The PBE has been updated! New stuff includes: an updated Renekton splash art to go along with his MTU, the Azir Login screen, updates to the in-game Kill Announcement assets, a screen indicator for Zilean's ultimate, Cassiopeia lore updates, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
New Splash ArtTo accompany his upcoming texture and model updates, Renekton has a new base splash art!
Azir Login Screen
Azir's login theme and music is now up on the PBE! Here's a preview:
and here's the "still" image from the login, as it is slightly different from Azir's splash art:
In-Game Announcement ChangesThe in-game announcements, such as when minions spawn or when a tower is destroyed, have been updated with new text and art assets!
and here are the new multi kill announcements, complete with new assets for each multikill.
HEXAKILL featured gameplay mode.
Zilean Ult Screen Indicator
Zilean's ultimate now causes it's target's screen to slightly brighten up while his ultimate is active on them!
Cassiopeia Lore UpdateAlong with the other Shurima lore updates, Cassiopeia also has a new lore entry on the PBE.
"Cassiopeia is a terrifying creature - half woman, half snake - whose slightest glance brings death. The youngest daughter of one of Noxus' most influential families, she was once a beautiful and cunning temptress capable of manipulating the hardest heart. Transformed by the venom of an ancient Shuriman tomb guardian, she continues to serve Noxian interests as she always has, just in a more... visceral way."Do note that this new entry notes her transformation was caused by "the venom of an ancient Shuriman tomb guardian" where as her current lore entry notes it was from breaking an oath.
Cassiopeia Selection QuoteCassiopeia also has a new champion selection quote.
"There is no antidote for me."
Ascension ArtAscension now has it's own featured gameplay art that displays on the game mode selection screen!
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Shurima's Legacy ( Passive ) Will of the Emperor's CDR to attack speed ration lowered to 1.25% AS for every 1% CDR from 1.5% AS for every 1% CDR.
- Conquering Sands ( Q ) ability power scaling reduced to .5 from .6
- Shifting Sands ( E ) cooldown lowered to 19/18/17/16/15 from 23/21/19/17/15
- Paranoia (R) reverted to no longer give a reduced cooldown if you don't reactivate
- [Context: Just a revert from a change in an earlier PBE update. Back to live values/functionality]
- 8/26 PBE Update: Azir, Galactic Azir, Renekton Texture and Model updates, new summoner icons, Ascension Assets, Kha'Zix Skin Placeholder
- 8/27 PBE Update: Guardian of the Sands Kha'Zix, New Akali splash, and more!
- 8/28 PBE Update: Ascension now available for testing, New Azir and Kha'Zix skins ready for testing, additional Cassiopeia texture changes, and more!
- 8/29 PBE Update: Upcoming Ward Skins, JF Cassiopeia changes, and more
- 9/2 PBE Update: Shurima Ward skins, new Orianna Splash, and more
Reminder: The Summoner's Rift update is currently on the PBE for testing!