- Red Post Collection: Reports and Ranked Team Builder, Underworld Poro Ward Available, Context on Riven Q PBE Change, Zz'Rot Portal Temp Disabled, and more
- This Week in eSports - LCS starting soon, Mid-Season Invitational announced, "Primtime League" Show, and more
- Champion and skin Sale 1/20 - 1/23
- Free Champion Rotation, Week of January 20th
Table of Contents
 "in other league related news there should be some katarina changes hitting the pbe very soon (currently waiting on some visual effects work)"
 "for the curious, i'll post up a quick preview—basic summary is that she'll feel faster and generally more mobile, but has less burst damage."
 "ah, i'll just post a preview. tl;dr is that she'll have a little less burst damage, but can blink around a -lot- more"
 "okay, here's a preview. i'm still working on tuning, so this comes with the normal 'work in progress' disclaimer~ "
- Base Attack Speed: .658 >> .625
- Attack SPeed Growth: 2.74% >> 2%
- Attack Delay: Katarina's Basic attacks come out ~46% faster.
Q - Bouncing Blades
- DAMAGE (1st hit): 60/85/110/135/160 (+45% AP) >> 60/70/80/90/100 (+30% AP)
- DAMAGE (2nd hit): 15/30/45/60/75 (+15% AP) >> 20/55/90/125/160 (+40% AP)
W - Sinister Steel
- DAMAGE: 40/75/110/145/180 (+25% AP)(+60% Bonus AD) >> 60/75/90/105/120% Total AD(+25%AP)
E - Shunpo
- DAMAGE: 60/85/110/135/160 (+40% AP) >> No longer deals damage
- DAMAGE REDUCTION: 15% at all ranks >> 10/15/20/25/30%
- Also fixed a bug which caused Shunpo's DR duration to be 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds
- COOLDOWN: 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 >> 15 seconds at all ranks
- NEW: Now refunds 80% of Shunpo's Cooldown after blinking to a champion that she hasn't Shunpo'd to in the last 9 seconds
- Cooldown refund will trigger on both enemy champions and allied champions
- The 9-second lockout is removed if Katarina gets a reset vis her Passive
- NEW: Now Resets Katarina's basic attack"
When asked about Sinister Steel's (W) new damage, he clarified:
"switching from [ base dmg + bonus ad + ap ] to [ total ad + ap ]. level up incentive switches from flat base to scaling total ad."He continued, noting
"if you have no attack damage at all, this will make that weaker at level 9 (with the current numbers)—with some ad it's buffed"
As for if he has any plans for Katarina's R, ricklessabandon noted:
"nothing at the moment. might do a small ratio shift on it if anything, but would like to avoid more patch lines if possible~"
L4T3NCY posted earlier elaborating on a few ways Riot is aiming to combat queue dodges in Nemesis Draft, an upcoming featured game mode currently testing on the PBE.
There is way too many dodgers in this game mode. Can you do something about that?
We sure can. :) There are actually already some changes in place to discourage dodgers, but they aren't testable on the PBE environment, which is why I didn't detail them above. As many people have brought up dodging in Nemesis Draft though, let's get into them right now.
1) Dramatically increased dodge penalties of up to 2 hours for recurring dodges. We can also change these numbers on the fly once live, and we'll be keeping an eye on them. As many players here have pointed out, Nemesis Draft is an opt-in experience, so there should be no surprises in champ select.
2) In the spirit of rewarding good behaviour, we also have a special reward icon planned for players who don't leave or dodge any games of Nemesis Draft throughout the mode's run. There will be a low minimum game requirement, but the goal is to give players who loved Nemesis Draft a badge of honour to display afterwards. This reward will be delivered after the game mode has ended.
For anyone curious on the detection of AFKs, leaving, etc, this recent LeaverBuster FAQ has all the details.
Meddler is hosting a Q&A over on the OCE boards!
Anyone want to talk about LoL, game design, how we make champions etc? Going to be around for a couple of hours and looking forward to chatting with some of you folks.
To give you a quick bit of background I've been at Riot for about three years now. I've previously worked on Ziggs, Varus, Syndra, Lissandra, Elise and Gnar. A lot of my time these days is spent looking at the year ahead, working with other Rioters to figure out what sort of champions we want to make, what our goals are etc."The Q&A is still going on and Xypherous has even tagged int o answer Systems Team related questions! I'll have a summary ready in the next red post collection once the Q&A has concluded.
Check out this post for more details.
Zeronis has tweeted out a concept art for the recently released Blood Moon Elise skin!
"I had such a blast working on this skin!! It's good to revisit her! I'd love to see amazing cosplays!"his deviant art parge!