The PBE has been updated with a MASSIVE patch, including the first patch of experimental and highly tentative preseason changes! In addition to those, we also have new base splash arts for Singed and Udyr, model and texture updates for Singed and his skins, new 2014 ranked season summoner icons, Master tier reward assets, and much, much more!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
New Splash ArtFirst up is base splash art updates for both Singed (who also received model and texture updates that you can find below) and Udyr!
Singed Changes and Model/Texture updates
Here's SmashGizmo with context on a few Singed changes
"Hey guys, SmashGizmo here from the Live Gameplay team, and I'm here to just give you guys a little heads up on some Singed changes coming to PBE soon. We don't think Singed needs a big push to make his way back into the mix in top lane, so we're looking at some small scale changes, both to give him something new and cool to do and to give him a little nudge up in power. The main changes we're looking at here are:
- When Singed Flings an opponent into his Mega Adhesive, they are snared for 1 second
- Slight buff to rank 3 Insanity Potion stats bonus
The first change is about adding some cool thematic utility to Singed and opening up some big play-making potential when he gets creative with comboing his abilities. We like the core stuff that Singed is doing and we didn't really want to change that too much, but we wanted to give him some new ways to think about his E and W usage and reward players for using them well together. The second change is just a slight nudge up to his late game effectiveness, as Insanity Potion's rank 3 isn't quite as noticeable in the late game as the earlier ranks are in the early-mid game.
Also, Singed is receiving these kit changes in tandem with some visual updates! The model and textures for all of his skins have been updated, so you can look all spiffy as you run by people and throw them onto disgusting puddles of goo."
Now on to the model & texture updates, which did make it in to today's update:
Riot Squad Singed
Mad Scientist Singed
[Note: There are NO CHANGES for Snow Day Singed.]
2014 Ranked Reward Summoner IconsWith the ranked season ending on November 11th, the new 2014 Ranked reward icons have been added on the PBE! There is an icon for each rank and three icons for Challenger tier, for the "top 10,50/200 spots in solo queue as well as the top 3, 15, and 50 spots in team queues".
Solo - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat, Diamond, Master, Challenger 1 - 2 - 3
3v3 - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat, Diamond, Master, Challenger 1 - 2 - 3
5v5 - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat, Diamond, Master, Challenger 1 - 2 - 3
Ranked Loading Screen Borders and Banner TrimThe ranked loading screen borders have also been updated to include the new MASTER tier border!
They've also added a banner trim for the new Master Tier!
While master tier is the only NEW border, here are the others for those curious
EXPERIMENTAL PRESEASON CHANGES[Remember that EVERYTHING BELOW IS EXPERIMENTAL AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE!]
The first draft of the experimental preseason 2015 changes we've been reading about throughout the week are now up on the PBE for testing on it's own version of the SRU!
First up, here is Xypherous with a set of rough patch notes for today's preseason updates. We are looking at a MASSIVE amount of changes so be sure to read through them carefully!
Pushing to the PBE sometime tonight or tomorrow. Going to throw up a really rough changelist of the subtle stuff. I'm going to take the time to call out more subtle things that are harder to notice and give much less detail about the really obvious stuff.
These are really rough patch notes and we are highly interested in heavily iterating on a lot of these. For example, I'd love to hear your suggestions for what cool Dragon bonuses could be - and I know we're still heavily iterating on the Jungle.
I'm going really light on context in this post because this isn't an official patch notes - I just wanted to get a good list of details out there so you guys have some inkling of what's going on when the stuff gets deployed to PBE.
As usual, if you have questions, feel free to ask but try to keep it in this thread if possible.
Improving feel of regeneration in fountain
- Fountain Regeneration now heals for 25% of the amount healed on live but ticks 4 times as fast.
Stat Growth Per Level
Champion base stats and stat growth per level adjusted to help reduce the impact of early level advantages
- Roughly, characters will start the game with an additional 68% of their per level statistic compared to live.
- Each level, characters will gain from 72 to 128% of their per level statistic compared to live, totalling to 1700% of your per level statistic.
With Stats Growth Per Level changes, early advantages are somewhat diminished - thus removing the unpopular gold rubberbanding mechanic from S4 to compensate for the new system of stats growth
- Kill gold is no longer reduced before 4 minutes.
- Gold gained from Assists now scales from 25% to 50% over the first 210 seconds of the game.
Shifting Death Timers to be longer based on level for a larger portion of the game to give a team on the backfoot an uptime advantage
- Death Timers now increase by 2% every 30 seconds starting at 35 minutes, rather than 2% every 60 seconds starting at 25 minutes.
