Are you ready for a long post? I hope so because the PBE has been updated with a slew of new stuff! Rengar is fully available for testing, we have oodles of new skins, there is a complete set of updated Katarina skins ( including two textures for future skins that are incomplete ), a set balance changes, some files relating to an upcoming UI update, and much more!
It looks like Riot's little item page mishap was legit and it would seem Rengar is our next champion! Check out his splash, model, lore, kit and so much more! You may also choose to gaze upon his release skin, Hunter Rengar.
|Rengar's lore entry from the PBE client.|
|The new item, exclusive to Rengar. Which offers him additional bonuses based on the amount of trophies he has, a resource acquired by getting kills and assists.|
Passive: Unseen Predator
While in brush or stealth Rengar will leap at the target when using his basic attack.Q: Savagery
Rengar builds 1 point of Ferocity with each ability he uses on enemies. When reaching 5 points of Ferocity, Rengar's next ability becomes empowered, granting it a bonus effect.
Rengar's next basic attack deals bonus damage ( 30/55/80/105/130 + total AD ) and grants him increased attack speed.
Ferocity Bonus: Rengar deals enhanced damage and doubles his Attack Speed bonus.
W: Battle Roar
Rengar lets out a battle roar, damaging enemies ( 75/120/165/210/255 +1 AP ) and gaining bonus armor and Magic Resist ( 20/30/40/50/60 ) for a short duration.Ferocity Bonus: Rengar heals for a large amount ( 15% of his max health).
E: Bola Strike
Rengar throws a bola at his target ( 60/105/150/195/240 damage +), slowing them for a short duration ( 50/55/60/65/70%, Enemy Movement Speed recovers over 2.5 seconds).
Ferocity Bonus: Roots the target for 1 second.
R: Thrill of the Hunt
Rengar activates his predatory instincts, stealthing and revealing all enemy Campions in a large radius around him. He gains Movement Speed (10/15/20%) and rapidly generates Ferocity while stealthed. Lasts 7 seconds or until he uses an ability.
There is also a new skin for Rammus as well as a new Graves skin that will, presumably, replace Riots current event skin, Riot K-9 Nasus.
Full Metal Rammus
|Shots of the new animations/particles courtesy of redditor long218.|
There are also textures ( read as not complete skin files ) for two upcoming skins for Katarina.
Crimson Elite Katarina
Crimson Elite Katarina
Assuming you saw the news about Katarina's upcoming relaunch, here are some shots of her new model, animations, and all of her updated skins. Big shout out to LoL King and their model viewer, which I screen capped the models from.
High Command Katarina
Now on to the other non-skin stuff!
Reign of Gaming has put up a set of tentative patch notes for this iteration of the PBE, including small buffs for Cho, Teemo, Kayle, and Varus, as well as pretty big changes for Garen. Below is a mixture of the information Reign of Gaming has provided and information I've added to increase the readability of the notes.
- Feast now deals 1000 (+0.7) true damage to minions, up from 1000. Now loses half of his stacks on death ( currently he to loses up to 3 ).
- Feral Scream Minor tooltip rewording (no change)
- Vorpal Spikes Minor tooltip rewording (no change)
- Decisive Strike now also breaks all slows affecting Garen. 35% Speed bonus now lasts 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Damage increased to 30/55/80/105/130 (up from 30/45/60/75/90) and Silence effect duration changed to 1.5/1.8/2/2.3/2.5 seconds instead of a flat 2.5 seconds at all ranks.
- Courage now passively increases Armor and Magic Resist by 20% instead of increasing it by 0.5 every time he kills an enemy unit.
- Courage defensive shield now lasts 2/3/4/5/6 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Now reduces incoming damage by 30% at all ranks instead of 20/24/28/32/36%. Now also grants 30% Crowd Control Reduction. Cooldown changed to 24 seconds instead of 30/27/24/21/18 Seconds.
- Judgment no longer breaks slow effects or reduces the duration of slow effects. Now deals 20/45/70/95/120 plus 70/80/90/100/110 % of his attack damage instead of 50/90/130/170/210 physical damage. Judgment can critically strike dealing bonus damage. Judgment deals 25% less damage to minions and monsters. Now ignores unit collision but reduces movement speed by 20% when passing through minions this way.
- Demacian Justice now has a 160/120/80 seconds cooldown, changed from 140/120/100 seconds.
- Righteous Fury now scales from 40% of AP, up from 20%.
- Toxic Shot now deals 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.4) damage, up from 9/18/27/36/45 (+0.14). Now deals 6/12/18/24/30 (+0.1) damage over 4 seconds, down from 6/12/18/24/30 (+0.14).
- Blighted Quiver: Now does 2/2.8/3.5/4.3/5 % (+0.02%) of the target's maximum Health per stack, up from 2/2.8/3.5/4.3/5 % (+0.01%)
Lux's ultimate has been renamed from Infinite Light to Final Spark.
Proving Grounds has been reverted to having two nexus turrets.
|Picture complements of l4mouette.|
|Slightly larger and noticeably easier to read.|
There is now a "notes" section for people on your friends list where you can conveniently store a small bit of information about them, strictly for personal reference.
Lastly, a mess of new work-in-progress UI resources also made their way into this build.
|The new UI files unattached.|
|The incomplete files forced in place of the current UI.|
"Yes – this is a work in progress that is too early to be shown; we’ll start an AMA thread later with an artist to explain where this is, what’s going on, and use this as a chance to gather your constructive feedback" -Riot did indeed follow through with put up an AMA thread where summoners were free to inquire about new UI and even provided a cleaner and properly applied screen shot of the tentative, new UI:
|"We’re trying to make things more readable, intuitive and informative. For example, the image we just posted has dots below the abilities to show what level the ability is at a glance. We also opened up the play area so you could see more of the map." - RiotNarya, via reddit.|
P.S I don't have a post for this just yet, but it looks like the new Brazilian Launch skin might be creeping around. It certainly looks a lot like Gangplank and seems to be a reference to B.O.P.E. Here is a screen cap from the Riot BR ESL Final stream.
|Hue Hue Hue... me hearties?|