Five new sets of chroma for champion skins are now available - Arcade Miss Fortune, Cottontail Teemo, Warring Kingdoms Xin Zhao, High Noon Yasuo, and Shockblade Zed!
Table of Contents
- Release Announcement
- New Chromas
- New Features
Release AnnouncementChromas 1.1 web page featuring previews of the new chroma added in 6.17, details on various new availability changes & sales, an FAQ, & more!
Below you'll find a combination of our previews and information from the promotional page!
New ChromasArcade Miss Fortune, Cottontail Teemo, Warring Kingdoms Xin Zhao, High Noon Yasuo, and Shockblade Zed chroma are now available for individual purchase and in bundles!
Arcade Miss Fortune
Warring Kingdoms Xin Zhao
High Noon Yasuo
Along with the new additions to the shop, Chroma have recieved an upgrade in quality and availability:
Chroma are all now available for individual purchase (290 RP) OR in bundles (prices vary):
"We’re (partially) axing the packs-ing. Get your favorite chromas one-by-one or buy them all in a bundle for a sweet discount."
Refined Color Palettes
"Chroma color schemes are more defined, vibrant, and varied. Some chromas even boast patterns, too, for some extra style."
"New chromas are launching every month, and they’ll be eligible for an IP sale after being out for more than five months. Get in on these bi-annual IP sales and own the full spectrum for your favorite skin at 2000 IP per chroma:"
The first sale is already live and runs through September 8th - this includes all chroma released IN THE PAST and does not include the five newly released sets above.
Check out our earlier post for previews on all the chroma now available for IP through September 8th
- Champion chroma: Bard, Blitzcrank, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Darius, Fizz, Garen, Lucian, Morgana, Zac
- Skin chroma: Nemesis Jax, Grim Reaper Karthus, Dragonfist Lee Sin, Pool Party Leona, Headhunter Master Yi, Koi Nami, Dreadknight Nasus, Rocket Girl Tristana, Dragonslayer Vayne
"Chromas are now part of Early Sales. Like skins, chromas join Early Sales four to six months after launch and go for 195 RP each. We’ll list all chromas going on sale in advance, like we do with champs and skins."
Here is the FAQ from the Chroma 1.1 page, including now being able to gift chroma, pricing, & more!
- WHY DID RIOT MAKE CHANGES TO THE CHROMAS?
- We made chromas to offer you more ways for you to personalize your League experience with content you already love, but feedback showed we missed the mark on the first attempt. We spent a few months working out what improvements we could make to better the chroma experience, and we’ve taken steps to do just that. Catch up on the details with our post here.
- HOW DID YOU PICK THE SKINS FOR THESE NEW CHROMAS?
- When it came to picking skins to chromafy, we tried to pick from skins that everyone seems to really like and considered its stylistic potential, such as color combinations and textures. If we thought a chroma would look good and hit that “cool” factor, we started exploring it.
- HOW DO I BUY CHROMAS FOR IP?
- You can purchase chromas for IP during special chroma IP sales that take place twice a year. During these promotion periods, you can purchase a chroma for 2000 IP.
- WILL THERE BE MORE CHROMAS?
- Yes. We’ll be creating chromas for even more skins in the future. Stay tuned for future updates!
- ARE YOU MAKING THESE AS OPPOSED TO NEW SKINS?
- Nope! We’re going to keep making new skins and chromas.
- WILL THERE BE DISCOUNTS FOR BUYING CHROMAS IN BUNDLES?
- Yes. Bundles include chromas for a single skin and will vary in size; the bigger the pack, the bigger the discount.
- HOW CAN I SEE ALL THE CHROMAS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE?
- All chromas can be found under the “Chromas” sub-tab in the Store’s “Skins” section.
- CAN I GIFT CHROMAS? WHAT ABOUT MYSTERY GIFTS?
- Yes! Now you can gift chromas directly to your friends. Just click “Unlock a Skin for a friend” in the “Gifting Center” to pick a chroma. Mystery gifts are not available at launch, but it’s not off the table, and we’ll continue to explore this in the future. Mystery gifts also cost more RP than a single chroma, so that could feel pretty bad.
- WILL YOU MAKE MORE CHROMAS FOR BASE CHAMPIONS?
- Right now, we’re focused on making chromas that deepen your experience with personalized content you already own and love. Skins connect you to your favorite champions, and chromas take it a step further by connecting you to your favorite skins. You can still pick up the existing base champion chromas, but we don’t plan to make more at this time.
- HOW CAN I REFUND CHROMAS?
- You can refund individual chromas by going to your “Account,” in the Store, clicking the “Purchase History” tab to view your recent purchases, and using the “Refund” button. As with all of our bundled products, chromas purchased in bundles can’t be refunded.
"IP sales will include only chromas that have come out in the several months preceding the sale. Once chromas have been out for a year we may consider doing repeat IP sales, but we don't currently have plans to."