Towers have received some changes to change both tower feel and to simplify the calculus involved in determining your damage to a tower
Inner Towers have been given some anti-split push / anti-siege potential. Inhibitor Towers have been given more ramp-up to make it easier to defend against single targets
- Towers no longer gain Armor and Magic Resistance over time, but they still gain Attack Damage.
- Tower Armor and Magic Resistance have been normalized to 100.
- Tower HP has been set to the following:
- Outer: 2000 Health
- Inner: 2000 Health
- Inhibitor: 2500 Health
- Nexus: 2000 Health
- Inner Towers have a new mechanic - Shielding:
- Inner Towers have a shield protecting them that regenerates after 60 seconds of not taking damage.
- While the shield holds, nearby champions gain a moderate shield as well.
- Inhibitor Towers have a new mechanic - Beam:
- Inhibitor Towers attack their target continuously, up to 4 times a second.
- Inhibitor Towers slowly ramp their damage from 100% to 260% over the course of 6.5 seconds.
- Inhibitor Towers slowly ignore their targets armor from 40% to 100% over the course of 6.5 seconds.
- Ramp is reset when Inhibitor Towers change targets.
- Base Tower regeneration reduced to 5 hp/5 from 15 hp/5
Simplifying Minion Math as well as removing the ability for resistance penetration to increase wave clear power
- Minions no longer gain Armor and Magic Resistance
- Minions gain increased maximum Health at a rate roughly comparable to the old resistance bonuses such that their effect HP is the same.
Wanted to give the defending team an advantage in their base and remove other rubberbanding mechanics
- While a character is in their own base, they receive a movement speed and minor resistance bonus.
Removing this rubberbanding mechanic as the base buff seems to accomplish the same thing while not dragging the game out artificially
- Inhibitors respawn timers increased to 300 seconds from 240.
Blue Buff, acquired ealy, can lead to some unbreakable siege scenarios. With two buffs, this siege power can extend to 100% uptime. Wanted to reduce the duration on the buff a bit rather than attack the power of it to shorten some extended sieging scenarios
- Blue Buff duration reduced to 120 seconds from 150.
Blue buff is incredibly broad in application as it is used to dominate lane and contribute to clearing minions in wave clear, while red buff has some in-combat advantages - we wanted to give red buff some kind of role to play in a siege to give greater rewards to controlling the map before a siege
- Grants you 1% of your maximum Health every 5 seconds.
- Duration reduced to 120 seconds from 150.
- Slow reduced to 5-10% / 8-15% for ranged / melee characters from 5-15% / 8-24%
- Burn damage rescaled to 5-56 damage per second from 10-44 damage
- Burn damage now applies to Towers
New Powerup: Still Waters
Adding a pickup to the lanes after 20 minutes to add some incentive to visit this area in the mid and late game, as well as provide some split pushing power
- In the top and bottom lanes, at the entrance to river, a powerup will spawn beginning at 20 minutes and every 3 minutes thereafter.
- This buff confers:
- +50 out of combat movement speed.
- Standing Still for 0.5 seconds grants up to 25% increased vision range and the ability to look over walls.
Replacing current Elixirs with Elixirs that serve more divergent strategic powers, especially in the late game
- Elixir of Fortitude and Brilliance have been removed.
- You may only benefit from one elixir at a time.
- Elixirs may only be bought when your champion is level 9 or above.
- Elixir price increased to 400 gold.
- New Elixirs added:
- Elixir of Ruin: Grants Health, +% Tower Damage. Nearby minions gain +% Tower Damage and their movement speed is set to 90% of your own, up to 500.
- Elixir of Iron: Grants Size, Tenacity and Slow resistance. You leave a trail that increases ally movement speed by 10%
- Elixir of Sorcery: Grants AP, MP/5 and bonus true damage when damaging a champion or a tower.
- Elixir of Wrath: Grants AD, 10% physical vamp and scoring a kill or assist will extend the duration of the flask by 30 seconds.
Attempting to create a greater call to action for the team that has the Baron Nashor buff, rather than passively grind the opponent out
- Health and Regeneration removed (AD and AP boost remain the same)
- Baron Buff additionally grants you Empowered Recall, reducing your recall time to 4 seconds. This also massively heals you and grants you an 8 second movement speed buff once it finishes.
