Xypherous, one of the associate technical designers for League of Legends, recently made a forum post about some mechanics he likes that you may or may not see in the game. He writes;
- "Gradius Option - Pet that follows you and mirrors your attacks and skillshots, can be deployed.
- Tri Element Mage / Weaponmaster - Basic abilities on a tri-stance system.
- Swarm Carrier / Ally Bonding into Turret - Control minions, hop into/absorb damage for allies and control minions while shooting spells from them.
- Support Trap that you can place down that allies can use to jump forward
- Circular Missiles - Wild Axen - Circular shots, Orbitting Skillshots.
- Spirit Bond + Guardian - Take portion of allies damage - Enrage when ally takes damage.
etc. etc. etc.
Just as soon as I find the time/concepts/characters where actually *doing* them feels right."
I do like that the community is getting some previews on the mechanics side and I'd love more posts like this. A great many recent champions have felt like 'safe releases' focusing less on giving the players 'fun buttons' and more on being balanced by having slightly altered version of pre-existing move sets. Xypherous' post has some good direction for future champions as breaking away from some of their established abilities will bring a bit more imbalance to the game, but for my tastes, I'd rather have a fun button than a safe button.
You can check out additional feedback and ideas by looking at the CLG Redtracker entry for this post. We are at about 15 posts and counting of Xypherous insight.