To kick off the 5.2 PBE cycle we have a HUGE UPDATE! In addition to new champion skins for Jinx, Katarina, Nidalee, and Vel'Koz, we also have Tristana's champion update and updated skins, texture rebalances for Vayne, Nunu, and Yorick, the removal of DFG, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
Table of Contents
- New Skins
- Tristana Champion Update
- Texture Rebalances
- Dr. Mundo (bugged)
New SkinsWe're starting off the 5.2 PBE cycle four new skins - three skins for the upcoming Lunar Revel event and a de-light-ful new Arbiter Vel'Koz skin!
1350 RP [Confirmed to NOT be legacy.]
Firecracker Jinx also has a small loading screen but it is unfinished!
Here's Riot KateyKhaos with a bugs and feedback thread for Firecracker Jinx!
"With the Lunar Revel just around the corner, it's time to think about celebrating! Who better than the crazy* lady herself, Jinx, to bring the fun and fireworks this year!
*She's got a doctor's note.
Firecracker Jinx will be 1350 RP, and includes:
- A new model and texture - complete with red and gold accents (and Pow-Pow and Fishbones, of course!)
- All new particles - fireworks! Look at all the pretty explosions!
- Some new sound effects!
- A new recall animation!
Firecracker Jinx is now available to play on PBE! We always find bug reports and feedback super helpful, so feel free to comment in the thread below! Likewise, if you've got any questions, post 'em here, and we'll do our best to answer them!
Here's Galetta with a feedback and bugs thread for Warring Kingdoms Katarina!
"Let the bloodshed begin!
The revered grand master of the dancing blade has come to school the PBE! Feared and famous; she seeks an opponent who is worth to die by her elegant execution! This skin includes:
- New model and texture!
- New particles with yellow flower flourishes.
- New recall animation!
This skin will be 975rp.
Your feedback and bug reports are extremely helpful to us, so please check out Warring Kingdoms Katarina and let us know what you think! Feel free to drop any bugs you find in this thread as well!
See you on the Rift!"
Here's Nurse Flan with a bugs and feedback thread for Warring Kingdoms Nidalee:
"A white cougar stalks the streets, decorated in intricate patterns and ornaments. Then, in a flurry of crimson petals, Warring Kingdoms Nidalee appears to keep the peace on the streets during the fireworks celebration!
She's got the moves and the looks to kill!
As players who get the first look at this in-progress skin, it would be wonderful to hear your thoughts and feelings on this new Lunar Revel skin! The feedback (good and bad) and bugs you leave here will help us get a better idea of things we may still have to take a look at. :]
- Completely new human and cougar models! (fancy fancy)
- New ability particles! (lots of red petals!)
- New recalls! (Wushu flurry in human form, and "WOW FOLLOW THE RED SPARK" in cougar!)
See you on the Rift!
NOTE: Some minor sfx may be missing, hang tight!"
Here's Riot Baconhawk with a bugs and feedback thread for Arbiter Vel'Koz!
"Pondering the state of the lifeform disintegrated mere moments before, Arbiter Vel'Koz comes to a conclusion.
Satisfied, he floats away from the wisps of smoke, searching, always searching, for his next target of absolute (somewhat violent) justice.
Arbiter Vel'Koz will be 1350 RP, and includes:
Arbiter Vel'Koz is now available to play on PBE! We always find bug reports and feedback super helpful, so feel free to comment in the thread below. Likewise, if you've got any questions, feel free to post them, and we will do our best to answer."
- All new model and texture — golden tentacles of justice
- All new particles — pure, questionably holy energy
- All new sound effects — listen for the ringing of justice after every spell
- All new voice filter —the better to judge you with
- All new recall & respawn animation!
Tristana Champion Update
[The Tristana update is CURRENTLY DISABLED on the PBE due to bugs!]
Following her champion update announcement earlier today, Tristana has a brand new look and several kit tweaks (including a brand new E) on the PBE!
Ququroon with more information on the update and what is to come:
"Note: She's currently disabled. This sucks, but it should be fixed up for tomorrow. For now, I wanted to get this post up so feedback can have a home.
Blasting onto the PBE is none other than the Tristana update!
This nimble cannoneer is one of the first forty champions that released for this game, so needless to say she needed a little love. Our goals for Tristana were to really develop Yordle (rip meglings) proportions to a greater scale, both as a race and for the dimorphic genders. On a character specific scale, we wanted to bring out her personality and polish her visuals and gameplay.