- Baron Buff buffs nearby minions around you significantly, causing them to gain up to 90% your Movement Speed as well as specific bonuses on type:
- Melee Minions: Gain 80% damage reduction from almost all damage types
- Ranged Minions: Gain increased damage and a minor increase in range.
- Siege Minions: Gain massive increases to range - such that they outrange towers. Their attacks are 50% slower but are AoE and deal 4x damage to towers.
- Super Minions: Gains 75% Movement Speed when nearby enemies as well as 25% Attack Speed.
Dragon bonuses adjusted to be more 'back-loaded' so that a team that opts for a fast pushing strategy versus a team that goes for neutral objective control will spike in power at different times in the game
- Slaying Dragon now grants you a stack of 'Dragonslayer' which grants different permanent bonuses depending on how many Dragons you've slain.
- Stack 1: Increased Regeneration
- Stack 2: Increased AD / AP
- Stack 3: Increased Movement Speed
- Stack 4: Increased Health
- Stack 5: Triples all other bonuses
- Dragon gives 50% reduced XP, compared to live.
- Dragon no longer grants global gold.
- Dragon deals 20% increased damage to units for every Dragon their team has slain.
- Dragon takes 7% reduced damage from units for every Dragon their team has slain.
Removing overlapping mechanics from Elixir of Ruin and Baron Buff - and most people didn't use Captain's for this purpose anyway
- Minion MS amplification removed.
Armor and Magic Resistance
Resistances are inherently reactive buys - and the constraint of Negatron Cloak and Chain Vest makes the act of cleverly reacting to your opponent much much harder than it should be
- All Armor and Magic Resistance items can now be built out of a cloth armor / null magic mantle.
- Recipes, gold costs, stats and build paths have been adjusted to compensate for the above change.
- In effect, there is now no meaningful difference between 'Chain Vest/Negatron Cloak' items vs. 'Cloth Armor/Null Magic Mantle' items as they will all build from the same root.
Health and Mana Regeneration
We're swapping from items granting flat HP/5 and MP/5 to increasing a % of your base regeneration + % level regeneration. This allows different characters to benefit from regeneration items differently - as well as allowing these items to more naturally scale as the game goes on.
- Items that grant Health and Mana regeneration now grant either % Base Health Regeneration or % Base Mana Regeneration
- % Base Health / Mana Regeneration take into account your champion's Health and Mana regeneration and any Health and Mana regeneration they gain per level.
- This does not take into account: skills, masteries, runes and other sources other than your champion statistic.
Example: Your champion has 7 mp/5 at level 1 and 18 mp/5 at level 18. You buy an item that grants +50% Base Mana Regeneration. At level 1, this item will provide an additional +3.5 mp/5 at level 1 and 9 mp/5 at level 18.
Recipe: Rejuvenation Bead + Ruby Crystal
- Grants Health and Regeneration.
Recipe: Catalyst + Crystalline Bracer
- Grants Health, Mana and Regeneration
- Active: Grants +60% MS to you and nearby allies when moving towards enemies for 2 seconds. When this speed boost ends, it emits a shockwave, slowing nearby enemy champions by 80% for one second.
- Health reduced to 800 from 1000.
- Regeneration triples when out of combat.
- Cost slightly reduced.
Recipe: Rejuvenation Bead + Cloth Armor + Rejuvenation Bead
- Grants bonus movement speed when near turrets or Zzrot Gates.
*Recipe: Raptor Cloak + Negatron Cloak*
Spawns a gate at a location that summons monsters. These monsters proceed down the nearest lane and attack minions and damage towers. Edit: Not currently in this build. Also no one spells like that.
Recipe: Raptor Cloak + Kindlegem
- Active now boosts the damage of nearby towers by 100% or prevents nearby enemy towers from attacking.
- Stats adjusted to fit the recipe items (Health/Armor/Regen/CDR)
Jungle is different now. For reasons!
Reasons that are outlined in the previous PBE post. Don't look at me like that.
1. Jungle Difficulty and Rewards have been increased
2. Red and Blue buff timers moved to 2:30
New Jungle Camp: Scuttle crab
This neutral objective is intended to add control to the river as a setup for Baron / Dragon or provide protection/enable river ganks in the early game
- Spawns in top and bottom river and patrols the river it is in.
- Is not hostile - tries to run away from enemy champions.
- Grants a speed shrine in the river that provides vision and out of combat movement speed to people who cross it.
Smiting a large monster from one of the monster camps will now grant bonus XP and a monster specific bonus when you kill it - this ensures that the Jungler always potentially benefits more from the Jungle than other roles
Brambleback (Elder Lizard)
- Restores a large amount of Health.
