect pick.)
Once you've locked in your picks, you can also compete against friends using leaderboards or check how you are doing vs various League personalities.
Check out the World's Pick'em site for more information and lock in by September 29th!
Team, Player, Event & Organization News
"TL;DR Recently, it has been brought to our attention that Fnatic and G2 Esports allegedly share financial ties and would therefore be in violation of the LCS Team Participation Agreement. League Officials have found that Jens Hilgers, a minority stakeholder in G2 Esports, has provided a loan to Sannpa Ltd, parent company of Fnatic Ltd, to support Fnatic Gear Ltd, which we classify as an indirect financial interest."
- Worlds Finals tickets will be on sale a final time, check out the link for all the details!
- "We'll be releasing the remaining Worlds 2016 tickets starting with Quarterfinals on September 13, Semifinals on September 14, and Finals on September 15."
- A new season of LEGENDS RISING has started!