In her update, you'll find brand new models and textures for her base and across all her skins. This also goes for sounds, visual effects, icons, animations, and VO! Everything! RiotVesh has also done some gameplay changes on Tristana to bring a little more gameplay into her kit with a brand new 'sticky bomb' spell replacing her previous Explosive Shot.
As you try out Tristana on the PBE (or see her elsewhere and have feedback), please try to keep these questions in mind, as I'd be curious to hear your responses.
- Does this still read as Tristana to you?
- Is there a particular skin that stands out to you?
- Do all of her effects still convey the same effects, or better?
- How does the new Explosive Charge feel? Did you find it fun to use?
- How do you feel about these proportions? With respect to their appropriate characters, how do you feel Lulu and Poppy would be with them?
- Do you feel we missed anything important in this update?
We'd really appreciate it if you'd take a look at Tristana, and shoot any bugs and feedback that come your way back at us. Your feedback helps to guide changes we can make, as well as helps us grow as a team.
Does Tristana have new VO?
Yup. We wanted to add some depth to her character (as well as more than 9 lines).
Tristana doesn't match the current (semi-new) splash. Is she receiving a new one?
She is! It's still being worked on though, so hold tight for now.
Is that a rocket in your pocket?
Why, yes. Yes it is.
Rumble or Teemo?
Check this out if you want more context into what we've done on Tristana, as well as more about our goals while working on her."
Now for a better look:
- [Tristana is currently disabled so it makes it very difficult to conform and double check a lot of these numbers! Once she is re-enabled, I'll give it a thorough sweep!]
- Base Damage increased to 51.54 from 49.54
- Attack Speed Per Level Lowered (2.5 to 1.2)
- Rocket Jump (W) damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 (.7 AP) from 70/115/160/205/250 (.8 AP)
- Rocket Jump (W) now deals increased damage when used on targets affected with her E!
- "Rocket Jump's damage is increased if she lands on a unit affected with Explosive Shot (25% bonus per stack), and explodes the Explosive Shot charge immediately if it has 4 stacks."
- Explosive Shot (E) has been reworked!
- Mana Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12
- New Active: Places a charge on target enemy or tower that explodes after 4 seconds, dealing 70/80/90/100/110 (+.6/.7/.8/.9/1.0 AD)(+ .9 AP) physical damage to nearby enemies.
Tristana's Basic attacks against the target increase the charge's damage by 25% stacking up to 4 times. If Tristana basic attacks a target with 4 stacks, the charge explodes immediately.
- Buster Shot (R)
cooldown reduced to 60 at all ranks from 100/85/70- Bug! Will remain at live values.
As you may have noticed, she's also packing a new set of ability icons!
Rocket jumping along, each and every one of Tristana's skins have also been updated!
Riot Girl Tristana
Earnest Elf Tristana
[Currently bugged and unavailable. I'll have a full preview when she is added!]
Rocket Girl Tristana
Here's a video featuring side by side comparisons of each of the updated skins!
We'll have individual skin videos up once her new voiceover is added in a future PBE patch!
"Greatness comes in all shapes and sizes, as proven by this diminutive, cannon-wielding yordle. In a world fraught with turmoil, Tristana refuses to back down from any challenge. She represents the pinnacle of martial proficiency, unwavering courage, and boundless optimism. For Trist and her gun, Boomer, every mission is a chance to prove that heroes do exist."
"Once a bandle gunner, always a bandle gunner."
Texture RebalancesThis PBE update also includes texture rebalances for Vayne, Yorick, and Nunu! These texture adjustments are meant to align older champions with the current art style. They are not meant to replace full visual updates.
[Note: For the comparisons, the OLD pictures on the left and the UPDATED version on the right.]
Here's a turnaround comparison video for all of Vayne's texture rebalances!
Here's a turnaround comparison video for all of Yorick's texture rebalances!
Here's a turnaround comparison video for all of Nunu's texture rebalances!
he wasn't quite finished yet. MUNDO!!!
- Along with her visual updates, Tristana has received significant kit changes! See Above!
- No longer purchasable on Summoner's Rift
- [Context : More information available in the 5.2 patch forecast and from Scarizard:
-  "Confirmed. As of 5.2, Deathfire Grasp will be removed. We're working on a context post that should be out soon to explain!" and
- " Important note: DFG's removal won't be the only change - a number of champions will receive changes/updates to compensate.
- " I've posted this tons in replies, so let me be clear - of the champions being compensated for DFG's removal, Ahri and Veigar are at the top."]
Can now be purchased on Summoner's Rift.
- [Note: This is just a bug.]