Blue Guardian (Ancient Golem)
- Restore a large amount of Mana.
Krugs (Ancient Golem)
- Grants Gift of Heavy Hands - adding Execute Damage to your attacks.
Gromp (Large Wraith)
- Grants Gift of the Toadstool - grants Toadstool Armor, poisoning enemies that attack you.
Raptors (Wraith Camp)
- Grants Gift of the Eagle Eye - grants you a buff that automatically grants you true sight for a short time the next time you are spotted by an enemy ward
Murkwolf (Wolf Camp)
- Grants Wolf Sentry - A ghostly wolf patrols that quardrant of the jungle for a moderate time. If an enemy champion enters that quadrant of the jungle, it'll run at them and alert you to his position.
Jungle itemization has been overhauled - all existing jungle items have been removed.
- Hunter's Machete now grants 30 magic damage on hit over 2 seconds and grants 8 health and 2 Mana per second while fighting monsters.
- Hunter's Machete can only be bought if you have Smite as a Summoner Spell.
Hunter's Machete now upgrades into 4 items that amplify or change your Smite ability - depending on what overarching Jungle Strategy you want to do: Gank, Invade, Fast Clear, or Counterjungle
- After killing 3 monsters, you can smite enemy champions, dealing a small amount of true damage and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 2 seconds.
- Upgrade Smite to Quick Smite. Quick Smite has reduced cooldown - has further reduced cooldown when you kill large monsters and grants bonus gold if you use it on the monsters in the enemy jungle.
- Upgrades Smite to Challenging Smite. Challenging Smite can be cast on an enemy champion - doing no true damage but revealing them for a long time and causing your attacks to deal bonus true damage each time you hit him.
- Upgrades Smite to Desolating Smite - which causes Smite to deal 50% splash damage to other nearby monsters as well as stun them for 1.5 seconds.
The 4 above items can be enchanted with 4 enchantments that offer bonus statistics so you can customize the item based on what kind of role you want your jungler to transition to
* Grants AD and Life StealEnchantment: Magus
* Grants AP and CDREnchantment: Juggernaut
* Grants Health, CDR and Movement SpeedEnchantment: Slayer
* Grants AS, CDR and a stacking AS buff"
Now that you've read over Xypherous's massive set of rough notes, here's a set of supplemental screenshots and additional information on the changes. PLEASE REFER BACK TO THESE ROUGH NOTES IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE SPECIFICS!
Remember that EVERYTHING BELOW IS EXPERIMENTAL AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
TowersInner towers now have a shielding mechanic that regenerates after 60 seconds of not taking damage and grants nearby champions shields.
Still Waters Power upStill Waters is a new relic type buff that spawns on top and bottom after 20 minutes.
Here's an example of vision with the Bonus vs Not having the Bonus:
Dragon's reward system has been reworked to a "Dragonslayer" buff that grants a chunk of stats and becomes stronger the more dragons your team slays!
Although taking the buff won't come as easy! In addition to taking 7% reduced damage from units for every dragon their team has slaim, Dragon also DEALS more damage to repeat slayers!
BaronAs mentioned in the rough notes, Baron buff now empowers near by minions iwth bonus stats! Melee Minions take less damage, Ranged minions gain extra damage and range, Siege minions get a massive increase to their range and have slower AoE attacks, and Super Minions gain movespeed and attack speed.
Krug grants "Gift of the Heavy Hands" which adds bonux execute damage to your attacks and turns slain enemies to stone!
New River Monster - Giant Enemy Crab
There is also a new monster camp in the form of a roaming "Giant Enemy Crab" (who has a placeholder art to look like a wraith) who runs away from champions and grants a Speed Shrine when slain!
Here are a set of completely new items currently testing in preseason - Crystalline Bracer, Raptor Cloak, and Righteous Glory!
We also have four new Elixirs that offer powerful temporary and strategic buffs!
New Items that build out of Hunter's Machete
The old jungle items have been replaced with upgrades that build directly out of Hunter's Machete! Each one offers the same "Jungler" passive aand it's own unique improvement to Smite.
Each of the above items also comes with it's own variation of smite!
[NOTE: SMITE'S BASE COOLDOWN HAS BEEN INCREASED TO 60 SECONDS]
[NOTE: SMITE'S BASE COOLDOWN HAS BEEN INCREASED TO 60 SECONDS]
New Hunter's Machete Enchantments
Each one of the Hunter's Machete upgrades can also be combined with items to be enchanted!
