(Note: To clear up some of the confusion, not all of these changes are on the PBE yet.)
Here's Riot Pwyff with the full set of tentative PBE changes and commentary:
"NUMERICAL VALUES ARE EXCLUDED FROM PBE PATCH NOTES DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE PBE (IT CHANGES!).
We are always trying to improve clarity of the Patch Notes and would appreciate feedback on their format if you feel you can add anything. Except asking for numerical values. Quit it!
As you know, we use the PBE servers as a testing ground for a lot of our experimental changes, but we’ve run into situations where sometimes a change requires a bit more nuance to understand. As a result, we’ll be driving these PBE context posts when we can offer more information.
Also note that these changes are tentative, like anything else on the PBE, so they are all very subject to change.
Context: Right now we know that Draven's passive can feel a little more powerful - both functionally and visually - so we're experimenting with it to see if we can get it to a better place while making it more relevant later in the game. Another note is that this change may not make it in this upcoming patch.
League of Draven
- Now consumes all stacks on kill to reward Draven with gold, up from only consuming half.
- Visuals and sounds for League of Draven play on every Draven kill, instead of only playing on kills that consume a large number of stacks.
Context: Fiora players have suffered for some time with how unreliable Blade Waltz is as an ultimate ability (it can even be interrupted if she loses vision). We've made some changes that will help her quality of life when using Blade Waltz.
- Will now choose untargetable and invisible targets if necessary to continue Blade Waltz. If Fiora needs to jump to such a target to continue the Blade Waltz, she will do so, though Fiora will still fail to deal damage to untargetable/invisible units to which she jumps.
Summary: Idol of Durand's cooldown reduced at all ranks and his mana cost has been reduced to a flat number (lower overall) at all ranks.
Context: Galio's powerful ultimate has several measures in place to keep it in check, but those counters in addition to his resource costs (mana / cooldowns) are currently too constraining overall.
Idol of Durand
- Cooldown moderately reduced
- Mana cost significantly reduced at later ranks (to a flat cost across all ranks)
* Special Context: These changes are in a high state of flux, so providing a direct summary and/or context post won’t be enough here. Instead we’ll focus on our overarching goals and will provide more insight as we go.
Our core problem with Olaf has been that, when played well, his kit allowed him to circumvent a lot of healthy gameplay interactions within League of Legends. A good Olaf played well was entirely dependent on his player's skill level (since his kit had built-in mechanics to ignore relevant counterplay). These changes are to make Olaf more powerful while still giving his opponents options to learn and play against him.
We’ll discuss the difficulties of balancing around Olaf in the future, but for now our goals are to create more gameplay and counterplay within Olaf’s kit so that he remains true to his character design, but isn’t an overpowering presence within the competitive scene like before.
- Base Mana moderately reduced
- Mana per level moderately reduced
- Attack Speed per level moderately reduced
- Attack Damage per level moderately reduced
- Base Damage moderately reduced
- Slow Percent moderately increased
- Slow Duration moderately reduced (based on distance traveled)
- Slow no longer decays
- Minimum distance added
- Axes now stick in walls and structures only if they would land in impassible terrain
- Axes now make jungle monsters ignore unit collision to enable Olaf's Axe pickup play in the jungle better
- Mana cost significantly reduced at later levels (to a flat cost across all ranks)
- Now provides % extra healing for every __% health Olaf is missing
- Health ratio removed from AD component
- Base Damage significantly increased
- Lifesteal minorly reduced
- Spellvamp removed
- Cooldown moderately increased
- Damage moderately reduced reduced (more at later ranks)
- Bonus AD ratio added
- Cost is equal to __% of total damage dealt (unchanged ratio)
- Basic attacks lower the cooldown of Reckless Swing
- Cooldown changed to be higher at lower levels and lower at later levels
- Mana Cost removed
- Now provides Armor / Magic Resistance passively
- Active Reworked: Now removes the passive portion of the ability while active, grants a significant AD bonus
- Olaf now turns Red when Ragnarok is active
- Retains his immunity to disables
Summary: Zac's bloblet drops are now more contestable by opponents in lane.
Context: This is a bit of a complicated change to Zac, but one we felt would be better for his overall health rather than continuing to reduce his numbers due to his high power. When we first designed Zac, our initial concern was that his bloblets would be difficult to use if we didn't stack the bloblet variables in Zac's favor (IE: counting as "picked up" for Zac if he is within a certain distance even if his opponent is closer, or having a brief window of invulnerability to being squished but free to pick up). As we've seen in competitive and normal play, however, this was proven to not be the case and Zac's ability to sustain and bully in lane with his bloblet regeneration is just too strong. We've since recoded Zac's bloblets in a variety of ways so that Zac's opponents will have a fair and equal chance to stomp out his bloblets in lane.
- Adjusted passive chunk drops to be more contestable in lane
Attack Speed Buffs
Context: Champions previously only saw the benefit of attack speed buff skills after activating the skill and attacking once. These changes mean Champions with the relevant steroid skills (Graves, Twitch etc.) will see the increased attack speed instantly rather than after their next attack.
- Fixed a bug that now all the temporary attack speed buff would effective immediately, rather than after first attack
Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar
Context: Similar to the changes made in 3.10 with the removal of Needlessly Large Rod, the recipe change on Sanguine Blade is to alleviate frustrations surrounding having to save for a B.F. Sword.
- Recipe Changed: Pickaxe + Vampiric Scepter + 500 gold = 2175 Total Gold
Context: Nidalee Bushwack traps grant too much vision and control on our wardless maps. Durations have been changed to reflect the shorter game lengths of Dominion and Twisted Treeline.
- Bushwhack reveal and Armor and Magic Resistance shred significantly reduced
- Bushwhack trap duration significantly reduced
Context: Like Nidalee, Teemo's Noxious Traps grant too much vision for and control on wardless maps. We've reduced their durations to reflect the shorter game lengths of Dominion and Twisted Treeline.
- Noxious Trap map duration significantly reduced
Context: Wild Growth has amazing team utility and it being up for nearly every fight was giving Lulu a little too much power.
- Wild Growth cooldown moderately increased at early levels and significantly increased at later levels
Context: Wukong was getting a lot of free tank stats, allowing him to build damage without worrying about being too squishy. For similar reasons to Lulu, we've increased the cooldown on Cyclone.
- Stone Skin Armor and Magic Resistance per rank moderately reduced
- Cyclone cooldown increased at later levels
Context: Kassdin is in a much better place after his initial changes, but he's still a little strong. This silence duration change should bring him in line while still allowing him to remain competitive.
- Null Sphere silence duration reduced at later levels
Context:Kha'Zix's isolation mechanic too easily accessible on Dominion. With these changes, he will still have plenty of killing power, but now his enemies will have a chance to react.
Taste Their Fear
- Taste Their Fear isolation damage reduced
Evolved Enlarged Claws
- Evolved Enlarged Claws additional missing health damage reduced
Context: Yorick in a solo lane has some strong counters but, if you do not specifically counter him, he tends to crush his opponent. These changes are meant to slow down some of his harass and sustain.
Omen of Famine
- Omen of Famine cast range moderately reduced
Omen of Famine
- Omen of Famine cooldown reduced at early levels and increased at later levels to a flat number"