Continue reading to phase dive into Ekko's abilities, background, and a preview of his release skin!
From the official release announcement - "Ekko, The Boy who Shattered Time, available now":
"The hour is nigh. Ekko’s here and ready to get tickin’.
Rewind with more Ekko news here:
Blow your enemies away with Sandstorm Ekko for 975 RP or grab the champ launch bundle for 1462 RP (normally 1950 RP) until 23:59 PM on June 1."
Table of Contents
- Ekko, The Boy Who Shattered Time
- Stats & Abilities
- Lore & Background
- Release Skin
- Login Theme
7800 IP on release, 6300 IP after one week // 975 RP // 1462 RP in Release Bundle unti June 1st!
- Movement Speed: 345
- Attack Range: 125
- Attack Speed: .644
- Attack Speed Growth : 3
- Base Damage: 59
- Damage Growth : 3
- Base Armor: 27
- Armor Growth : 3
- Base HP: 580
- HP Growth: 80
- Base Mana: 280
- Mana Per Level: 40
- Base Magic Resist: 32
- Magic Resist Growth 1.25
- Base HP Regen Per Second: 1.8
- HP Regen Per Second Growth: 0.18
- Base Mana Regen Per Second: 1.2
- Mana Regen Per Second Growth : 0.16
Z-Drive Resonance (Passive)
Every third attack, or damaging spell on the same target, deals 15 + 12 per level (.7 AP) bonus magic damage and slows it by 40/50/60/70/80% [at levels 1/6/11/16/18] for 2/2.5/3 seconds [at level 1/6/11] (cannot be triggered on the same target more than once every 3 seconds).
If the target is a champion, Ekko gains the speed for himself.
11/10/9/8/7 sec Cooldown
Ekko throws a device that deals 60/75/90/105/120 (+0.2 AP) magic damage to enemies it passes through. It expands into a slowing field on the first champion hit, slowing everything inside by 32/39/46/53/60%. It then returns to him after a delay, dealing 60/85/110/135/160 (+0.6 AP) magic damage to all targets hit upon return.
22/20/18/16/14 sec Cooldown
Passive:Ekko's basic attacks deal bonus magic damage to enemies under 30% health equal to 5% (+1% per 55 AP) of their missing health (max 150 damage vs. minions and monsters).*
Active:After a 3 second delay, Ekko creates a short-lived chronosphere at the target location that slows enemies who enter by 40%. If Ekko enters the sphere, he will detonate it, gaining a shield that absorbs up to 150/195/240/285/330(+.8 AP) damage for 2 seconds. Enemies caught inside are stunned for 2.25 seconds.
15/13/11/9/7 sec Cooldown
Ekko dashes a short distance in the targeted direction. His next attack will deal 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.2 AP) bonus magic damage and teleport him to his target.
110/90/70 sec Cooldown
Makes Ekko invulnerable and untargetable, and teleports him back to wherever he was 4 seconds ago. Ekko heals himself for 100/150/200 + 20/25/30% (+1% per 30 AP) of the damage taken over the last 4 seconds, and deals 200/350/500 (+1.3 AP) magic damage to all nearby enemies on arrival.
First up we have the Ekko: Seconds video, which depicts our latest champion battling with a Zaunite thug.
Next up is Ekko's short, in-client lore entry:
"A prodigy from the rough streets of Zaun, Ekko manipulates time to spin any situation to his advantage. Using his own invention, the Zero-Drive, he explores the branching possibilities of reality. As well as experimenting with multi-dimensional probability, Ekko spends his days running wild with the other lost children of Zaun. Though he revels in this freedom, when there's a threat to his friends, he'll endure anything to defend them. To the unknowing observer, Ekko accomplishes the impossible with ease, time and time again."Lastly, we have the Chronobreak comic which tells the tale of Ekko and an encounter between his friend Ajuna and a villainous Piltovian.
