The PBE has been updated! New stuff includes a new evil looking Ziggs summoner icon, new healthbars that display the HP of Blue Sentinel and Red Brambleback, Soulstealer Vladimir's sound effects, eight summoner icons for Brazilian eSports teams, and several tentative balance changes!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and iterative - what you see may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers! Manage your expectations accordingly. )
New Summoner IconsToday's update features a mischievous looking Ziggs summoner icon.
We also have several eSports summoner icons for competitive Brazilian teams:
Soulstealer Vladimir SFXSoulstealer Vladimir now has a full set of sound effects changes to go along with his soul siphoning new look!
[ Interested in a better look at Soulstealer Vladimir? Check out our earlier PBE coverage! ]
Blue & Red Health barsLike Baron and Dragon, Blue Sentinel and Red Brambleback now have larger health bars that show their current HP values.
Context on Nidalee PBE ChangesAs you may have noticed, Nidalee received several changes in the 6/23 PBE update only to have them mostly reverted in today's update.
Here's Riot Repertoir with context on these recent Nidalee PBE changes, as well as what we can expect to be tested in preparation for 4.11:
Some Nidalee stuff went to PBE today without any word from us as to when/why it would release, so I just wanted to give everyone some details on that.
First, not all of those changes are going to see the Live environment, and many won't be in patch 4.11 either. For the most part, I'm pretty happy with how Nidalee's doing in 4.10 at the moment, but there are a few main issues I will be looking into patching up in the near future. First, she is at the extreme of unreliability when it comes to teamfighting, so I want to give her a bit of help in that department. Second, her power level seems to be particularly high in early laning before it steadily goes down over game time. The changes on PBE today were aimed largely at addressing those issues, but with limited time before we finish our 4.11 patch cycle, we've decided to take on a less aggressive changelist for her.
Here's what you'll see on PBE on 6/23, relative to 4.10:
- Javelin Toss
- Missile width increased to 40 from 30
- Cooldown reduced to 13/12/11/10/9 from 17/16/15/14/13
- Damage reduced to 10/12/14/16/18% from 12/14/16/18/20%
- Aspect of the CougarI will likely continue to investigate ways to improve her feel and balance her power curve over the next few patches, and that may include things like the 'AP to on-hit damage' and 'Swipe granting defenses' stuff you saw today, but for now we're going to stick to the above changes to test for 4.11. She's a hard character to pick up and master, so we don't want to overreact to early performance data that suggests she's dramatically on the weak side, since I think most of us (player and developer alike) get the feeling that's not completely true.
- Triggering a Hunt resets the cooldown of Aspect of the Cougar when Nidalee is in human form
Repertoir"As for the now removed ability for Nidalee to hunt on large monsters, Repertoir commented:
"I agree this opens up options, but we would like a bit more time than just a few days to test this out before going through with it."
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Concussive Blows ( Passive ) stack duration lowered to 4 seconds from 5 seconds. [ need to confirm in game ]
- Concussive Blows ( Passive ) damage upon reaching four stacks changed to 38+12 per level from 60+ 10 per level. [ looks like damage numbers have been changed, lemme look into it ]
- Concussive Blows ( Passive ) bonus magic damage on auto attack changed to ~[7.5 + 2.4] per level from 12 + 2 per level [ This value seems to be 1/5 of the other damage]
- Intervention (R) cooldown increased to 110/95/80 from 90/75/60
[ Remember: Maokai has received several significant kit changes in this PBE cycle, including his W doing % max HP damage, his R being attached to him, and his E having a slow. Read up ]
- Twisted Advance ( W) range increased to 525 from 500
- Twisted Advance ( W ) cooldown increased to 13/12/11/10/9 from 12/11/10/9/8
- Vengeful Maelstrom ( R ) base mana cost lowered to 40 from 75 at all ranks
- Vengeful Maelstrom ( R ) cast radius increased to 475 from 400
- [Context : Vengeful Maelstrom's radius was reduced to 400 from 550 ( # in files ) in a previous update ]
[ All of the changes from the 6/23 PBE update have been REVERTED except for those listed below. See above for more info from Riot Repertoir ]
- Javelin Toss ( Q Human ) missile width increased to 40 from 30.
- Bushwack ( W Human ) cooldown reduced to 13/12/11/10/9 from 17/16/15/14/13
- Bushwack ( W Human ) Damage reduced to 10/12/14/16/18% from 12/14/16/18/20%
- Aspect of the cougar ( R ) - Triggering a Hunt resets the cooldown of Aspect of the Cougar when Nidalee is in Human form.
- Base movement speed reduced to 325 from 330
Miss out on previous updates from this PBE cycle? Check out THIS PAGE for a comprehensive list of the new content in this PBE cycle or catch up with the links below !
- 6/17 PBE Update #1: Hazmat Heimerdinger and Soulstealer Vladimir
- 6/17 PBE Update #2: Summoner's Rift Update Now Available for Testing
- 6/18 PBE Update: Headhunter Caitlyn
- 6/19 PBE Update: SR Monster HUD Portraits and HH Caitlyn changes.
- 6/20 PBE Update: Nautilus Passive Indicator, Tentative balance changes
- 6/23 PBE Update: Hazmat Heimer Splash, in-game jungle timers, and more!
Reminder: The Summoner's Rift update is currently on the PBE for testing!