1) Viktor Hotfix
It looks like Viktor release wasn't as smooth as Riot has hoped! On the 31st, Riot released a hotfix to address a few bugs and tweak some numbers for their newest robotic champion.
- leoliolip, European Community Manager, via the official forums.We’ve just deployed a hotfix for League of Legends which address multiple bugs and some initial feedback that we’ve received about Viktor, the Machine Herald. Below you’ll find all the changes included in this hotfix which are now live on servers with this content enabled.
- Lowered Augment Costs to 1,000
- The displayed price will remain 1,200 until we patch in early 2012, but the Hex Core will be upgradable for 1,000 as it was originally intended
- Fixed a bug where Augment: Power was not assigning the correct stats
- Fixed a bug where Death Ray was not doing the correct amount of damage reported
- Fixed a bug where Chaos Storm was reacting to Twisted Fate’s Passive
- Fixed a bug where the End of Game screen was reporting massive damage done values for Viktor
Please have a safe and Happy New Year from all of us here at Riot Games!
2) Mastery Pages to be increased to 20 and Stored Server side.
Check out this chunk of text from RiotVeonneth concerning some quality of life changes that are in the works for the League of Legends client. He mentions an increased Mastery Page limit, storing of these mastery pages server side, and the addition of the ability to set up custom recommended items.
These are some great suggestions, and we've definitely talked about some of them, but unfortunately some take quite a bit of effort.official forums.
In regards to Mastery Pages up to 20, the issue here is actually server load implications. We're working to making it so that all Mastery Pages are stored on the server. This way, players who switch between multiple computers won't have to redo their mastery pages each time. With 10 mastery pages and hundreds of thousands of players playing simultaneously, you can imagine that there's a lot of server load involved. When we increase it to 20, we want to make sure that our servers can handle it. Even 10 is a stretch, because unlike rune pages, Mastery Pages are free. Very few players even have 10 rune pages, so the sever load from them isn't very high.
For Custom Recommended Items, we completely agree, but we're looking at more holistic solutions (like importing build orders for both items and skills, or saving guides/notes in a better way).
For "customize control saving," I don't think we've had any direct discussions about this one. I'll make sure we talk about it, but I don't think the value here is too extreme. A huge portion of our players never change their default keybindings, and those that are "hardcore" enough to do it on a per-champion basis also probably know how to edit their keybindings outside the game.
3) Dodge Refund Round 1 Complete
If you noticed a huge bump to your IP in the past week, its probably due to Riot completing its first round of Dodge Rune refunds. Once updates have been made to items and champions who still utilize the fading dodge mechanic, Riot will do another sweep of dodge rune refunds before actually removing them from the game for good.
4) About Dark Crusader Mordekaiser
We actually have some acknowledgement, albeit lack luster, about the mysterious new Mordekaiser that has been floating around for the past few patches.
At Riot, we work really hard to provide the highest quality content possible. Dark Crusader Mordekaiser just didn't look as distinctive as expected, so it was decided to not release him at this time. I don't know when/if he is being redone.official forums.