The PBE has been updated! Today's update includes tweaks to Brand's W VFX, Riot Jag with a look at the tentative changes to Zeke's Herald, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
Brand W VFX ChangesFollowing their update on the 5.12 patch, Brand's VFX have been tweaked in today's update to include a more powerful looking explosion.
[5.14] Zeke's Herald Update Coming to PBE[NOTE: Unfortunately, the below changes are NOT functional in today's update. Zeke's Herald has been changed but not exactly how Jag describes. Look for a fix in a future update!]
Riot Jag with more on the upcoming changes to Zeke's Herald:
"Hey guys, RiotJag here to tell you about the Zeke’s Herald update coming to PBE soon.
Zeke’s Herald on Live is an item that you can buy as a support, fighter, or tank if you really wanted to enhance the offensive power of your teammates. However, the range of champions that it is useful on was small, and the effect was not nearly as satisfying as it was powerful, leading to very few players purchasing it in the shop. The Black Cleaver update has done a great job of giving tanky champions a way to add offensive utility for their team, so we wanted to look at what supports could do in this realm. And because supports frequently play around the high value squishies on their team (AD or AP carries), we felt we could do something a little more unique for them.
Recipe Change: Glacial Shroud + Amplifying Tome + Amplifying Tome
Total Cost: 2300 G
+50 Ability Power
+10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Active - Conduit: Bind to target ally. This will remove all other Conduits on your target (60 second cooldown).
UNIQUE Passive: When within 1000 units of each other, you and your ally generate Charges. Attacking or casting spells generates extra Charges. At 100 Charges, causing damage consumes them, increasing you and your ally's Ability Power by 20% and Critical Strike Chance by 50% for 6 seconds.
The new Zeke’s Herald is a Duo Queue’s dream. A support will buy this item and then use the active to select their teammate who will drop the biggest hurt on the enemy. As long as they stay in range and work with the ally they’ve selected, they’ll build up to a proc that infuse the pair with an extreme amount of power. During this window, if the enemy team isn’t paying attention, they’ll pay the price (yes, that really is 50% Crit and 20% AP)!
Grab a partner and get on PBE to hit us with any and all feedback, whether it’s about the gameplay of the item or if it’s the VFX. And be warned, if you’re in one of those games where you have no idea what your ADC is doing in lane, this probably isn’t the item to buy!"
- The Bard, Shockblade Zed, Dreadknight Nasus, and Grim Reaper Karthus Chroma packs originally added in the 6/26 update are now in the PBE shop and purchasable for testing. For a better look, check out our PBE megapost!
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Riptide (E) damage lowered to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/100/140/180/220
- [Various tooltips cleaned up]
- Ability Power increased to 50 from 40.
- Unique Passive Spellblade - damage increased to [100% base attack damage +30% AP] from [75% base attack damage + 30% AP]
- [NOTE: While Riot Jag has mentioned upcoming changes to Zeke's Herald above ,these changes are NOT functional in today's update - the tooltip has not been updated and the unique active is not usable but the stats and recipe have been changed . You'll have to wait a bit to try this one out.]
- Intended changes:
- Recipe : Glacial Shroud + Amplifying Tome + Amplifying Tome
- Total Cost: 2300 G
- +250 Mana
- +35 Armor
- +50 Ability Power
- +10% Cooldown Reduction
- UNIQUE Active - Conduit: Bind to target ally. This will remove all other Conduits on your target (60 second cooldown).
- UNIQUE Passive: When within 1000 units of each other, you and your ally generate Charges. Attacking or casting spells generates extra Charges. At 100 Charges, causing damage consumes them, increasing you and your ally's Ability Power by 20% and Critical Strike Chance by 50% for 6 seconds.
Check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the new content in this PBE cycle or catch up with the individual update links below !
- [Comprehensive PBE Content List for the 5.13 Cycle]
- 6/23 PBE Update: New champion Tahm Kench available for testing, Master Chef Tahm Kench, Gentleman Gnar, and more!
- 6/24 PBE Update: Butcher's Bridge ARAM Map, Nunu, Rumble, Shyvana VFX updates
- 6/26 PBE Update: New Chroma packs, HUD Update Ally Summoner Spell Tracker, Bilgewater Announcer, Sated Devourer, & more