[ Note: The bot AI has also been updated! See this post for more info ]The PBE has been updated! Vel'Koz and Battlecast Vel'Koz now have their proper voiceovers, there is a new set of 12 GPL team icons, and Miss Fortune is up for a multitude of tentative balance changes!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
After invading the PBE in yesterday's update, Vel'Koz's voiceover is now up on the PBE!
Battlecast Vel'Koz Voiceover:
Looks like Battlecast Vel'koz's VO has special interactions with Kassadin, Zilean, Yordles, and the Howling Abyss!
- "A human who survived the void? Implausible! "
- " An evolution of Man and Void... how unusual"
- "Zilean... there is a great secret within you!"
- "Odd, their intelligence drops in the presence of poros"
- "99% fur , 1% glee"
- "Hahhaha, yordle recongintion complete"
Here's a couple of updated previews now that his voice is in:
New GPL Summoner Icons
New summoner icons for the 2014 GPL Spring teams are up on the PBE. You can find more information on these teams and event by checking out these ( Group A , Group B ) links!
Updates to Bot AIBellissimoh comes baring good news to everyone who enjoys Co-op vs AI - Riot is working to update the Bot AI!
Check out what he has to say ab out the changes currently being tested on the PBE:
I'm here to chat with you guys about bots and the changes we're making to bot behaviors. The goal of these changes is to make a new player's transition from Co-Op vs AI to normal PVP smoother by having bots make more human-like decisions in game.
So, for the last few months, we've been yanking the circuit boards from the Beginner and Intermediate bots and reprogramming them to bring new life to the AI while laying down a solid foundation for future updates. The changes include (but aren't limited to):
Our goal isn't to make Diamond-level bots, but to make the AI play less like a bot and more like a person. We want bots to consider the same things you do when you make decisions in game. Part of what makes League of Legends so fun is the variety in player behavior. No matchup is the exact same. If we can reduce bot predictability in Co-Op vs AI, then mission accomplished.
- How bots understand their strength compared to nearby allied and enemy champions
- How bots react to overwhelming enemy strength
- How bots position and farm in lane
We made these changes to a core set of 15 bots at the moment so you'll only run into these core bots for a while on PBE. As we get feedback from you guys, we'll tweak the bots and crank out the remaining ones to add back into the pool. We've mobilized the bots and look forward to hearing what you guys think!
By the way, don't worry that this is the beginning of the robo-pocalypse. We programmed them according to the Three Laws of Robotics. They'll never turn on us...right? Guys?"
More info and bug report thread available on the PBE Commmunity.
[ Context: Kassadin received heavy changes last PBE cycle and in yesterday's update. They have been reverted back to live values in today's update. His new VFX remain. ]
- Null Sphere ( Q ) reverted back to live values.
- Nether Blade ( W ) reverted back to live values.
- Force Pulse ( E ) reverted back to live values.
- Riftwalk ( R ) reverted back to live values.
[Context: See this thread for more info and context]
- Double Up ( Q ):
- Mana Cost reduced to 55 (from 70/75/80/85/90)
- Cooldown changed to 7/6/5/4/3 (from 9/8/7/6/5)
- Damage to 1st target changed to 110% AD (from 25/60/95/130/165 +75% AD)
- Damage to 2nd target changed to 120/130/140/150/160% AD (from 30/72/114/156/198 +90% AD)
- *The criteria for selecting the 2nd target for Double Up has been changed from 'largely random' to the following:
- Bounce Mechanics: Double Up now looks for targets within a cone directly behind the 1st target (based on initial cast position) within 500 range
- Double Up will first attempt to target champions marked by Impure Shots within a 40° cone
- Then it will attempt to target a minion/monster within a 20° cone
- Then it will attempt to target a champion within a 20° cone
- Then it will attempt to target a minion/monster within a 40° cone
- Then it will attempt to target a champion within a 40° cone
- Finally it will attempt to target a neutral/enemy unit within a 90° cone
|New Target Indicator for Q's bounce.|
- Impure Shots ( W ) :
- Mana Cost reduced to 30 (from 50)
- Cooldown changed to 15/14/13/12/11 (from 16)
- Passive's damage changed to 6% AD per stack (from 4/6/8/10/12 + .05 AP damage per stack)
- Active's Attack Speed buff changed to 20/30/40/50/60% (from 30/35/40/45/50%)
- Grievous Wounds duration reduced to 2 (from 3)
- Bullet Time ( R )
- Damage reduced to 45/75/105 (from 65/95/125)
- Bonus AD ratio reduced to 30% (from 35%)
- Now applies stacks of Impure Shots (does include bonus magic damage; does not include Grievous Wounds)
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Catch up with the links below or check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the balance changes currently in this PBE cycle!