The first PBE update of the new cycle is here and boy is it massive! First up we have SIX new skins - Primetime Draven, Goalkeeper Maokai, Superfan Gragas, Striker Lucian, Red Card Twisted Fate and Sweeper Alistar! We also have a texture update for Skarner, a new ward skin, six awesome looking summoner icons, updated ability icons for Tryndamere and Nidalee, a new passive for Skarner, Nidalee's gameplay update, and much more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
[ Note on Primetime Draven: He's currently missing sounds ]
Here's Riot Nurse Flan with a feedback thread!
"Mic test...check...1..2, 3! It's Primetime Draven's cue to deal tons of damage on the PBE! o u o
Draaaaaaven had a little makeover and is now dressed to impress! In his Primetime Draven look, he's ready and eager to cast any sports event!
(NOTE: As of 06-04, his SFX are not in yet! They will be soon though!)
- A new suit!
- New weapons (they look like dangerous mics!)
- A new VO/SFX set (like he's casting your game!)
- A new recall (summons a podium!)
As players who get the first look at this in-progress skin, it would be wonderful to hear your thoughts and feelings on Draaaaaaaven's new skin! The feedback and bugs you leave here will help us get a better idea of things we may still have to take a look at. :]
See you on the Rift!"
In addition to Primetime Draven, we have five new football themed skins that have a shared splash art - Goalkeeper Maokai, Superfan Gragas, Striker Lucian, Red Card Twisted Fate and Sweeper Alistar!
Red Card Twisted Fate
To go along with his kit changes ( which are listed below! ) , Skarner has received a update to his textures!
|Old ( Left ) vs New ( Right )|
|Old ( left ) vs New ( Right )|
"Futbol" ward skin
To go along with the five new skins, there is also a football themed ward skin!
New Summoner Icons
Updated Tryndamere Ability Icons
Tryndamere's ability icons have received a fresh coat of paint!
( Passive, Q, W , E ,R )
Updated Nidalee Ability IconsNidalee also got a fresh set of ability icons!
[ Human form: Passive, Q , W ,E ,R ]
[ Cougar form: Passive, Q , W ,E ,R ]
Skarner Balance Changes
Here's Riot Scruffy with details on this patch's long awaited Skarner changes, including a new passive!
Skar is up on PBE with a few gameplay and art changes. We're increasing Skarner's power with more CC and stickiness without creating the old gameplay problems. Additionally, he will be able to consistently bring value to his team, even when behind. He also has upgraded character textures and some new particles for his passive and W.
Full List of Changes:
[NEW] Crystallizing Sting
- Skarners damaging spells apply Crystal Poison to enemy Champions and large monsters
- If Skarner attacks a target with 3 stacks of Crystal Poison he will deal an additional 20-105 damage and stun the target for 0.5/0.75/1 seconds
- After a stun, targets will not receive Crystal Poison for 6 seconds
- [NEW] Crystal Energy Bonus: Skarner now gains 3/4/5/6/7% Movement speed per stack
- [NEW] Auto attacks reduce Crystal Slash's cooldown by .5s (doubled against Champions)
- Base physical damage reduced from 25/40/55/70/85 to 20/30/40/50/60
- Base physical ratio reduced from 0.8 to 0.4
- Bonus magic damage reduced from 24/36/48/60/72 to 20/30/40/50/60
- Bonus magic ratio reduced from 0.4 to 0.2
- Cooldown lowered from 16 to 13 seconds
- Base damage lowered from 80/120/160/200/240 to 40/60/80/100/120
- AP ratio lowered form 0.7 to 0.4
- Cooldown lowered from 14 to 12 seconds
- Cooldown lowered from 130/120/100 to 100/90/80
- Impale consumes all stacks of Crystal Poison and deals 50/75/100 damage per stack consumed to the target
In a follow up post, Scruffy mentioned Skarner's consumes the crystal poison stacks on stun
"It does, he will have to stack it up again for the next stun on the same target. The stacks last for 5 seconds right now."
While the values are all listed above, here's a set of up to date, rank 1 tooltips to help clarity.
Skarner's new passive uses small crystals to denote the amount of Crystal poison stacks on enemy:
|Two Stacks of Crystal Poison, stacks applied by hitting with abilities.|
|At 3 stacks of Crystal poison, a ring forms between the crystal indicators letting you know your next basic attack will trigger a stun|
A full video preview, including footage of Skarner's new passive in-action, can be found here.
Nidalee Gameplay Update
Here's Riot Repertoir with details on the Nidalee Gameplay update that is now available for testing!
Nidalee has some gameplay changes headed her way, largely in the form of a modified passive and its interactions throughout her kit. These changes help reinforce a pattern of interaction between Nidalee and opponents, but since the changes are quite dramatic, they required changes to numbers and timings throughout her kit. I’ll be popping in and out of this thread while she’s on PBE to collect everyone’s feedback on her, so please feel free to leave it in the comments and I’ll try to get back to you.
While all feedback is welcome at this point, the stuff that would be particularly useful is:
- Are Pounce and Swipe behaving the way you’d expect?
- Are you having difficulty using her Hunt Pounce effectively?
- How has your laning pattern changed compared to Live (both as and against Nidalee)?
- How do you feel in roaming cases using your modified brush passive?
- Did you notice any bugs on her?
- What items are you guys building on her to be successful?
- How was your experience building mainly Ability Power items?
- How was your experience building more bruiser items?
- Generally, where do you feel she is too strong/weak?
Thanks in advance for all your guys’ thoughts,
With that said, if you're interested in the full changelist, here it is below:
- Basic attack hit timing adjusted to better match visual
- Death Recap now properly differentiates between Javelin Toss and Takedown, and Bushwhack and Pounce
- (R) Aspect of the Cougar now has 4 ranks and is automatically trained at level 1
- UI elements added to support modified passive
- Movement Speed increased to 340 from 335
- Movement Speed in brush reduced to 10% from 15%
- Movement Speed in brush is now increased to 30% while moving toward visible enemy champions within 5500 range
- Damaging champions with Javelin Toss and Bushwhack causes her to Hunt these targets for 4 seconds, granting Prowl’s increased Movement Speed toward them and enhancing her next Takedown, Pounce, and Swipe against them
(Q) Javelin Toss
- Nidalee ignores unit collision while Prowl and Hunt are active
- Minimum base damage reduced to 50/75/100/125/150 from 55/95/140/185/230
- Maximum base damage reduced to 150/225/300/375/450 from 137/237/350/462/575
- Minimum Ability Power ratio reduced to 40% from 65%
- Maximum Ability Power ratio reduced to 120% from 162.5%
- Cooldown adjusted to 8/7/6/5 with rank in (R) Aspect of the Cougar from 6 at all ranks
- Now deals maximum damage at 1300 range rather than 1500
- Missile visuals adjusted to better match player expectation
- Applies the Hunt debuff to enemy champions hit
- Deals 33% increased damage to Hunted targets
- Minimum base damage reduced to 4/20/50/90 from x/40/70/100
- Maximum non Hunt base damage reduced to 10/50/125/225 from x/120/210/300
- Maximum Hunt base damage introduced at 13/67/167/300
- Maximum non Hunt Total Attack Damage ratio reduced to 250% from 300%
- Maximum Hunt Total Attack Damage ratio introduced at 333%
- Minimum non Hunt Ability Power ratio introduced at 24%
- Maximum non Hunt Ability Power ratio introduced at 60%
- Maximum Hunt Ability Power ratio introduced at 80%
- Now deals entirely magic damage instead of entirely physical damage
- Maximum damage is now dealt when the target is at 20% current Health, up from 0%
- Nidalee gains 75 Attack Range while Takedown is active
- Ground duration reduced to 2 minutes from 4
- Debuff duration reduced to 4 seconds from 8
- Now only affects 1 enemy per trap
- Flat base damage reduced to 20/40/60/80/100 from 80/125/170/215/260
- Flat damage Ability Power ratio removed (was 40%)
- No longer shreds enemy Armor and Magic Resist
- Now additionally deals 12/14/16/18/20% of the target’s current Health over its duration
- Now additionally deals 1% of the target’s current Health per 50 Ability power over its duration
- Cooldown reduced to 17/15/13/11/9 from 18 at all ranks
- Mana cost reduced to 40/45/50/55/60 from 60/75/90/105/120
- Team color indicators added to better indicate trigger radius
- Persistent pulsing particle adjusted for better visibility
- Applies the Hunt debuff to enemy champions hit
- Now moves toward the player’s cursor rather than Nidalee’s current facing
- Base damage reduced to 50/100/150/200 from x/125/175/225
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 30% from 40%
- Cooldown increased to 5 seconds from 3.5
- Can now be used to jump to Hunted targets at up to 700 range by hovering the cursor over the Hunted target
(E) Primal Surge
- Killing a unit while in Cougar form reduces Pounce’s current cooldown to 1.5 seconds if it is currently higher
- Base healing increased to 55/95/135/175/215 from 50/85/120/155/190
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 50% from 70%
- Attack Speed buff duration reduced to 6 seconds from 7
- Now targets toward the player’s cursor rather than Nidalee’s current facing
- Base damage reduced to 70/130/190/250 from x/150/225/300
- Ability Power ratio reduced to 45% from 60%
- Swiping a Hunted target reduces Pounce’s current cooldown to 1.5 seconds if it is currently higher
(R) Aspect of the Cougar
- Cooldown reduced to 5 seconds from 6
- No longer grants 20 Movement Speed while in Cougar form
- Cooldown adjusted to 5.00/3.75/2.50/1.25 from 4.00 at all ranks
- Nidalee gains vision of all Hunted targets while in Cougar form"
While all the changes are listed above, here's a set of up to date tooltips to help with clarity.
The main change with this Nidalee update is her new "Hunt" mechanic, a debuff applied for four seconds after hitting an enemy champion with a spear or a trap. While the enemy is being "Hunted", Nidalee gets increased movement speed, can see them while in Cougar form, and gains additional benefits to her COUGAR form abilities. Q gets increased damage, W gets double the jump range, and E resets her W's cooldown to 1.5 seconds.
Here's a few pictures explaining the new indicators that will help you better utilize your enhanced Pounce on a Hunted target.
|[ Ignore blue / missing particles ] Since Katarina is "hunted", pounce has an increased distance ( as previously denoted by the ring around Nidalee )|
|Nidalee can use this doubled range on Pounce to clear a number of distances she normally couldn't! In this example, I'm able to jump over a thick treeline to attack the Katarina I landed a spear on.|
New Audio Engine on PBE - Continued Testing!Here's BelligerentSwan with a heads up the new audio engine is back on the PBE for more testing!
For the next day or so we'll be turning on our new audio engine again for another round of testing on the PBE! With each patch we are getting a little bit closer to activating the new audio engine, and we want to continue PBE testing to ensure the switch goes smoothly!
If you find a sound that doesn't work, or if you want to leave feedback about the way things sound, just leave a comment on this thread! We’ll be actively monitoring it and replying to your questions and concerns. Please let us know what equipment you’re using for audio (Stereo headphones vs. 5.1 surround sound speakers, Sound Blast Zx vs. Realtek HD Audio) so we can help narrow down the cause of the issues.
Why are we changing audio engines? We’re looking to create a more immersive and engaging in-game league of legends audio experience, and this new engine will allow us to do a lot of cool things in the future. You can find a more in depth post about what to expect here."
- League of Draven ( passive ) tooltip now lists "tower" as granting a stack of Adoration, in addition to catching an axe, minion, or monsters.
- Taste Their Fear ( Q ) [ looks like the tooltip now lists the exact isolation damage increase of just saying "30%" - will need to confirm but looks like only a tooltip change ]
- Nidalee is up for a significant gameplay update this patch, including her ult being available at level 1, numerous mechanics changes, and a new "Hunt" debuff.
- See the PBE community thread, which is also documented above, for more info!
- Heartseeker Strike ( E ) tool tip now shows "double damage to champion" instead of "half damage to minions and monsters" and the numbers have been swapped accordingly. No functional change.
- Skarner has received several changes this patch, including a brand new passive!
- See the PBE community thread, which is also documented above, for more info!