The "blank" box is where any of the new Machete upgrades go. Basically you pick your upgrade, then combine it with one of the other items to form the new enchantment.
For example, say I have a Stalker's Blade and I want the Juggernaut Enchantment. I combine my Stalkers Blade with a Kindlegem and some gold. Or I could take my Stalker's Blade and mix it with a Vamp Scepter + gold to get the Warrior enchant.
Updated Existing Items
[Not all changed items listed! Excluded are items with minor stat or cost changes]
EVERY item with mana and health regen has been changed as mana and health regen is now +% of base regen instead of a flat value per 5.
For reference, here's the new % base regen values for all current regen items:
- Aegis of the Legion: UNIQUE Aura - Legion: +75% Base Health Regen
- Face of the Mountain: +100% Base Health Regen
- Locket of the Iron Solari: UNIQUE Aura - Legion: +75% Base Health Regen
- Negatron Cloak: +100% base health regen (tool tip is messed up atm )
- Ravenous Hydra: +100% Base Health Regen
- Rejuvenation Bead:+50% Base Health Regen
- Spectre's Cowl: Passive gives 100% base health regen for up to 10 seconds after taking damage from an enemy champion
- Spirit Visage: +100% Base Health Regen
- Targon's Brace: +50% Base Health Regen
- Tiamat: +100% base health regen
- Ancient Coin: +25% Base Mana Regen
- Archangel's Staff: +50% Base Mana Regen
- Ardent Censer: +50% Base Mana Regen
- Athene's Unholy Grail: +25% Base Mana Regen
- Chalice of Harmony + 25% Base Mana Regen
- Forbidden Idol: +50% Base Mana Regen
- Frost Queen's Claim: +50% Base Mana Regen
- Frostfang: +50% Base Mana Regen
- Manamune: +25% Base Mana Regen
- Mikael's Crucible: +75% Base Mana Regen
- Muramana: +25% Base Mana Regen
- Muramana: +25% Base Mana Regen
- Seraph's Embrace: +50% Base Mana Regen
- Spellthief's Edge: +25% Base Mana Regen
- Tear of the Goddess: 25% base mana regen
- Nomad's Medallion: +25% Base Health Regen & +25% Base Mana Regen
- Talisman of Ascension: +75% Base Health Regen & +75% Base Mana Regen
The following items have been removed from Summoner's Rift (most remain on other maps atm):
- Atma's Impaler
- Elixir of Brilliance
- Elixir of Fortitude
- Executioner's Calling
- Feral Flare
- Guinsoo's Rageblade
- Spirit of the Ancient Golem
- Spirit of the Elder Lizard
- Spirit of Spectral Wraith
- Spirit Stone
- Sword of the Divine
- Madred's Razors
- Quill Coat
- Wriggle's Lantern
OtherSmite now has indicator on the ability bar to show just how much damage it will do.
Xypherous mentioned, there is also a new "Homefield Advantage" buff granted when champions are in their own base.
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Zephyr (W) cooldown increased to 12 at all ranks from 12/11/10/9/8
Lightning Rush (E) [Uh, looking into these]
- Attack Range increased to 550 from 525.
- Movement speed lowered to 330 from 335
Blinding Assault (Q) blind duration lowered to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 from 1.5 at all ranks. Tag Team (R) significantly changed.
First Cast: Valor replaces Quinn on the battlefield as a mobile melee attacker. Valor can move through units and gains +80/100/120% Movement Speed, decreased gradually to +5/10/15% when in combat. Second Cast: Quinn returns, replacing Valor on the battlefield, and also resetting the cooldown on Heightened Senses.
Now lasts until cancelled.
Mana cost lowered to 80 from 100
Cooldown now 40/20/1 from 140/110/80
- Mega Adhesive (W) now includes "If Singed Fling target champion out of the zone, will create another Adhesive Zone at where target lands. If Singed Fling target champion into the zone, will snare target for 1second.*
- [Context: Doesn't exactly match up with what SmashGizmo said earlier. Neither of these two bits are working in game...... I would stick with "When Singed Flings an opponent into his Mega Adhesive, they are snared for 1 second" as the intended change. ]
- Heightened Learning (Passive) now increases Zilean's experience gain by 10% and gives him bonus AP upon reaching levels 6/11/16 from increasing experience gain of all allied champions by 8%
- [Context: The AP bonus is currently buggy and not granting any AP.]
- As the item changes are all relative to PRESEASON, I'll be including them up there with the other preseason info.