The PBE has been updated! Today's update includes new Enchantment: Cinderhulk and Bami's Cinder items, a texture rebalance for Cho'Gath and Nightmare Cho'Gath, and a ton of tentative balance changes!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
Following the other texture rebalances this cycle, Cho'Gath and Nightmare Cho'gath have received updates. Remember that texture rebalances are aimed at bringing older champions and skins up to date with the current art style and are not a replacement for future updates.
Check out our comprehensive PBE post for a look at the other texture rebalances that are currently on the PBE, including Janna, Taric, and Warwick!
Fearless with context on today's itemization changes, including a new item and the Juggernaut enchantment being replaced by the Cinderhulk enchantment.
We have some big changes for jungle tanks on the PBE today. As you might have seen from our highlight post on the jungle, we’re looking to solve some of gaps between tanks and the rest of the pack with a new tanky enchant as well as making Gromp explicitly reward tanks over other junglers.
First, what was wrong with Juggernaut? First, it wasn't explicitly improving clear speeds for tanks in comparison to other junglers. Others get to build incremental increases in damage with their components, but tanks just got… tankier without much else. Juggernaut also failed to feel like the foundation of a tanky build, as much as it was simply a decent chunk of stats that could make anyone more durable.
This new enchant builds out of a new component, Bami’s Cinder, which grants +300 HP and a mini Sunfire aura (now the Immolate aura). This gives tanks a boost both in their durability and their ability to get through camps. Once upgraded to Cinderhulk, the enchant gives champions a version of Immolate that ramps up with time-in-combat, rewarding those who are happy to get into the middle of a fight and stay there. The base health on Cinder Hulk is lower than Juggernaut (350 down from 500), but in the place of base stats, Cinderhulk now grants +25% bonus health. This means jungle tanks get more for their gold as they build tanky.
Along a similar line, we wanted Gromp’s Smite buff to do more for tanks that can need the bump in clear power, while not making it a universally powerful clear tool. Gromp’s poison armor now scales up with the bonus health of the owner, allowing tanks to opt into extra clear speed when they need it.
These items are aimed at 5.5, so we’re looking to get lots of coverage for bug fixes and polish to make sure we can see these hit live as smoothly as possible. We can’t wait to test these out with you all!"
- Soldier attack range increased to 375 from 325
- Base mana increased to 400 from 299.96
- Drunken Rage ( W) % of targets max health damage cap vs monsters increased to 300 from 250
- Ice Shard (Q) damage lowered to 70/100/130/160/190 from 75/110/145/180/215
- Titan's Wrath (W) damage while shielded decreased to 15/30/45/60/75 from 40/55/70/85/100
- Riptide (E):
- Cooldown lowered to 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 from 10 at all ranks
- Mana cost lowered to 40/50/60/70/80 from 60/70/80/90/100
- AP ratio lowered to .3 from .5
- Slow duration lowered to 1.25 from 2 seconds
- Bushwack (Human W) damage increased to 40/80/120/160/200 (.2 AP) from 20/40/60/80/100 + 10/12/14/16/18 (.02 AP) % of target's current health
- [Context: Meddler posted that they are testing this change as nerf to her jungle clear speed.]
- Pounce (Cougar W) damage lowered to 40/80/120/160 from 50/100/150/200.
- Swipe (Cougar E) AP ratio increased to .55 from .45
- Crystal Slash (Q) damage increased to 20/30/40/50/60 from 18/28/38/48/58
- Crystal Slash (Q) while charged bonus damage increased to 20/30/40/50/60 from 18/28/38/48/58
- Fracture (E) damage increased to 40/75/110/145/180 from 40/60/80/100/120
- Flame Breath (E) basic attacks against marked enemies 3% of their maximum health up from 2%
- [Note: TOOL TIP DOES NOT DISPLAY THIS CHANGE. Try it yourself by going to Red buff, doing E, then using an Auto. It will do 54 damage on PBE vs 36 on live.]
- Rapid Fire (Q) New Effect: Rapid Fire's cooldown is reduced by 1 second each time Tristana basic attacks an enemy marked with Explosive charge
- Terror Capacitor (W) shield now increased by 5% of Urgot's maximum mana.
- [Note: Vesh mentioned there are likely more small Urgot changes on the way, such as more R CD reduction per rank and potentially a bit better scaling on base stats.]
- Frenzy (W) - New Effect: If Volibear bites a monster, Frenzy's cooldown is reduced by 50%
- Battle Cry (W) heal increased to 30/35/40/45/50 from 26/32/38/44/50
- Audacious Charge (E) damage increased to 70/115/160/205/250 from 70/105/140/175/210
- Movement speed lowered to 345 from 350
- Assault and Battery (R) damage lowered to 150/300/450 from 200/325/450
- Elastic Slingshot (E) now knocks back for 1 second up from .5 seconds
New] Bami's Cinder
[New] Enchantment : Cinderhulk
- Total Cost: 1000g
- Recipe: Ruby Crystal + 600g
- +300 Health
- UNIQUE Passive - Immolate: Deals 5 (+1 per champion level) magic damage per second to nearby enemies. Deals 50% bonus damage to minions and monsters.
- Recipe: [Bami's Cinder + Jungle Item + 350g]
- Total Cost: 2200g (Two of them currently say 2000 - intended cost is 2200 though.)
- +350 Health
- +25% Bonus Health
- UNIQUE Passive - Immolate: While in combat, deals 15 (+1 per champion level) magic damage a second to nearby enemies. This increases up to 100% based on time in combat.
- Replaced with "Enchantment: Cinderhulk".
- Recipe changed to [Bami's Cinder + Chain Vest + 850g]
- Unique Passive now named "Immolate" - same as Bami's Cinder and Enchantment: Cinderhulk.
- Gift of the Toadstool's damage now scales based on the bonus health (~10%)
- [Comprehensive PBE Content List for the 5.5 Cycle]
- 2/24 PBE Update: Kassadin visual updates, Debonair Galio, Secret Agent Xin Zhao, Bard Splash, and more
- 2/24 PBE Update #2: Bard, Elderwood Bard, and Headhunter Akali
- 2/25 PBE Update: Texture rebalances for Janna, Warwick, and more!
- 2/26 PBE Update: Headhunter Akali splash, End of Game Victory/Defeat Update, base ward animations, and more