The PBE has been updated! We have new Debonair Vi and Debonair Ezreal skins, a set of 33 splash art changes from old art to art used in other regions, an update to Muse Sona, and tentative balance changes for Varus, Vel'Koz, and Ziggs!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
New Debonair Skins
Today's patch includes two new skins - the handsome Debonair Ezeal and the dashing Debonair Vi! Both skins seem to be only model / texture updates ( as is the norm with 750 RP tier skins ).
Muse Sona UpdateFollowing the texture and model updates to her Base skin, Silent Night Sona, and Pentakill Sona in the earlier PBE patches this cycle, Muse Sona has been updated!
While she was updated in an earlier patch, Silent Night Sona's hair has been fixed and is no longer so blocky. Here are a few updated screen shots!
[ Be sure to check out this page for more info on Sona's tentative model / texture and kit updates! ]
Skins Splash Update - Numerous Splash ChangesHere's Riot Silver with info on the
"Hey dudes and dudettes!
Wanted to jump on here to let you guys know about some skin splash changes headed to PBE. Specifically, we're replacing the splash art for around 32 skins (For right now, no bases). Some of you may recognize these splashes from other League of Legends regions.
We're constantly seeking to improve LoL across the board, and splashes are no different - as you may have noticed, we've been concentrating on base splash updates in recent patches. As with other art assets, a lot splashes in League have aged over time. We 100% want to improve all of this out-of-date content, but for now a lot of our work is focused specifically on updating base champion splashes.
This led us to seek out stopgap measures for showing love to some of the most out of style splashes where we already have better alternatives available (cough...Grandma Lux). To reiterate, this is a temporary step focused on, right now, only the worst offenders.
Let us know what you think!
Why didn't you do this sooner? The art style for these splashes was a bit different from our visual target, and we didn't want to create a long-term rift in our splash content. However, due to the amount of time and resources we need to bring these splashes fully up to our visual target, we have reconsidered some temporary solutions for these splashes.
Why didn't you change X splash? We specifically picked splashes that met the goals of this small update, so there could be several reasons:
- We feel the current splash is of higher or comparable quality (We’re looking for instances where there is a noticeable upgrade.)
- Alternatives are too drastically different from current splash or in-game model (we're looking to improve overall cohesion in addition to just visual quality.)
What if I don't like X splash? Let us know! The goal here is to improve, not detract
Why are these only skin splashes? This change is a stopgap for a few skins while we focus hard on updating base splashes to our current style target. These splashes are a bit more sensitive given that they're more highly visible (e.g. minimap icons, champion select, etc...). In general, we're looking to err on the side of caution where there's a very clear quality increase with little risk of confusion.
Changelist:and here are the 32 updated splashes, including an extra one for Chrome Rammus!
- Noxus Hunter Anivia
- Red Riding Annie
- Rusty Blitzcrank
- Goalkeeper Blitzcrank
- Desperada Cassiopeia
- Siren Cassiopeia
- Mr. Mundoverse
- Tango Evelynn
- Minuteman Gangplank
- Dreadknight Garen
- Alien Invader Heimerdinger
- Blast Zone Heimerdinger
- Nightblade Irelia
- Aviator Irelia
- Commando Jarvan IV
- Silver Kayle
- Viridian Kayle
- Sorceress Lux
- Chosen Master Yi
- Candy Cane Miss Fortune
- Pharaoh Nasus
- Snow Bunny Nidalee
- Leopard Nidalee
- Ravager Nocturne
- Forsaken Olaf
- Glacial Olaf
- Ruthless Pantheon
- Noxus Poppy
- Frozen Shen
- Hextech Singed
- Black Belt Udyr
- Curling Veigar"
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Chain of Corruption ( R ) cooldown decreased to 110/90/70 from 120/105/90
- Lifeform Disintegration Ray ( R ) damage increased to 350/475/600 (1.5 AP ) from 300/450/600 ( 1.5 AP ) [ for reference, current live value is 500/700/900 ( .6 AP )
- Lifeform Disintegration Ray ( R ) now lists the slow ( 15% ) now stacks up to 5 times
- [ CONTEXT: Remember Vel'Koz also received changes in the 7/16 update! See this thread by Riot Repertoir for a complete list this cycle's set of changes, with also include a massive increase to Vel'Koz's R's AP ratio and a lowered base damage. ]
- Mega Inferno Bomb ( R ) cooldown increased to 120 at all ranks from 120/105/90
Entrophy ( Aram / Domininon )
- Active reduces movement speed and deals true damage over 2 seconds, down from 2.5
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the new content in this PBE cycle or catch up with the links below !
- 7/15 PBE Update - Return of Sona update, Sona Texture / Model Update, Visual Refresh for Patcher and Landing page, and more!
- 7/16 PBE Update - Sona Yellow Hair Tips back, New Summoner Icon, Vel'Koz changes, and more!
Reminder: The Summoner's Rift update is currently on the PBE for testing!