A few more blurbs about Ekko's background can be found in the Ekko Q&A!
voiceover also speaks a lot to his character - 5+ minutes of dialogue ranging from his disgust of "pilties" to his loyalty for his hometown of Zaun!
As you have likely heard in the voiceover video above, Ekko also has oodles of special interactions for various champions - including special taunts for Caitlyn, Dr. Mundo, Garen, Jayce, Janna, Jinx, Twitch, Urgot, Vel'Koz, Vi, Viktor, and Zilean - when purchasing certain items, when being revived by Zilean's ultimate, and when dodging Caitlyn's R using his own R.
- "Aww, who called the cops?"
- "Scared of a little revolution Caitlyn?"
- "Dibs on the hat!"
Using R to dodge Caitlyn's R:
- "Next time, shoot where I'm gonna be!"
- "Swing and a miss top hat!"
- "Were you trying to hit me??"
- "Gotta' do better than that lawdog!"
Taunting Dr. Mundo:
- "Go where you want Mundo... outside of Zaun."
- "Garen! Shouted any good names lately?"
- "I like you better on paper, poster boy."
- "I'll never be like this guy."
- "Nice face... shame if something happened to it."
- "Sooo... uh... how bout that weather?"
- "Guns... original."
- "I had a crush ... until you started talking to the gun."
- "You give Zaun a bad name."
- "I lost a pet rat once.. Is that you Mr Tails?"
- "Take my time machine, Urgot. You clearly need it more."
- "'I'll poke your eye out ... head out ..face off? how do you even work?"
- "Hey sellout!"
- "You'll always be Zaun to me."
- "You forgot your roots, Vi."
- "You used to be cool."
- "One day you'll come back to Zaun."
- "You're everything wrong with Zaun."
- "Never go full robot."
- "See! You're part of the problem!"
- "I'll never be like this guy."
- "Think you're Zaun? Prove it."
- "Zaun's future's about to get brighter."
"I really hope you're not the future me."
Being revived by Zilean's R:
- "You gotta teach me that trick Zil."
- "I could've survived that... but thanks anyway."
Taunting a champion from Piltover:
- "You're in the wrong neighborhood!"
- "Great. Pilties."
- "Run away little Piltie!"
- "Last warning: GO home."
When buying Elixir of Sorcery:
- "I'm old enough to buy this."
When buying Guardian Angel:
- "I'm no angel."
- "I'm sure I won't be needing this.... but I'll take it anyhow."
- "Yep! Put an angel on the job.. I could use a break."
- "A second chance?? I thought I was on my fifth."
When buying Hextech Gunblade:
- "I love hitting Pilties with their own toys."
- "Put a gun on a sword - typical Piltover brilliance."
When buying Lich Bane:
- "All in.. just my style."
- "Let's go hunt some liches."
When buying Luden's Echo:
- "How can I not buy this??"
- "It's like it was made for me."
When buying Nashor's Tooth:
- "And I'm fighting with teeth?"
- "That is one big tooth."
When buying Rabadon's Deathcap:
- "Rabadon must'a been a fun guy."
- "Not much of a hat guy but this thing is awesome!"
When buying Rod of Ages:
- "Yup! this thing has a bright future."
- "Some things do get better with time."
- "Sometimes age has its benefits."
When buying Trinity Force:
- "Three forces at work."
- "Triple threat."
When buying Void Staff:
- "This thing creeps me out."
- "Can't hide your weak spots from me."
When buying Zhonya's Hourglass:
- "Huh... freezing time... interesting."
- "Stops time? Huh... thought I'd never get a break!"
The individual sound clips for each of these VO lines and special interactions can be heard over at the LoL Wiki's background page for Ekko!
Last update, here's Ekko's Champion Select quote:
"It's not how much time you have, it's how you use it."
975 RP or 1462 RP RP in release bundle through 6/1
[Note: there is a rewind button on the actual login to replay the warp effect!]
and here's the static background, which varies slightly from Ekko's splash:
The login music is also available on the LoL soundcloud:
Got time to spare? Check out these links for more on Ekko: