[ Breaking news: Heimerdinger temporarily disabled due to bug and EU restart at 4:00 GST ]
Tonight's red post collection features a dev blog by ZenonTheStoic on the recent Xerath rework, ricklessabandon sharing his tentative 4.5 Miss Fortune change list, and a reminder to verify your email address for a free IP boost!
Dev Blog: The Remaking of XerathZenonThestoic has whipped up a dev blog on the Xerath rework that was implemented in patch 4.2. Within the blog, he discusses why gameplay reworks happen, explains the shortcomings of Xerath's old kit, context on the reworked kit, and more!
Welcome to the League of Legends design blog, a new channel for developers to muse on designs from the past and present! We’re introducing the blog to talk to you guys and help you understand our philosophies as well as seeing why we do what we do. You won’t see official announcements about things on the way, but you will get to know more about designing a game like League of Legends – straight from the team!
We’ll be evolving over time with the topics we cover (and the name, and the look, and so on…), but we wanted to start the conversation early because… why not!?
I’ll introduce each new author as they come along. Up today we’ve got Associate Champion Designer ZenonTheStoic on the Xerath rework along with some background on why we rework champions in the first place. Enjoy!"
[Updated] Miss Fortune Changes still in 4.5 PBE + ChangelistWith last night's patch kicking off the 4.5 PBE cycle, ricklessabandon briefly commented on his Miss Fortune changes that were not included in the initial patch:
"within the 4.5 round of changes. she'll be in this week, assuming we update again before the weekend."He later returned with a full change list!
"since miss fortune will be back up on the pbe either tomorrow or friday, i figured i could give you guys a quick preview of the current iteration for the interim. i'll still be using the pbe thread as 'home' for most of the discussion and reports, but think that this is probably a better place for this until the changes are actually playable on the pbe.
please remember that these are changes i'd like to test on the public beta environment. these are subject to change, and as such they may not be representative of what changes (if any) ship in future patches.
Double Up (Q)
- Now displays its Movement Speed bonus on its buff icon
- Mana Cost reduced to 43/46/49/52/55 (from 70/75/80/85/90)
- Cooldown reduced to 7/6/5/4/3 (from 9/8/7/6/5)
- Damage to 1st target changed to 20/35/50/65/80 [+85% Total AD] (from 25/60/95/130/165 [+75% Total AD])
- Damage to 2nd target changed to 40/70/100/130/160 [+100% Total AD] (from 30/72/114/156/198 [+ 90% Total AD])
Impure Shots (W)
- Target selection for 2nd target updated
- Mana Cost reduced to 30/35/40/45/50 (from 50 at all ranks)
- Passive's bonus damage changed to [6% Total AD] per stack (from 4/6/8/10/12 [+5% AP])
- Attack Speed changed to 20/30/40/50/60% (from 30/35/40/45/50%)
Make It Rain (E)
- Grievous Wounds duration reduced to 2 seconds (from 3 seconds)
- Cooldown reduced to 14/13/12/11/10 (from 15 at all ranks)
- Duration increased to 3 seconds (from 2 seconds)
- Slow changed to 25/35/45/55/65% (from 20/28/36/44/52%)
Bullet Time (R)
- Vision granted by Make It Rain now more closely matches its area of effect
- Now applies stacks of Impure Shots (does include bonus magic damage from passive; does not include grievous wounds from active)
- New passive effect: increases the stack cap of Impure Shots to 6/7/8
this weekend should be fun~"
- Damage reduced to 50/75/125 [+20% AP] (from 65/95/125 [+35% Bonus AD][+20% AP])
[ Reminder ] Earn a 4-win IP Boost by verifying your email!As you may remember, Riot launched recently launched email verification in an effort to help keep accounts safe and secure.
Here's Veruco a reminder on how to sign up and snag a free IP boost in the process:
"As part of ongoing work to keep all players accounts safe, we rolled out email verification for any and all account credential changes. In case you’ve forgotten or haven’t had a chance to verify yet, we’re offering up a 4-win IP boost for everyone that establishes a verified email account. If you’ve already verified, you’re good to go.
We’ve implemented a two-step process so that no one can make changes to your League of Legends password or email without also having access to your verified email account. The system will send a message whenever a password or email change is attempted, so you’ll know the instant any suspicious activity occurs.
To activate email verification and shield your account from unauthorized access, click here and sign in or:Have questions? Check out the email verification FAQ!
- Head to leagueoflegends.com and sign in
- Click your summoner name
- Follow the prompts to establish a verified email account"