The PBE has been updated! Heimerdinger has an updated lore entry ( to go along with his VU! ) and there is a new Feral Flare item that evolves out of Wriggle's Lantern
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
[Feb 28] OS Compatibility Test
Hey testers! In tonight's deploy we're making a few tweaks to how LoL interfaces with operating systems in order to thoroughly vet our compatibility with a few older OS versions. This may result in...oddness...at any or all levels of the LoL experience, from clicking "LeagueofLegends.exe" to any component of the in-game experience to even the game crash process. Please continue to report bugs as normal, even (especially?) if they're really odd. (Bug reporting guide!)
Because of the potential impact, I also want to take the time to remind everyone that sometimes the PBE explodes, and that's okay. One of (if not THE) biggest purposes of the PBE is to body block complex changes like this from nuking the live servers come patch day.
Updated Heimerdinger Lore & "Eureka" buff
"From the Journal of Professor Cecil B. Heimerdinger
Current meteorological conditions in Bandle City seem optimal. Atmospheric pressure is ideal for today's experiments!
Running a fifth trial for my Tridyminiumobulator this afternoon. Some fine tuning is required; singed my mustache. Need to adjust the energy throughput.
Tridyminiumobulator is still not maintaining intended proper energy efficiency! Necessary to run more numbers. In the meantime, I have found something else that's very intriguing.
While returning home after today's tests, I passed a gaggle of young yordles throwing a spherical projectile at each other. It's a simple enough concept: throw the object at someone, catch it, throw it at another yordle, repeat. But yordle miscalculations result in several errors!
They throw with inconsistent accuracy and force, and the ''ball'' (as they refer to it) is frequently dropped ... There are many ways for this process to be improved. According to my calculations, and after collecting data from the participants, if the pitching was consistent in both speed and arc there would be a 44.57% increase to fun! I need to ponder this for the evening.
Eureka! I've devised a solution.
I've invented an automated ball pitcher. Current name: H-28G. It employs a consistent speed and trajectory, ensuring that the recipient will always be able to catch the ball. It redirects itself to the nearest yordle (if there is more than one in the vicinity) ensuring everyone has a turn. I'll take it to the young yordles today and demonstrate my invention.
Also: spilled toxic acid on my shoes this morning. Bothersome.
Tested the automated pitcher today. It did not go as planned. The young ones were excited enough about my invention, but, when the machine was turned on, it was far too powerful! Even at its lowest setting it completely knocked a yordle off his feet. Clearly, I overestimated the velocity behind their throws ... I'll return soon to make adjustments.
But my priority, for now, is the Tridyminiumobulator; I must fix its complications before lunch. Once it's in good shape, I'll need to test it somewhere else. Bandle City is proving insufficient for field research.
Apparently, there's a giant in town. A highly annoying anomaly. The noise outside is disturbing my research!
Must check fish tank today. They've been strangely quiet ...
I have heard that many yordles have been injured due to the giant-related disturbance. If this doesn't stop soon, intervention will be necessary! I hope H-28G is still intact. I would lose a lot of time if it has to be rebuilt.
Everything is quiet again. It seems that the giant came to his senses and ran off. I need to gather H-28G tomorrow, once I've finished with more pressing matters. I've almost perfected the Tridyminiumobulator!
Today has been quite eventful already. I was surprised by a knock at my door. It seemed like the entire city was standing in front of my house. Normally, when a crowd has gathered, it's because they have some petty grievance about my work. But this time, they were celebrating!
Astonishingly, it seems one of the young yordles took advantage of the H-28G prototype I had left behind amidst the giant tomfoolery. He proved to be innovative, and repurposed the invention into a makeshift turret. It's powerful enough to scare off a giant imagine that! What an ingenious little fellow.
I wish I could employ his like-minded encephalon in the near future I have big plans and his assistance could be valuable but he'd have to leave Bandle City. The scope of my plans necessitates a more expansive testing ground.
Runeterra should suffice!"
Heimerdinger also has a string for a new buff referred to as "Heimerdinger Pentakill"
- Eureka! - "Heimerdinger has solved the problem of having enemies who are still alive. Using careful experimentation, he has adjusted their 'alive' status. FOR SCIENCE"
|Credit to gtjiio on twitter!|
- H-28G Evolution Turret ( Q ) tool tip changed around.
- Turret Health now lists an AP ratio that seems to scale up per champion level, starting at very low ending at .5 AP at level 18
- Turret Attack - Cannon now lists that it generates +1/2/3/4/5% beam charge each attack
- Turret Attack - Beam now fires off every 10 seconds down from every 12 seconds
- Hextech Micro-rockets ( W ) range reduced to 1325 from 1525
- [ Context ]: Hard to tell with the VU VFX but I -believe- this might just be a change to the indicator
- UPGRADE!!! ( R ) now lists the H-28Q Apex Turret " its beams charge twice as fast"
- Health increased to 411 from 390
- [Context]: Revert to a previous change. Back to same value as live.
- Build Path now Dagger ( 400g ) + Hunter's Machete ( 300g ) + 50g
- Total Cost up to 750 from 700
- No longer grants 20 armor.
- Now grants 15% attack speed
- Now builds out of Mandre's Razors ( 750g ) + Long Sword ( 360g ) + Dagger ( 400 ) + 140 gold
- Total cost remains at 1650
- Now transforms into Feral Flare at 25 large monsters killed with Maim*
- Solcrushed : "The counter for upgrading Wriggles -> Flare counts the number of large monsters you killed with Maim (Machete, Razors, Lantern.) So more or less counts every monster you killed from start of game unless you started dblade or something." [Source]
- Attack speed increased to 30% from 25%
- Unique Passive - Maim: heal increased to 12 from 10
- Unique Passive increased gold from monsters decreased to 30% from 40%
- Armor reduced to 0
- Now Grants 12 AD
- Transforms from Wriggle's Lantern after 25 large monsters killed with Maim.
- +20 Attack Damage
- +35% Attack Speed
- UNIQUE Passive - Maim: Basic attacks deal 100 ( + 3 per kill/assist/large monster kill ) magic damage (33% against champions) and heal 12 ( + 1 per kill/assist/large monster kill ) on hit. This damage and heal is increased by kills, assists and large monster kills.
- UNIQUE Passive: Gain 30% increased Gold from monsters.
- UNIQUE Active: Places a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 180 seconds (180 second cooldown)
- Limited to 1 Gold Income item
All trinkets can not be used for the first 120 seconds ( up from 90 ) and selling a trinket disables trinket use for 120 seconds ( down from 180 )
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Catch up with the links below or check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the balance changes currently in this PBE cycle!
- 2/27 PBE Update - Heimerdinger VU and Arctic Ops Varus
- 2/28 PBE Update - New Minion Aggro VFX, AO Varus Passive VFX, and tentative balance changes for Annie, Maokai, Nautilus, Sivir